• facebook
  • twitter
  • contact us

Disney vs other cruise lines

Forums > Vacation Planning > Disney vs other cruise lines

Jenni
We will be planning an Alaskan cruise in the future and after going to DL I am jazzed about the idea of a Disney cruise! Are there any particular reasons to use a different cruise line instead (besides maybe it’s cheaper?)? Or is the Disney line just too good to pass up?
Mickey Bound
I have not cruised on any other one did Disney this September would to do any other. If you like characters they have a lot. I’m not much of food person but food was really good.
DisneyNana
I knew Mickey Bound would respond to this thread. :-) I’ve only been on one Disney Cruise and it was fantastic. Jenni, like you pointed out the cost is a big difference. I wish I could cruise on Disney once a year but for myself 2 or 3 trips to Disneyland is what I prefer. The service on all cruise lines is wonderful but on Disney as you’d imagine is exceptional. We were on the Disney Wonder and the bathroom was split. Toilet and sink in one room and shower & sink in another room. That alone was very convenient.
Jenni
Is there a ‘good’ time to cruise? I priced out Disney and it was over $10k for the 4 of us!
NapaJane
I've been on Royal Caribbean, and loved them, Disney is just too expensive, and very happy so far with RC. I would imagine Disney is a notch above the rest, but the price gets me and would rather visit the parks too.
Lu
We love Royal as well. We took our kids on Allure of the Seas. Great family ship. Amazing. We have Symphony booked in the future. g
Mickey Bound
What cruise ships are best for adults
Vince
We’ve looked into a Disney Cruise but sadly it’s just too expensive. Nobody was ever able to tell me enough to make the price jump worth it. We cruise on Carnival. The staff is always amazing. We’ve cruised with the kids and without both fun for different reasons. I haven’t used any other line but don’t really have a reason to. We even got an opportunity to upgrade to the Owners Suite on our last family trip. Pretty cool experience. Maybe someday we will do a Disney Cruise just to have that experience but I don’t think it’s that much different.
DisneyNana
Mickey Bound, Royal Caribbean is a pretty nice cruise line for adults. I Vince, I hear you about the cost. We’ve been on one Disney Cruise to the Mexican Riviera. I’m not sure we’d ever be able to afford the Caribbean. The idea of 2 or 3 trips (or maybe even 4) versus 1 cruise seems like a no brainer choice to me.

Login to Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login with Facebook to Reply
Follow us on: