• facebook
  • twitter
  • contact us

Debating MaxPass

Forums > Vacation Planning > Debating MaxPass

Jenni
I know this has been a topic before so I apologize. I'm debating on the need for MaxPasses or just getting the photo pass for the week. Can you still get paper fastpasses for the few rides we might need it for? We will be there Monday-Thursday in mid-October and according to this app, capacities are 40-60% that week (and we wouldn't need them for Tuesday's Halloween party. Thoughts?
Tron3000
We just returned from Disneyland yesterday from a 10 day trip. We decided to try without getting the Max Passes for a couple days first to decide if we really needed them. Our existing Annual Passes already included photo passes. We found that we really did not need to get the Max Pass upgrade, so we never did for the entire trip. For us, we felt there was really no benefit and we were able to get Fast Passes to everything we wanted.
GoldenMel
Technically, the paper fast pass no longer exists. The slip of paper that you get from the kiosk is just a reminder of your ride time. Your gate/annual pass becomes the fast pass ticket and it gets scanned at the attraction. You can't give away the paper tickets any more.
Mickey Bound
Got max pass love it. Don't have to walk from one part of park to other. Got fast pass for guardians when we were still in Disneyland
Jenni
I understand the benefits but just don't know if we need to worry about getting fastpasses because it may not be that busy. Worth it no matter when? We would basically pay an extra $40
NapaJane
We went end of August, Sat-Monday, and hot on everything we wanted, no Max Pass. we were going to try it one day and didn't need it.
Sophiet1
Not worth it to us. Have no problem getting them the normal way
Lu
It was totally worth it to us. On the day we did paper Fastpass we got a total of 3 Fastpass (we switched parks). With MaxPass we got ever 1.5 hours. It saves us running from one ride to another . it was a huge advantage to us.
Mickey Bound
If you have any back or feet issues it helps. Used it for first time yesterday did 11 rides 9 of them major. Shopped took nap. And only stayed on parks till 6:30. Most rides we have done on a Saturday in years.
Disney go girl
I've tried it and love it. I wouldn't go without it. That being said, no you don't have to get it.
Nanna Joy
I'm just starting to look at that since we're now starting to plan abd budget for this. what is the cost and do buy it one time. or is it a daily thing.
Sophiet1
It costs $10 per person per day
Jenni
Nanna Joy, you can buy it for each day when you buy your ticket or each day once you enter the park.
Nanna Joy
all ready have tickets in package can it be added on or is it something you buy separately
Jenni
From what I understand, you buy separately on the day(s) you want them.
Sophiet1
That's right and it's $10 per person
Mickey Bound
If you have annual pass it is 75.00 added for year
DisneyNana
You can choose to buy for length of your trip and just try for a day or two. You could try it your first day and see what you think.
Jenni
That's the conundrum, DisneyNana...I could try for a few days but if we don't need it, then we missed out on the week of the photopass, which I want to purchase ahead of time.
DisneyNana
You could purchase for only one person for your entire stay and try out the system to see how you like it. And then if necessary, buy for the rest of your party.
Jenni
Then only one us would get the FP right? We might have different ride times. Am I understanding this thing correctly?
DisneyNana
That is correct. The one person that gets the MaxPass could just get the FP through kiosk with the rest of the party so you have same times. I was just suggesting doing it this way so you can try it and get the PhotoPass.
Baylee17
My daughter (adult) and I just got home yesterday. The crowd expectation was 20%. Not! It was crazy. Lines were minimum 45-60 minutes. We tried the Max pass on day two and decided it was SO worth it! We used it for a total of three days. It is SO worth $10.00. We decided that we would eat less snacks in the park to pay for it. Loved it! So--you might try it. Even if you already have photo pass...to me--that is just one little perk. The best part is not chasing allllll over the parks. You can choose which park to get the fast pass in--regardless of which park you are in at the time. I'm sold on the concept!
Jenni
Thank you all! Related question...my husband needs to get the app to have the MP, does he create his own account and get his ticket on his phone? And does that effect mine? In other words, can tickets be associated with two accounts?
Jenni
One more question with this: we will need to get the MP in the park...does being in the DL Hotel count as being 'in' or once we get IN in the parks? I'm guessing your ticket needs to be activated for the day for it to work but curious.
Baylee17
You must be in the park to activate your ticket/maxpass. He can create his own account and only the tickets you scan in will be available for maxpass. The app makes it so easy and you can add/link all tickets when and if you desire. Have fun!
Baylee17
Also, you can add fast passes when you are out of the park--you just can't activate it until you are inside.
Theresa
We're visiting in December, but 6 people times$10 times 5 days is$300!
DisneyNana
Theresa I totally understand. It can be very costly for the convenience. May make more sense for 1 person in your party to head to kiosk to get FP for all.
Mickey Bound
Do it with out maxpass then on last day if their is any big rides left that you have to just do again then do it. For that day you will also get photo pass.
heffurtink
We have the opportunity to go to DL for one day Friday Dec 1 with another couple on a quick trip to California from Idaho. Both of us couples are going for the 1st time ever without any kiddos. We are doing the maxpass. The photo pass will make it worth it and we have decided to try and do as many rides as possible. This is a unique trip so we want to go for it and this will help us decide if it will be worth it on future trips. Any help to enhance our experience and maximixe our park time is worth it to us.
Jenni
We ended up never getting the maxpass and didn’t feel like we missed out. A few times I thought it would have been nice but lines were not too bad (did most rides twice!) and got a few fastpasses no problem including Cars. The magic mornings and Halloween Party helped for sure.
Mickey Bound
Last time did max pass. Managed to do 9 major rides on a Saturday that includes not staying till park closes and a 2 hour break in afternoon.
Jenni
Definitely agree, Diane! Good to know there are options, that you can still have a great experience without it. I think if we had more in our party and less time to do rides, I would do MaxPass no question.

Login to Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login with Facebook to Reply
Follow us on: