• facebook
  • twitter
  • contact us

Rider switch

Forums > Vacation Planning > Rider switch

Princess Eilonwy
How does this work? Apologies if there is already a thread on this topic.
Phthomas10
I'm with you though...how does this work? Lol
Christy
I asked this before, I understand the logistics (I think). You wait in line then when it's your turn a family member waits with the child as you ride then you wait with the child while they ride. They don't have to wait in line again and go right after you get off. My question was age limit regarding rider switch, my son is 14 and won't ride Guardians ride.
Chance
Not sure if it applies to a child that simply doesn't want to ride?? But if your child doesn't meet the height requirements, one member of your family waits behind while everyone else rides. You tell the cast member at the beginning of the line and they'll give you a rider switch pass that's good for the one that sat out plus 2 to go with them. And they can go through the fast pass line and get right on the ride. What's cool about it, is that it doesn't matter if you get your rider switch through the normal que or through the fast pass line. So if you get fast passes for everyone in your party, even if they won't be riding. Then hold onto 2 of those fast passes (adult & child not riding) while the rest of your party goes on the ride, then you just turned your rider switch pass into an adult plus 4. (2 fast passes & 3 from the rider switch) My wife & I have done it many times and with our family of 6, the kids get to all ride back to back through the fast pass line!
Princess Eilonwy
Is there an age restriction? My daughter is a tall 12 year old who just can't stomach some of the rides.
Diane - DIO
From the Disneyland website: Rider Switch This handy feature allows adult Guests to take turns waiting with youngsters or Guests unable to ride. What Is Rider Switch and How Does It Work? If Guests in your party can’t or don’t want to board an attraction, you don’t have to miss out! If a child does not meet the height requirement or a Guest does not wish to board a particular attraction, no problem! With Rider Switch, one adult can wait with the non-rider (or riders) while the rest of the party enjoys the attraction. When the other adult returns, they can supervise the non-riding Guests, and the waiting adult can board the attraction without having to wait in the regular line again! Rider Switch is available at select attractions at Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park. To Use Rider Switch: 1. First check with a Cast Member to see if Rider Switch is offered at the attraction in question. 2. Once at the attraction, approach the greeting Cast Member with your entire party. At least one adult member of your party and the Guests who are not riding will be given a Ride Switch Pass and asked to wait in a designated area (usually outside of the attraction). This group is “Party 2.” 3. The other party members (“Party 1”) ride the attraction. 4. After riding the attraction, Party 1 locates Party 2 and gives the Rider Switch Pass to the adult member who will be riding. Party 1 takes over supervision of the non-riding children or Guests. 5. Party 2 enters and boards the attraction without having to wait in the regular queue a second time. The Rider Switch Pass must be presented to a Cast Member at this time. If the person in Party 2 waited alone with the child, he or she may bring up to 2 other Guests back to ride the attraction with him or her. Please note that only 3 Guests are allowed per Rider Switch Pass. https://disneyland.disney.go.com/guest-services/rider-switch/
Princess Eilonwy
Thanks, got it!
Minniemom7
Side note!!! Most attractions don't require to see the non riding child, but Radiator Springs did when we went a few years ago.
Tron3000
Last time we were riding Goofy's flight school my son was a little charmer to the cast members. At the end of the ride my son said to me that he wanted to ride it again, and one of the cast members gave us a rider swap pass and winked at him. It was so great!
So I just want to confirm this because it sounds different on the disneyland website. If you have 3 adults that want to ride but the kids that are to small to ride. You can have one stay with the kids while the other two go and then when they get back the one who waited with the kids can go along with one of the other adult who already rode, that way the don't have to go on the ride alone? Is that how it works?
M&M=Love
yes, you are correct.
Great! thank you.
M&M=Love
welcome :-)

Login to Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login with Facebook to Reply
Follow us on: