• facebook
  • twitter
  • contact us

Stroller for older kids.

Forums > Vacation Planning > Stroller for older kids.

Andrea Dahms Foskett
Going first week of December. our kid's are 6 and 8. trying to decide if we should rent a stroller for the kids. any thoughts would be appreciated.
DisneyHolly
Would kids that age actually fit in a stroller and more to the point would they even want to? I know my kids would have been embarrassed, especially at 8, if I sat them in a stroller.
Briarrose
My son is 8 and he walks most of the day but by the end of the day he is actually begging us to rent a stroller because his feet hurt. I don't think there is anything wrong with having a stroller for older kids. I know my feet are always killing me after a full long day at Disney, I can only imagine how kids feet feel.
DisneyHolly
No of course there isn't anything wrong with it. If your child will sit In one that's great. I just know mine would never sit in a stroller at that age. And yes it would help those tired little feet!
Mamaof12
I've seen adults in the Disney rental strollers lol
DisneyHolly
Haha, that would be a sight!
NapaJane
If you were thinking of the Disney rental stroller, check weight limit. our son is tall, big kid, at 5 it was hard to push, we were maxing out on weight.
Andrea Dahms Foskett
we put both kidd on the scale and combined they weigh 105. We don't use strollers at home but I know by the end of the day they will be wanting someone to carry them or ask about a stroller.
Racetopia
Depends on the kids, but I would say yes. Tired cranky kids make the trip back to the hotel a nightmare
Jenni
I've been contemplating this myself because my son has a heart defect and tires easy. He will be 10 and I assume this would just be a no-no. I guess try without and you can always get one if needed.
Mickey Bound
Can rent wheel chair.
DisneyNana
You could try one stroller and let the kids take turns.
Andrea Dahms Foskett
I was also thinking about single stroller.
Andrea Dahms Foskett
Jenni, don't think twice about getting something for your son to ride in. less stressful and more fun for all of you.
Jenni
Thanks Andrea :)
Disney mom
I'm taking my daughter and my nephew this fall, and they will each be in a stroller, and each 7 years old. I guess I don't care what others think, vs. having a screaming kid walking back to the hotel.
Andrea Dahms Foskett
Disney mom, that is exactly what my husband and I were saying.
Tessa
Andrea, my children were 6 and 8 when we went their first time and we'd considered the stroller idea. I even asked here on DIO about it :-) But it turned out that they were so excited that they wanted to walk everywhere. We did take breaks, especially mid-day, so they wouldn't greet overwhelmed and made sure we kept them as cool as possible, since heat contributes to their tiredness. Whatever you decide to do, I can heartily agree that, as long as it makes your children comfortable, it's the right idea! Enjoy your trip!
Kabrina
if they allowed wagons for my twins and my older girl I would use them in a heart beat
Holly
We still have my 8 year old in a stroller but he's a little guy at only 38 lbs and gets tired easy. Much easier day if you don't have complaining kids all day..
Mamaof12
We have seen people with pushing wagons. They are canvas sided One guy was pulling his but I know that is not allowed
Disney go girl
I used strollers for my 5.5 and 7.5 yr old . lifesaver!!
Chipper314
We've kinda learned to not care what others think, they don't have to deal with a tired crabby kid at the end of the night, we do lol our daughter is 5 and rent a stroller every time. It saves her energy to keep going all night.
M&M=Love
bump

Login to Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login with Facebook to Reply
Follow us on: