• facebook
  • twitter
  • contact us

Lanyards?

Forums > Vacation Planning > Lanyards?

Allison
T minus 13 days to Disney! I've been looking into getting a lanyard for my husband and I but I'm not sure this is really a necessity. I've read that the lanyard pouches can fall off and get lost. Has anyone else had any good or bad experiences with them?
GoldenMel
I always wear a lanyard, filled with Disney pins. The only problem I had with a pouch is overfilling. It will burst at the seams.
NapaJane
I got the plastic pouch cought getting off a ride, CA screaming or big thunder, or one of those. Ripped off.
Allison
NapaJane, that's what I am worried about! Do you usually just keep your tickets etc. inside a backpack or a pocket?
Christy
I don't know if this help but instead of a laynard I carry a small sling backpack. I can flip it around to my front on rides and I keep all my stuff in a waterproof folder or baggie.
NapaJane
I carry a small crossbody purse these days, I don't pack in much snacks or water, just a couple packs of nuts and granola bars or applesauce packs for my little man. he likes the lanyards, I let him keep the fast pass reminders now and his autopia drivers license. lol
Phthomas10
My family's always used lanyards and we've never had issues - even with the kids. Especially with the new fastpass system - you can just scan your ticket through the lanyard.
Racetopia
I usually take the clear pouch off and use a string like lanyard and tie it to my belt and keep the pouch in my pocket. I keep our passes, my id and room key. I leave my wallet in the room.
Jasmine A.K.
We use some lanyards from amazon that are kind of a vinyl type material- much more durable but easy to wear and get your ticket in and out for fast passes! It's also bigger and can carry a little more since it's larger and has a zipper to seal it.
DisneyHolly
I have a lanyard with all my pins on it. You do have to be careful when getting on and off rides as it can get caught. I always hold mine up in the air when doing this.
Disneydreamer74
My kids have one and have all their pins on it, but it's kinda heavy if they wear heavy pins. Also, I always put the lanyard in my back pack when we get on crazier rides like S. Mountain.
Hollymom2
You could tuck the lanyard into your shirt if you're worried about it getting caught on something while you're getting off the ride.
Rae
The only problem I've had with lanyards is having one of my pins fall off. I lost my "I love Pirates" pin on our last trip. Never had a problem with the pouches.

Login to Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login with Facebook to Reply
Follow us on: