• facebook
  • twitter
  • contact us

Tropicana Hotel

Forums > Vacation Planning > Tropicana Hotel

Teresa
Ok so we are going to DL the week of Thanksgiving...so excited! We normally stay at Howard Johnson and love it there but we thought we would try the Tropicana due to their location. If you have stayed there, would you recommend it or another place close by??
Disneyisland
I am checking in there tomorrow and will post an update while there and after we check out. We usually stay at Fairfield but wanted to try Tropicana because it's closer to the entrance.
Teresa
Thanks Disneyisland! Have a great time!
Disneyisland
Checked in this morning and have some feedback. The rooms are clean and comfortable but a little outdated. You're definitely paying for location here. Took a nap today and the beds and pillows are comfortable. When checking in the staff was helpful, especially Valet guys. The coffee shop is way overpriced so I definitely suggest stopping at Target to pick up snacks.
Disneyisland
Tomorrow is our first day at the parks so can update throughout the trip if there is anything to add. I. response to the initial post of whether this hotel is recommended, I have to say that I have also stayed at Fairfield Inn a few hotels down on Harbour, and other than location I like Fairfield better. However neither offers free breakfast or parking. My opinion is based on room quality.
Disneyisland
just got back after staying 7 nights at Tropicana. we had a great experience there and would stay again. Really nice staff and the hotel is so close to the main entrance.
MB Disney Girl
This is our "go-to" hotel. We've stayed there 4 times. Disney island is right, the rooms can be outdated, but when we were there in March they were refurbishing the rooms. We ended up with a newly refurbished room (you can request it at check-in), and it was GREAT!!! You can't beat the convenience & location. Parking is probably my only complaint. It's difficult right now with the contractors & construction stuff taking up so much room.

Login to Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login with Facebook to Reply
Follow us on: