• facebook
  • twitter
  • contact us

plus size friendly

Forums > Vacation Planning > plus size friendly

Britta VanDehey
are the rides as I like to say "pooh size" friendly. planning my first trip to Disneyland and wanted to know if there are rides I should avoid to save myself some embarrassment. I carry my weight in my stomach so wasn't sure if lap bars and such, same for California adventure. thank you in advance.
Evil Queen
all of the rides are pretty size friendly, my husband is a rather big guy and he was able to ride everything but there were a couple that were less comfortable. any of the ones where the bar comes down on its own were tight but not at all undoable. you should be fine.
NapaJane
I'm a plus size gal, and I ride everything. But as EvilQueen mentioned, some may be less comfy. I avoid Goofy's Sky School, pretty cramped, but do it when alone with my son.
Britta VanDehey
thank you both so much!
Evil Queen
no problem I hope you have a wonderful time at the happiest place on earth!
Nat's DaD
Think the issue is more with height I am 6 ft 2 in and find many of the rides uncomfortable and have to sit kinda cramped and knees pressed up against whatever. Weight wise they are pretty accommodating it seems for those pooh size.
Britta VanDehey
thank you Kevin! I'm looking forward to it all no matter what. Just wanted to check my bases so I don't embarrass myself lol
Robert
fyi i am 6Ft and have visited weighing 372 when i was at my largest. I went on everything. Matterhorn will bruise your backside.
Britta VanDehey
awesome thank you Robert I've heard Matterhorn is just uncomfortable no matter how tall or big you are
Mickey Bound
It is really uncomfortable and if you have back issues my advice to you is skip it.
momof2mnm
I am 330lbs and the major part of it is my stomach and I got on everything I wanted to go on which was everything but space mountain, and the matterhorn at disneyland and the only thing I didn't try that I wanted to was screamin at dca. so here is my question has anyone in the pooh size ever go on screamin and splash mountain? my question also
Evil Queen
my husband is 300 and he went on both, he said screaming was a bit uncomfortable but not too bad and splash was no problem at all!
Mickey Bound
My husband was 5' 5" and 208 pounds he went on everything except the story book ride.
Britta VanDehey
I just asked about screamin for bigger people I'm 5'6 270 lbs weight in my tummy so I'm scared of bars not being able to secure from my stomach lol plus size ladies need some reassurance lol
Captphasma
My husband is 6'1" and around 270 and carries most of it in his belly and he goes on Screamin' several times per visit and hasn't really complained about comfort. The only rides he isn't comfortable on is Goofy's Sky School because of lack of leg room and Matterhorn because of the bumps. The cm's will tell you the Matterhorn tracks aren't much different on either side but I've found the left to be a smoother ride imo.
Britta VanDehey
awesome thank you so much
Sunbug4
I was curious as well. especially about Space Mountain. last time I was there it was broken so we did not make it. I rode the Matterhorn and it was certainly a pain to get into. is Space Mountain easier? I am certainly big. 5'8 350lb. I had no problems on any of the other rides..
'Ello Poppet
My ex boyfriend is 6'2 around 300lbs and he was ok on space mountain . He was nervous trying screaming so we didn't do screaming . We didn't do splash mountain either but I thought he would be ok on it
7 Disney Nuts
I'm 6'3 somewhere way north of 300 lb and I can go on all rides at the resort. CS is tight and they have to jump on the bar, but I get in. Space Mountain is tight because of my hight and long legs, but I get in and love the rides.
Evil Queen
the only thing I found to not be pooh sized friendly in the parks were the clothes stores. it was almost impossible to find any shirts bigger than a 2X
7 Disney Nuts
Yes except for the emporium, it has a few bigger cloths
Evil Queen
yeah that's where I got my husbands shirt but the selection wasn't great
Disney Family
My husband is 6'4", 300lbs and has gone on everything. The issue is more or less the lack of leg room. He just rides by himself so his legs aren't as squished. Enjoy your trip!
Disney Family
And I second Evil Queen on the clothing!
Andrea Dahms Foskett
My husband is 6ft and about 375. was able to do everything. we even did the storybook. matterhorn was uncomfortable. but could do them all.
sunbug4 I am 5'7" and weigh 300, Space Mountain is no problem either and neither are any other ride, I have rode every ride at DL and DCA with no problems.
Cass
Britta I am around your same height and weight. I carry most in my stomach and chest. We went last October and I didn't have any problems at all. I was a little worried about fitting in the rides before our trip because I have had problems at other amusement parks- but never at Disney. Enjoy your trip!
Shyleestar*
Britta, I was about the same height and weight you are in October and I was so scared to try Screamin, but I did and I fit just fine. In fact the bars actually clicked quite a few times so someone who is larger than us could fit as well! I think if you like roller coasters you must try Screamin! It was a blast!
Coconutgal85
I am a big girl, my husband is a big guy. We had no problems riding the rides together. I rode Matterhorn and was fine. I didn't try the goofys Sky school, because of all the comments. The one that actually hurt my back was Alice in wonderland! Really jerky and the seat was quite tight with just me and my 10 year old(at the time!)
Britta VanDehey
thank you guys so much I'm glad I can go and not worry and just go on all the rides!
Evil Queen
you will have a wonderful time!
grandmadizny
Britta - I love that you refer to your size as "pooh size"! I am pooh size but shorter. I haven't found a problem getting on any rides. Getting out of some is where I need a helping hand.
Disneymommy559
following :)
Disneymommy559
I'm so glad to find this article. it makes my worries fade because all I want is to have an awesome time with my Lil boy especially its his 1st trip to DLR &DCA thank you :)
Danielle Parker
Goofy's fly school is the tightest of them all I find. Getting out is the hard part. California Screamin doesn't have a lap bar so it's no problem. The only one that kind be kind of embarrassing is Storybroke boats. They'll move people around to even the weight out. People normally don't think anything of it but when they do that because of you, you spend the whole ride worried about what people are thinking of you. At least I did.
7 Disney Nuts
I totally forgot about Goofy's sky school, I won't ride it because it's way to tight for me. plus it's the most frightening ride at the resort.
E's Mom
This ride is not extremely popular but I noticed Gadget's Go Coaster in Toontown has very, very small cars. Squishy for adults. Prob meant as a first-time coaster for youngsters.
Crystal
splash mountain has the pooh Suze set in the back of the log.
Cassi
my fiance and I are planning on having our honeymoon at disneyland, and he is a very large man, weighing around 500lbs and is 6'4" does anyone know if there are any rides he won't be able to go on?? I know comfort will be an issue.
Rae
Goofy Sky School
Danielle Parker
Cassi I'd worry that because of his height and weight that how far out his knees come out when he sits might make it so her doesn't fit. Like space mountain. It's a narrow seat with just a lap bar. But I've seen people not fit because of how far their legs go out. It really depends how he is built and where he carries his weight. He shouldn't have an issue on things like pirates or splash mountain or California screamin, possibly tot. ??
Cassi
That was my worry as well. I know he won't be able to ride any of the ride where the bar comes down over your head, but we do have some concerns about the rides where the bar goes across your lap, he is afraid it won't lock.
PirateQueenRaval
Splash mountain may not have a lap bar but the seating is still kind of tight for bigger people. The back of the boat has more space I think. Pirates is an open boat which might be OK.
NapaJane
I am here now and I agree with leg room problems this time. My husband and I are not super tall, but were totally squished in the teacups.
jays.mom
https://youtu.be/zLFkn3yd7q4 just saw this on YouTube it might help
7 Disney Nuts
good video, 1 point I think they miss, tall fat people as you curl your legs up it pushes up the fat, making lap bars harder to click into place. The seatbelt trick is a very good one for rides, airplanes, and small cars as well.
Disney Jenn - DIO
I'm going to move this on over to vacation planning
Cass
Bump
Cass
Bumping again for someone.

Login to Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login with Facebook to Reply
Follow us on: