• facebook
  • twitter
  • contact us

Weather questions

Forums > Vacation Planning > Weather questions

Disney Jenn - DIO
Instead of answering the same weather questions in a million threads I thought we could go month by month and give examples of what Anaheim weather normally is that month and what types of clothing guests might want to pack. Lets start with January.

What is typical weather like in January in the parks during the day?

During the evening?

What type of clothing should guests pack in January?

Is rain typical?

And remember, if your trip is within 10 days, check weather apps like www.weather.com for the most up to date information (which is what most of us would be doing if you ask us "what will the weather be like next week?")
Disney Jenn - DIO
Anaheim weather http://www.weather.com/weather/today/l/USCA0027:1:US
Disney Jenn - DIO
January in Anaheim Average high: 64 degrees F Average low: 46 degrees F Clothing: long pants, layers, jackets Average 20% chance of rain
Disney Jenn - DIO
February in Anaheim Average high: 65*F Average low: 46*F Average chance of rain: 26%
Disney Jenn - DIO
March in Anaheim Average high: 66*F Average low: 48*F Average chance of rain: 15%
Disney Jenn - DIO
April in Anaheim Average high: 70*F Average low: 50*F Average chance of rain: 11%
Disney Jenn - DIO
May in Anaheim Average high: 72*F Average low: 54*F Average chance of rain: 6%
Disney Jenn - DIO
June in Anaheim Average high: 75*F Average low: 55*F Average chance of rain: 2%
Disney Jenn - DIO
July in Anaheim Average high: 81*F Average low: 61*F Average chance of rain: 2%
Disney Jenn - DIO
August in Anaheim Average high: 82*F Average low: 61*F Average chance of rain: 1%
Disney Jenn - DIO
September in Anaheim Average high: 81*F Average low: 57*F Average chance of rain: 3%
Disney Jenn - DIO
October in Anaheim Average high: 75*F Average low: 54*F Average chance of rain: 10%
Disney Jenn - DIO
November in Anaheim Average high: 73*F Average low: 50*F Average chance of rain: 13%
Disney Jenn - DIO
December in Anaheim Average high: 66*F Average low: 46*F Average chance of rain: 22%
Disney Jenn - DIO
PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THESE ARE AVERAGES AND CALIFORNIA WEATHER HAS BEEN UNPREDICTABLE LATELY. Please double check with a weather app starting 10 days before your trip.
Fatima N
I wish these applied this year! El Niño everyone!
Disney Jenn - DIO
I know, our weather this year has been super crazy! But like I said, these are averages and for the most part they hold true. There was a huge October heatwave but I think the November temps have been fairly normal.
Fatima N
San Diego was 90degrees today and tomorrow it's 60! It's so bipolar.
Disney Jenn - DIO
Has Anaheim been that hot too? When I looked it up yesterday in was 70 something. Crazy
Fatima N
I dunno. I live in SD and the weather is so unpredictable.
Disney Jenn - DIO
Yes that is why it's best to check a weather app for most current weather info and not rely solely on what the norm is
Whoever
Someone asked about thermals. I was comfortable in regular clothes during the day. But, night gets rather cool if you aren't used to it, especially if you are sitting still for WOC or another show. I did put thermals on under my clothes to watch back-to-back shows of WOC, and was glad for the extra warmth. That was 11/30/15.
Whoever
Note that I had a short-sleeved t-shirt and only a lightweight jacket on to start with. If you have a warmer jacket or a warmer shirt to start with, you likely won't need the thermals. A blanket is another option.
Are the water rides closed during colder months?
R2d2
No
Mallory
So i have been looking at the extended forecast for the week of march 7 and it says about 25% chance for rain all the days we are there. And cloudy. Is that a high chance for rain in cali? If it says 25% here in AZ we either get poured on or dont get a drop. Any response would be great!!! P.S i do understand the extended forecast changes pretty often so i keep on checking it :)
Danielle Parker
It looks like it'll rain Thursday night, then Friday morning then done until Saturday afternoon. Same on Sunday. I'd try and see the Friday night fireworks if rain is a possibility Saturday and Sunday night. I'll be there also! We're packing our panchos and just gonna make the best of it and enjoy unique photo opportunities.
E's Mom
Was there on Thurs 4/7 and had cloudy/drizzly/light rain all day. Still cloudy at night but the fireworks were were ON! No Paint The Night parade though.
Bec
Need advice, flexible with travel schedule. November or March for best weather. Any ideas? Alice55
Disney Jenn - DIO
March will be a bit warmer but there is a slight chance of rain. November is nice weather, jeans and a tee shirt with a sweatshirt at night plus you get the holiday decor.
I?Disney
Nov for the reasons Disney Jenn mentioned and you won't have to worry about spring break dates.
SallyluvsJack
Anyone know what the weather is like @ Disneyland??? Packing for next week's trip and don't know if a light sweater or like sweatshirt would be more appropriate. We will be @ Disneyland until midnight for the Halloween Party.
Pixie dust
We left 95 degrees weather two days ago but most of the week was mid 80s
SallyluvsJack
Great. Thanks!
Diz-Fan 6
Heat advisory. 105 expected on Tuesday ??
Joanne Thorne Lock
Going in a week any idea of the weather now?
disneybound
My weather app is showing high 80s into the 99s with nights in the mid 50s-60. Holy moly!
Berta1214
Don't believe the 50-60's at night. Maybe in the 60's at like 3-4am. I don't know about you but I'm fast asleep. It'll be hot. Ride, drink, repeat!! Have Fun!!
Jotika Deinstadt
We will be there in 4 days and I'm looking at the temperatures for next week just wondering is there a breeze when it might be 86° during the day and at night will a light jacket be needed? We're from up north and trying to make sure I pack the right stuff
Berta1214
We just got back Tuesday. We didn't need a coat, even at night. Maybe a light long sleeve shirt because the a/c rides are pretty cold.
Princess22
I know above gives us an idea of weather but that was from 2015. Checking if end of Oct is still in the mid to low 70's?

Login to Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login with Facebook to Reply
Follow us on: