• facebook
  • twitter
  • contact us

1st WDW Trip

Forums > Parks > 1st WDW Trip

Pirate
we are going next jan. trying to save up now. we know nothing. where to stay. what's the weather in Jan. are there a lot closed for return. Help
GoldenMel
I bumped a thread regarding a first time trip. Since you have a year to plan, I highly recommend getting a book like the "Birnbaum's Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World." WDW is not like Disneyland; it encompasses the same square miles as San Francisco and contains 4 dry parks, 2 water parks, dozens of resorts for all budgets plus a huge shopping district.
Sumi
I’ve been to WDW six times but only once in early January . Weather was great the first and last day but the four days in between were really cold- like high 40’s to low 50’s. Just bad luck but still had a great time! If I were you I would definitely stay at Disney property. Disney provides free transportation to and from the airport. Also free transportation from your resort to the various parks. Staying at a Disney resort is well worth the money especially if it’s your first time. We always buy hopper tickets- a lot of people think it’s a waste of money but we visit one park in the morning then another in the afternoon. The only negative of staying at Disney property is that if you need something like water and snacks it will cost a lot at a resort- take Uber to a market. Also do your homework- plan ahead(fast passes, dining reservations) and pace yourself WDW can be overwhelming! Have a great trip!

Login to Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login with Facebook to Reply
Follow us on: