• facebook
  • twitter
  • contact us

First Time Ever

Forums > Parks > First Time Ever

Danni
I am planning a trip in October. I am a 57 year female and will be going by myself ( I do DL alone all the time). No desire to see animal kingdom and want to go to universal. 8 night stay. Can I get some advice on parks and hotels(doesn't have to be Disney). Thanks. ??
heffurtink
Following. We too are going for the first time and looking for any and all info to help us have a magical time. I would recommend contacting Magical Partner Travel who runs this app. Their services are free to you and will book your vacation. They are very knowledgeable.
7 Disney Nuts
any of the on property hotels are great and I strangle suggest depending on budget, the nicer the hotel. beyond that go get birnbaum disney world and the unofficial guide to Walt Disney world books. WDW is so big you won't get even 1% of info on this app reading the books will give you the info you will need. Finally don't expect to see it all, just plan on more trips.
Disneybaby
If you can afford one of the monorail hotels, love the Polynesian, but any on property hotel makes Disneyworld extra special
Dawn Olson
We are going in October for our first time too and booked thru Costco. We are staying at the Swan! You get the Magic hours and also 60 days in advance for fast passes.
Sumi
I've been to WDW five times in the last four years and it's an awesome experience! I'm a DVC member so I stayed at Old Key West resort. Nice resort-relaxing and quiet and very close to Disney Springs by boat. First thing you'll find about WDW is that it's huge! Their bus transportation is very efficient. From the Magical Express from the airport to buses that take you from resort to park. Our first trip we bought hopper tickets and went to one park in the morning to another in the afternoon. It was crazy hectic for us to try to experience all the parks. Be prepared as you can't see it all because there's so much to see. Make sure you plan time just to kick back because you can run yourself ragged! Hang out by the pool or enjoy your resort. One really important thing is that you'll need to get a market. The resorts have a general store for snacks and drinks but you know Disney they charge an arm and leg! I believe some markets deliver but you'll need to do some research. Make sure you do your homework so you can maximize your first trip. Staying on property is best. You'll get your Magic band which makes things really easy. It will serve as your room key, park entrance, photo pass, and any purchases you make. Use My Disney Experience so you can sync up dining reservations and set up fast passes. I think you can make dining reservations 6 months in advance. Highly recommend making them as soon as possible because the popular places fill up fast. Have a great trip! Anymore questions let me know
Danni
Any ideas about the weather?

Login to Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login with Facebook to Reply
Follow us on: