• facebook
  • twitter
  • contact us

Art of Animation Review

Forums > Hotels & Resorts of WDW > Art of Animation Review

Goofy-dad
My family and I just returned from an 8 day trip to Walt Disney World. While there we stayed at Disney's Art of Animation resort. This was our first trip to Disney World and I wanted an over the top Disney themed hotel for my daughter. This hotel was everything she could've asked for. From the giant Disney and Pixar figures decorating the grounds to the animation art work in the lobby this resort is perfect for kids and those who are kids at heart. We stayed in the Finding Nemo family suite. There are three different family suites Finding Nemo, Lion King and Cars. There is also the standard room with a Little Mermaid theme. We loved our room it was spacious with a separate bedroom with its own bathroom. The dining area has a table with four chairs all decorated in the Finding Nemo theme. I can say we never used the table except for my daughter to sleep on. That's right above the table is a hideaway bed. She wanted that pulled down right away and it didn't get put up until the day we left. When you pull the bed down there is a beautiful Finding Nemo mural on the wall that is lit. The living area has the couch which can become a bed. We never used it so I can't say how comfortable it would be. The room has a flat screen television ( for those of you who will spend time watching t.v. while at Disney World ). The bathrooms were standard bathrooms though they did have a really cool shower curtain in the main bathroom. It had the Sharks from the movie and was so cool I wanted to take it home. We were on the Disney dining plan so only ate a couple times at the resort. The food court is called Landscape of Flavors. It is your typical mall type food court but for Disney quick service it was ok. We had a down day and spent it in the pool. This pool is huge and so kid friendly. It has a kids splash area lots of life guards everywhere ( though I believe the pool was just over four feet at the deepest point). There are cast members keeping the kids busy with activities, it was a great way to spend a day. We loved this hotel but there were a couple of down sides. First it was far away from the parks. We had to take a bus everyday and it is a fifteen to twenty minute bus ride to the Magic Kingdom. There are not any nice places to sit down and have a meal. Landscape of Flavors is nice for what it is but when you want a nice sit down meal it just doesn't cut it. The hotel is geared toward families and is a value resort so it can be loud. If you're looking for a nice quiet hotel this isn't it. Once again overall we did love this hotel. I will say we did visit the Contemporary and the Polynesian for breakfast and we decided we would stay at a Monorail hotel our next visit. But if you love Disney animation and don't mind the bus ride I say stay at the Art of Animation my family left happy.
M&M=Love
Great review, so helpful for those planning a magical vacation. Glad to hear your trip was great.
disnetwork
my family is looking to stay there. This review helped a lot! thank you!
Goofy-dad
Glad it was helpful. Hope you have a great stay disnetwork.
disnetwork
thanks! we will

Login to Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login with Facebook to Reply
Follow us on: