• facebook
  • twitter
  • contact us

where should I stay?

Forums > Hotels & Resorts of WDW > where should I stay?

disnetwork
hello everyone! I am going to wdw in 2017 and was wondering what hotel I should stay at and why. Any advice?
heffurtink
We are also going for the first time in 2017. We have chosen Port Orleans. It is a moderate hotel. Go to portorleans.org for an unofficial guide. Sleeps up to 5, quieter area, close to Disney Springs and you can take a boat ride over, beautiful grounds, decent price, fun pool. The French Quarter is smaller than its sister hotel the Riverside but you can use the amenities at both.
disnetwork
ok! thanks for the ideas
GoldenMel
Stay at the best your budget allows. The hotels at Animal Kingdom are unique with the animals outside your windows. Even if you can't stay at your first choice, you can still go to any hotel and enjoy its restaurants and attractions.
Leanne
we had 6 of us so we found a vacation rental that was close to Disney. we rented a van and it took us about 15 min to get into the parks. my sister also had a conference at the same time and it was about 15 min away from our rental as well.
Patrick Devlin
Art of Animation hands down
disnetwork
Ya I've been doing some research and I'm pretty sure my family is going to stay at art of animation!
Patrick Devlin
We loved AoA!!! We have stayed in MANY resorts in property and find this one to be the best themed most comfortable resort! You will not regret it
disnetwork
ok! sounds good!
heffurtink
How crowded does the AOA get? I have read that the walls are pretty thin and that has turned us off. We will be there in late Sept of 2017 hoping for fewer crowds. Would love feedback on this hotel. We have been thinking of Port Orleans French Quarter. Any reviews on that??
Mike - MPT Owner
Port Orleans is a great place as well. It is generally ranked as one of the higher values as a resort. AoA is getting a lot of love right now both because it is the newest and it also has met, dare I say exceeded, expectations.
William Perry
I hope AOA is as good as I keep hearing. I have 8 days booked in May.
Disneybaby
Loved the French Quarter. Was smaller, the quick service restaurant is better than some but the river view of of our room was AWESOME. Polynesian pretty wonderful
Brandi Lee
How are the beds at AoA? Comfy or Motel 6 level?
Dawn Olson
Has anyone stayed at The Swan? Did you like it? It looks really nice! We booked it for our trip in October!
Mike - MPT Owner
The Swan is a beautiful hotel. It's not a Disney hotel and reviews are pretty mixed on service. It is known to have thin walls, but it does share the water taxi service to Epcot and Hollywood Studios.
Goofy-dad
Beds were reasonably comfortable at AOA Brandi.
JollyDay
Port Orleans Riverside is our home away from home. We've thought of trying other resorts but we have our routine down - know where the bus stops are, etc. one reason we love it is cause we've found it to be centrally located to the parks. Sometimes if you choose one resort, it can be close to one park and farther from the others.
MLHuerta23
Port Orleans Riverside is so beautiful!!
Alana
I've stayed at AOA, ASMV, POFQ, POR, AKL, CBR and WL. My favourite is POFQ followed closely by AOA. But really all the WDW on property resorts are amazing so you can't go wrong!
Dawn Olson
We usually stay at the swan. My mom loves it there.
Sharon
Planning our first trip to WDW and we are so excited! There will be 9 of us and 3 will be children. Looking for a fun place where we won't have to get a lot of rooms. Any ideas?
Linda
Wilderness Lodge efficiency rooms

Login to Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login with Facebook to Reply
Follow us on: