• facebook
  • twitter
  • contact us

Favorite Monorail Resort?

Forums > Hotels & Resorts of WDW > Favorite Monorail Resort?

Bryant "MegaDisney" - DIO/MPT
Which of the 3 Monorail Resorts is your Favorite? Contemporary, Grand Floridian or the Polynesian Village? I love the Contemporary. The Mary Blair murals & retro modern feel is so cool!
Christina MPT
Contemporary just for Chef Mickey's!!!
Mike - MPT Owner
All my life, the Contemporary was one of my dream hotels. Last year, we got a chance to stay there. I was sorely disappointed with our room. There is nothing in the rooms that is distinctly Disney other than the Disney channel. The Wave... is a good restaurant, and Chef Mickey's is delightful, but I found that the Contempo Cafe was lacking - especially in the theming.

The Grand Floridian has an absolutely tremendous. The non-DVC rooms are a little stale, but the DVC rooms are absolutely beautiful. Many of the restaurants here are well known, though a couple (Citricos and Narcoose's) are a little overrated. 1900 Park Fare is one of my two favorite character meals and Victoria & Albert's has been rated as one of the best restaurants in the world.

However, my vote goes to the Polynesian. I love the Tiki theming of the resort, it has my other favorite character meals at 'Ohana with Lilo & Stitch. It also has the Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show and some great quick service restaurants. I love the view from the beach and the new DVC bungalows make me *squee*. I also like that the vibe is very laid back. Contemporary feels hurried and Grand Floridian feels stuffy. I know that the Poly is not for everyone, but someday I will get to stay here. :)
Lvdsny
My vote is the Poly! It's been tough with construction going on this past year, but excited about the updates.
Tiff Prendergast
Gf
Exodus
Just got back from the Polynesian; have done all 3. This is easily the best of the 3.
Exodus
Incidentally; we are going to be staying at the Grand Floridian in November...the Christmas atmosphere there is really amazing. Probably wouldn't feel quite as stuffy for you Mike in that setting, but I do understand what you mean. We were expecting more for what is considered their flagship.
Disneybaby
La la loved the Poly. GF so beautiful but seems to get the worst transportation

Login to Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login with Facebook to Reply
Follow us on: