• facebook
  • twitter
  • contact us

Rainforest cafe

Forums > Downtown Disney > Rainforest cafe

Brittnir
Will be at disneyland this weekend for my birthday and my parents wanted to take me to rainforest cafe for dinner that night but I've heard the food isn't really worth the money what's your opinions on it?
Shelley
We have never had a problem with the food or the service. We have had our reservations since March &are looking forward to dinner there in 2wks
Brittnir
Ok thanks! How's the price?
Disneylover08
I feel like the rainforest cafe in SF is a lot better although the food was good
Bryant "MegaDisney" - DIO/MPT
IMHO it is noisy, overpriced and the food is mediocre.
Brittnir
I'm going to sound dumb but what does IMHO mean? Lol yeah that's what I heard.. I was planning on leaving the park for dinner and going to the Cheesecake Factory because I love it and I know it's good and know the prices because we go often but they wanted to try rainforest cafe but I heard it was loud, the food wasn't good and it was expensive.
Loretta
in my honest opinion
Thanks Loretta!
I consider it my HUMBLE opinion. LOL
JenJen
I'm not a fan of the rainforest cafe. The food isn't good. It's super loud. Last time I was there, we waited 20 minutes for a table after we were told we would be seated shortly. We said something after waiting. Waited more. And finally we just left. There are other restaurants in DTD that are way better.
DisneyKyle
It's alright but sometimes really crowded I would recommend espn zone their food is great and they have lots of sports and an arcade
Disneylover08
When I went i told them my name and they got it wrong so I told them and they fixed it said they would get us the next table that was a lie they just made us wait longer because I changed my name I hear that espn zone is good and Ralph's something is good
I LOVE ESPN Zone. Food is really good. I am not even a sports fan. It is also kinda noisy.
Brittnir
Oh ok lol thanks Bryant and Loretta!
O.C. MOUSE 22
jazz kitchen is a lot better and so is the service.
Acceso
There are a lot better restaurants in DTD. I enjoy Rainforest Cafe though. Having a 1 year old, having so much going on keeps him entertained through the whole dinner.
Johnny
The food is definitely not worth the money use any other resturant there.
Hollands88
We ate there several years ago and won't go back food wasn't that good service was so-so snd pricey
Kelli Adams-Erven
Tortilla joes is amazing!
Victor Entes
i love the experience inside of the rainforest cafe... foods always good when ive dined there whether at disney or around home
Aurora
Go to Brennan's Jazz Kitchen!
Tracey Carl Janzen
I love the rainforest cafe. Our family has been to a few and have always had good food and service. We have never been when it is overly busy, we usually try to eat at not the normal hours on holidays to avoid crowded restaurants.
'Ello Poppet
The food isn't really good at all! And somewhat expensive!
Annie McNally
The rainforest cafe in downtown disney was awful but the one in Orlando wasn't only the Anaheim one
Aurora13
I have eaten there 2 times, once last weekend for my birthday. The food was nothing special at all, and the service was horrible! We waited an hour after we already had reservations for months and then they stuck us in the back of the restaurant where they bring out the food. It was very loud and my kids didn't get to see anything special inside the restaurant besides some trees. And when we asked if we could move to another table that was clearly empty and not by the entrance of the kitchen, they said no! Our bill was $150 dollars for 4 people and it certainly was not worth it!! We will never go there again. But, I would recommend the blue bayou! The service is superb and the food and the atmosphere is amazing!! Hope this helped! :-)
Brittnir
Thanks everyone for all the help and opinions(: @Aurora13 happy late birthday I'm sorry the experience at the rainforest cafe wasn't good that's why I've been hesitant to try it I've heard those things quite a few times we were going to eat there one time but the wait was like 2 hours long lol and from what I've heard it's not worth it. Thanks for the input!
Jodi Warner
The food is really not worth the money. I suggest ESPN zone or Naples :)
Jeff00697
the food is over priced, but the restaurant itself is cool and to me is always a good experience
Calidawn
If you get over to DTD in Orlando they have a different version of this restaurant, called T-Rex. Obviously w a dinosaur theme and is so awesome!
Michelle
I like the rainforest cafe. I really enjoy their version of the Chinese chicken salad. It's big enough to split with someone else. The rainforest is a nice little plus too.
Tooey
I will not return to the one at Disneyland. It was average food for a lot of money and so crowded it wasn't worth it. The other ones I have been to were much better. It also was not just one time. I have been on three separate occasions years apart and they are consistently average to poor.
Tooey
Go to tortilla Joes,Catal or Jazz Kitchen.
'Ello Poppet
I agree with Tooey!
Tooey
Thanks Hello Puppet. There is also many places that are great depending on your culinary desires. I love 55 at the Disneyland hotel. The deserts are beyond phenomenal and the steaks are prime.
Karen Coggan
Loved Rainforest Cafe but very loud. Ok if you don't want to talk.
Rapunzel Rider
I love Rainforest Cafe. we never had any problems. I will say it is very noisy.:)
Disney Geek
Never been a fan of rain forest café we have one in Tempe Arizona and it's food isn't any better than the one in downtown Disney way overpriced for the food
Disney Geek
Never been a fan we have one here in Arizona and the food is just not that good there so many better options in downtown Disney especially for the price
Disney Geek
Sorry about the posts looking so close and being right after each other I think my phone has brain damage I dropped it the other day:-/
annie (:
I've actually never been to Rainforest Cafe, but I do want to try it.
pantastic
Tortilla howd is 100 times better, we are coming this Friday for give days and have two reservations there: balloon man, tableside guac., great service, etc.
Disney Geek
It is worth trying once but not worth the price after that and Bryant is right very noisy
Melissa Rowbotham
It's fun. We always take the kids because we do t have anything really like it where we live. But the food mediocre.
pantastic
We just are there last night, and I am super picky...we we're pleasantly surprised! I had the China chicken salad and my hubby had the fajitas and we both loved! We walked up, party of 5, hour wait on a Sat. Night. Kids had cheese pizza, ribs and sliders, they all loved. Service was slow, but the rest. Was packed.
Tink
We just had dinner there a week ago, with our 2 year old. My little guy loved the atmosphere! However, the wait was long, service on the slow side, and food was mediocre at best. I didn't even finish my sandwich, the chicken was overcooked. Also a bit pricey for what you get. I personally would not go back.
MLHuerta23
We were there last week and have been there several times before that. I have to say during our last trip was the best service and food we have had there. I'm thinking that they must have stepped it up a little. I always recommend eating there!!
Diz-Fan 6
We loved it. I had Salmon and it was wonderful. The kids had kid meals and they enjoyed them. Was a fun environment and our waiter was amazing. I would go again for sure
Michelle
We ate at rainforest last week and while paying asked our waiter if AP holders get a discount. He said yes, but only before 4pm. It was a nice little surprise discount!
Disneyfan92
My family and I always go to Rainforest when we go to DL (roughly every 4 years) and we've never had a problem. we've actually had our reservations for when we go at the start of July since April! we always enjoy the food, love the atmosphere even though its always busy when we go and its just a fun experience!
cdulm1
Our family always goes here. It is busy and loud but always fun.
Xianan
We were there this afternoon and had a wonderful time. service and food was great
Stephanie
mimi's cafe is fun but it's off Disney property. I've only eaten in dtd at house of Blues and that wasn't worth it so I imagine it's not too different.
Minnie
In the past we have ALWAYS gone to eat at Rainforest Cafe. On our last trip the wait was going to be quite long so by default we ate at ESPN Zone. ESPN Zone is my new favorite by far!!!
Minnie
.....price was about the same as Rainforest Cafe!
Carly
I'd personally go to The Cheese Cake Factory. Or if you want to stay on property at Downtown Disney there is a great Mexican restaurant there "Tortilla Joes" which has a fun atmosphere.
Shannon
Go to trader Sams if your at least 21. RFC is loud expensive bad food and poor service. Espn zone is okay but Trader Sams is the best
Askpiper
trader same allows kids before 9pm. I'll agree the food there is better, but if you have young kids with you the show at RFC is more exciting for them.
Go Beavs
Went there twice. Overpriced food that is not very good. Won't go back there again except maybe to look at the gift shop if the kids want to
Michele
breakfast is better than dinner. but its definitely a must do if you never have been to one.
Maggie
I love it Rainforest, but... this one... is mediocre! We make a reservation 2 hours before. When we was there... they said.... You don't have any reservation!!! After this, we wait a long time... then, I order a sandwiches of Chicken, it come row... I tell the guy, he bring me a new sandwiches... was late, my family finish to eat... I bring my sandwiches to home... Sorry, my English is not the best! happy new year!
Patricey
Even with all the above reviews, we are planning to eat at Rainforest Cafe tonight! Our family goes to Disneyland every January and eating there is our tradition. We love looking around the shop while we wait for a table. We have always had great luck with the food and service aervice
Patricey
Here right now....10 minute wait became about a 1 min. wait. Food, Coronaritas, service ALL great for 6 of us. Will be back again next year! :-)
CorgiBootie
What time does it open?
EverythingDisney
I loooove the RainForest Cafe! Luckily there's one closer to me in San Francisco for the time I can't be in DownTown Disney. It's always so fun to be there.
Nadine
We tried to eat there Saturday and the wait was 2 hours 15 minutes.
Jennifer
Holy moly that's a long wait!
Giggle Gal
Nadine, that wasn't with a reservation, was it? That would be nuts! We made a reservation our last trip in June and even got in early. We LOVED it.
Jennifer
I like the rainforest cafe too because it's so different from a regular restaurant, my son always enjoys it and the food; although not fabulous, is good.
Nadine
GoofyFan - correct. We just walked up to see what the standby time would be. Reservations is the way to go. I live locally so we were just hanging out at CDA and we wanted to eat in DTD. We ended up at Goofy's Kitchen.
Disneygirl30
this restaurant was so cool inside. the drinks so yummy! the food was ok
Disneygirl30
this restaurant was so cool inside. the drinks so yummy! the food was ok
AnonymousPerson
It's not worth it! The best choice is to go to ESPN Zone or Tortilla Joes
DeAnn
We've never had a prob it's neat to go to first time and the gift section occupies the kids got a long time
My family and I just ate at this restaurant for a birthday dinner. The service was great, but not only was the food completely overpriced, but I have had way better hamburgers at Jack in the Box
Susan
You are paying for the atmosphere. My daughter loves it. We go on our first night arrival.
Veronica King- Ludwig
Is Downtown Disney in Disneyland or cam you get to It on the outside?
Susan
It is not in Disneyland, anyone can go.
Veronica King- Ludwig
Thanks
Hollands88
I am not a fan of rainforest either. too loud and expensive
Princess jc
agree with bryant
DesertDisney
It's not bad for breakfast.
Dianarenee
The food is excellent, it's usually pretty packed so if you have a bigger party I'd suggest going a little early, it's well worth it!
Disney77
its great if you have little one with you but if its an older crowd going i would recommend the house of Blues or in the park the blue bayou
PirateQueenRaval
It is expensive because it's in the Disney area but it has a fun atmosphere and rainforest shower displays for kids (I still think its cute too lol). I don't know much about dinner but they are perfect for breakfast I think. I have had positive experiences every time I have been to Rainforest.
DesertDisney
If you have a Landry ' s Restaurant card, you get points that are equivalent to a 10% discount. It's good at other restaurants, such as Bubba Gump ' s and Claim Jumper. You get a $25 credit for joining and $25 in your birthday month.
D1sn3yl0v3
the chicken fried chicken or whatever it is and the garlic mashed potatoes is worth it.
Askpiper
the Landry club card also gets you preferred seating most hours of the day. we skipped a 45 minute wait just by having their club card, it was awesome.
Cm428
how much is a typical meal for two at rainforest? I have a chance to change in some rewards points at my job towards a rainforest cafe giftcard, but I don't want to get a card that either will leave me with an overage or will not comfortably cover a nice meal for two
DesertDisney
Entrees vary. I would say anywhere from $15 to $30 per person. It also depends on your choice of beverages and dessert. So my "typical" is probably not yours. They do have a menu online.
Michele
we always go for breakfast and it is good. not a big fan of dinner though
DesertDisney
I agree. Breakfast is the best meal there.
Jan
Although I do enjoy the Rainforest Cafe, I like Ralph Brennan's better. Portions are bigger and it not as noisy.
Jan
They serve breakfast at the Rainforest??? I never knew that!
DesertDisney
Rainforest opens at 8 am for breakfast. Yummy eggs benedict.
Catski73
Try Ralph Brennan Jazz Kitchen, Catal or UVA in DTD; if you've never been to RFC, make a reservation and just go for desserts & coffee. You'll be able to soak up the atmosphere, while having a shorter "meal" which means getting away from the noise and having a great dessert (the best tasting part of the menu is desert !) Try to get a table near the Gorilla - he's the best "animal" in the restaurant!
THE3LINGS
Been there 4 to 5 times and food has always been cold??
CinderFellaDisney
They really should replace this with that Dinosaur resturaunt from Disney Spring in WDW
Dawn Olson
We like the Rainforest Cafe too!! Fun atmosphere!
Phil Lance
To get preferred seating, get a "landreys" card. That is the company that owns rfc and claim jumper as well as several other dining places. It costs, but you get it back and you build up points for $ off.
Whoever
I have been to the Rainforest Cafe in Phoenix, but not DD. I find it to be a fun place to go for the atmosphere, but the food tends to be expensive and so-so. I might try going just for dessert, or something like that.
Fatima N
I think the food is good. We got the steak and shrimp. It's not bad. And it's Disneyland so I expect to spend. I always make reservations and I get seated right away. I like it.
Winnie Torres
I have to agree that it's very loud and very expensive for such average tasting food we were very disappointed. I have been to the one in Vegas twice and it's phenomenal but this one just isn't the same. It seems like every seat is a good seat in Las Vegas but the one in downtown Disney is just laid out strange. I wouldn't go back to that one.
Dis Nerdy
My family really enjoys it there because we go for the atmosphere more than the food. Plus we are from Missouri so everything is magical for us.
Danielle Parker
Catal is delicious and about the same price as Cheesecake Factory!
Fatima N
ESPN zone and Rainforest are both Mediocre but it's not horrible.
JackBrad14
This place is over priced and the food isn't worth it. I recommend the ESPN Zone
Mindy Mouse
I went for the first time last October and thought it was amazing. The food was yummy and the experience alone would make up if the food wasnt
HAMinnie
Over the last few years the food has gone downhill terribly.
Pixie dust
Tortilla Joes is amazing and I'm not a fan of Rainforest either
Sandra
Food is good but not much of a variety !
Michele
went to Tortilla Joes last night for yhe first time. wow excellent! will be making that a stop on our to do list every visit
heffurtink
We decided to eat at Rainforest Cafe and had a great time. We were seated upstairs and you would have thought we were walking through the queue of one of the rides in the parks. There was a fun atmosphere. It was pretty spot on for what we were expecting. The food wasnt bad by an means. The Rasta Pasta was fine and the big Birthday Valcano treat was yummy. The vibe and experience was a fun extention of our trip.
Pixie dust
Michele we LOVE Tortilla Joes too. It's always a favorite place to go eat at. I'm glad your family liked it too
Andrea
ate at rainforest cafe 2 weeks ago. food was average taste and expensive and it was really hot inside. worst service.
Princess Judy
The rain forest cafe is very noisy. If you don't mind hearing a gorilla yell every 10-15 minutes while you eat then Go ahead. I went once and I did not like it. It was worst for us because we took my one year old nephew who was terrifying of the gorillas. The ESPN zone serves a good steak but theirs nothing fancy about it. I'd stick to The Cheesecake Factory if you want good food and something a bit fancier.
Winnie Torres
Overrated!
Chipper314
Yeah. It's alright. You're eating at a typical sit down average restaurant but paying twice as much because of the scenery
Disneyland's pirate
I want to go and try it but it will be the hole dam fam we will have 3 kids under 3 so now I don't know if I want to go after reading the thread
Whoever
My son used to ask to go to the Rainforest Cafe in Phoenix for his birthday dinner. He really enjoyed the animals. We were willing to do it for his birthday as a special treat. The atmosphere is pretty cool. The food is just okay and the prices are a bit steep for what you get. But, as a fun place for kids, it isn't a bad experience to do on a rare occasion.
Candi
wanting to go during our trip...went to make reservations and I'm seeing it's only open for bfast and lunch?? I swear I've eaten dinner there before! it's been a long time but they're always so busy I can't imagine them being closed for dinner???
DesertDisney
They're open until 10 pm. Reservations for dinner have to be made by phone. Only breakfast and lunch can be made online.
'Ello Poppet
Don't go !
Nat's DaD
I have to agree with many of the people here. It use to be great and it seems in last five or so years to slide downhill. Food wasn't all that and really gone up in price. I don't remember the mojo bones being that high ! Loud has always been a theme there it seems and something you have to get use too. I do remember needing early reservations since opening of DTD or you going to wait forever to get a seat. So many different choices I seem to always end up at Napoli I think it's called.
MrsIncredible
We went on Saturday expecting the food to not be great because of bad reviews on here but found that it was really good! It is expensive but everything here is. I would eat there again.
brynn
Went this past August after not being able to get in anywhere else. There were two of us and we walked right in (it was around 830pm). Service was really quick, food was great! My only recommendation would be to not sit by the fish tank. About four different families just walked right in and surrounded our table to look at the fish - they weren't eating at the restaurant they just wanted to look. I eventually had to go speak to someone about it - it was the strangest experience.
Jordan
I love the rainforest cafe. sometimes we will drive 2 hours just to go there. For lunch or dinner. Everytime I go to Disneyland I never miss it. one of my favorite places to go
Amanda :-)
It's been a good year since we've dined here due to not so amazing experiences and I must say it was much better, both food and service
Disneyland 4-Life
It's not worth it but we love to see the animals and whether react lol. But we do love the clam chowder lol
Veronica King- Ludwig
Love Rainforest Cafe. I just made reservations for March 21st. The atmosphere is worth it.
Disneygirl1212
Disneygirl1212... I Always eat at Rainforrest. It's soooo Awesome inside with all the animals and noises. Food is good,but it is a little pricey but it is so much fun. Don't miss out.
Brian
The atmosphere is great.... food is a little overpriced and mediocre at best. I enjoy going there though.
Jw690
Food is horrible
Disneyland Dog 8-9-69
I love the food there at breakfast but would never eat there for lunch or dinner

Login to Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login with Facebook to Reply
Follow us on: