• facebook
  • twitter
  • contact us

AMC theater, Rain Forest closing for new hotel

Forums > Downtown Disney > AMC theater, Rain Forest closing for new hotel

Disneydreamer74
I just read that the theater, R. Forest and Earl of Sandwich will be demolished to build the new hotel. Does anyone know when these will be closed? We're going Dec 29th to Jan 7th and has plans to visit these places:(
Poisoned Apple
I would guess some time near to the groundbreaking for the new hotel which starts in summer of 2018, unless their lease for that space is up before then, and in that case they will probably close it when the lease expires. Say like if the lease is up in Dec, they would just close it then. But I am guessing demolition will happen before summer but no idea when. You might still be good in Dec/Jan.
Disneydreamer74
I sure hope so. I'm treating my parents and it would be so sad if these places are down when we go or even closed.
Sophiet1
It's very disappointing so many thing have closed recently and are closing in the near future at DTD. Soon there won't be much left
Poisoned Apple
Yes, it is but at least other things are going up or coming in. I think worse would be if stores were just closing and being boarded up.
LuvtheMouse
I heard some of them may be going in the new hotel. I could see the Rainforest cafe going in the hotel cause it will go with the theme of the new hotel!!
Pixie dust
I also read the new hotel is going to house several restaurants so hopefully they will relocate them
Disneydreamer74
What's the theme if the new hotel?
Disneydreamer74
I just don't think they need another hotel. However, I k now myself and I know eventually I'll make it a mission to stay there:)
Disneygal
oh no! not the movie theater!!! my husband and i go there just about every trip. it gives us a break when it's hot.
Disneydreamer74
yep it's going down Disneygal:(
Mamaof12
Disneygal. I totally agree. We love that theater !
Disneygal
that theater is the only place i can get my husband to go to a show. we live in central California and he won't go to one in town lol
Bossdevinator
rainforest isn't closing its the Espn zone, amc theater, and earl of sandwich
Disneydreamer74
At least Rain Forest isn't closing.
Zpaul
If you look at the picture of the new hotel the rainforest cafe is coming down.
Sophiet1
I've read that Rainforest Cafe IS closing to make way for the hotel.
M&M=Love
If you go to the news section is says that Rainforest Cafe is coming down. They are trying maybe get them all in some way incorporated into the new hotel.
Disney2017
yes i read that too they are going to try and put them into the hotel
Disneyland Dog 8-9-69
I'm excited for them to be put in the new hotel, but I will definitely miss them while construction is going on. We always make it a point to visit rainforest for breakfast once each trip.
DisneyLuv
I hope they bring Earl of Sandwich back somewhere else. It is an inexpensive place to get a breakfast sandwich before heading to the parks.
Matterhorn girl
You just can't have a trip to Disneyland without a dinner at the rainforest, one of my favorite places to eat. love all the cute animals.
Disney2017
they said they may rebuild inside hotel will see
Matildaruu
Does Disney own the Garden Walk on Katella? They should move everything over there. We had our Holiday party at Rainforest yesterday. Great service and a fun place. We’re Annual Pass holders and frequent all of those places. We’re seeing the new Star Wars at the AMC on Sunday. I hope when the hotel is completed, they figure out a way to include them in the design.

Login to Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login with Facebook to Reply
Follow us on: