• facebook
  • twitter
  • contact us

bowling

Forums > Downtown Disney > bowling

Mickeyredneck87
are they building a bowling place we are gonna be there the first week of october
DisneyNana
They are building a bowling place but my guess is that it won't be completed by your October visit.
Marc
It is a lucky strike franchise
Marc
Sorry a strikeville franchise
Joker
Splitsville Luxury Lanes is scheduled to open late 2017
DisneyHolly
Hopefully it runs to schedule. We will be there from Dec 28th and would love for it to be open :)
THE3LINGS
Wow I can hardly wait to go to Disneyland so I can go bowling --not
Evil Queen
im also not excited about this, I can bowl at home and I don't think I would waste a minute of my precious disneyland time bowling just as I've never been to the dtd movie theater but to each their own.
Disney-fanatic
I agree but I'm sure this is aimed more at the local crowd.
PrincessLala
So excited! We make it up to DTD at least a few times a year to see movies, eat at the restaurants, and get our Disney fix without having to pay park prices. We loved seeing shows at HOB and were bummed to see it go, but bowling is just one more reason to be amongst the Disney vibe.
DisneyHolly
We are there for 14 days so yes it is great to have different things to do during our time there. We also go to the movies at least once which we enjoy.
Amanda :-)
It will be nice to have something new to do on non park days. Before becoming a pass holder, we used to arrive on a day that we didn't have tickets, and spend the evening in DTD. All there was to do was eat and spend money in the shops lol so this will be a nice alternative.
Disneydreamer74
I'll be there May 5th. Please tell me there won't be blocked sections of Down T. Disney because of this bowling alley!
Pixie dust
I agree I definitely do NOT plan a vacation to go to Disneyland to go bowling. It's something my family will never use And Evil Queen I also have never used the movie theater either. When I'm down there it's all Disney for us
Pixie dust
Disneydreamer74 nothing is blocked in DTD the area around the construction is like always when they are building something new so people can't look in but there is no obstruction in the area
Disneydreamer74
Good to hear Pixie Dust:)
GrumpyCurtis
I am sure this is for mainly the locals, I can't see tourists bowling unless the parks have closed early and your looking for something fun to do.
Disneydreamer74
No bowling for us. We don't live in CA anymore, we now drive 2,000 from Idaho, so nope, we're not making that drive just to go bowling.
DisneyHolly
Well we travel a lot further than that from Australia and will still enjoy a game of bowling while we are there. You can't spend 24/7 in the parks so it's great to have other options for you non park days/times.
PirateQueenRaval
It probably is mainly for locals, but I would have no problem bowling at Disney when I am there. Why not? Especially if you're there for multiple days! You can take a breather from the park and enjoy DTD and bowl with friends. Have a great time in the parks and if it is early you can top of it off with a game of bowling. Sounds like a fun addition to me.
Disneydreamer74
PirateQueenRaval, you're right. Bowling for a while between parks sounds good, after all, it's not just any bowling alley, it's in DTD! Having said that, we're there early May, so we won't see the alley until our next trip:(
DisneyHolly
Does anyone know the progress of the bowling place? Or an estimate opening date?
Nanna Joy
do they have a projected date we go at christmas time. we change from WDW for WDL. because of Zootoplia, and my grandson was looking forward to bowling.
DisneyNana
It's under construction. It'll be a long time before it's open.
Disneydreamer74
Hopefully it'll be open by December.
Mary Yee
It’s $80 per game!
Nanna Joy
how do you know it's 80.00 a game
M&M=Love
here is a link to the actual pricing structure for splitsville luxury lanes. http://www.disneyeveryday.com/new-pricing-structure-at-splitsville-luxury-lanes-at-downtown-disney/
Sophiet1
Just looked at the link, that's very reasonable. It's between $15 & $20 per person.

Login to Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login with Facebook to Reply
Follow us on: