• facebook
  • twitter
  • contact us

Security

Forums > Downtown Disney > Security

mainstreetmusicman
Anyone else like the change of the locations for security check?
Fatima N
Can someone tell me what the change is and where? Is it super painful ?
mainstreetmusicman
You now have to go through a security check point to get into downtown Disney. You also go through security before getting on the tram. I like the change because once you are in downtown Disney there is no longer a check point where it always seems to be a long wait.
Mickey Bound
We're do you go through security if you are coming from grand Californian
GoldenMel
The entrance from the GCH to DCA, and the entrance going into DTD each have a security check.
Kat<3
Does this mean that once you are on Disney property, say if you rode the buses to the park and entered through the other side and want to go to Downtown Disney, do you have to go through bag checks again to go back into the parks? Gosh, I hope I made sense lol.
Kat<3
Btw, it took us nearly 30 minutes to go through bag checks on Sunday *insert shocked face here* It was a mad house lol
M&M=Love
If you go outside the security area then you will have to go back thru.
Fatima N
I'm worried about these lines. We are waking up early to get in early. Are the lines just going to be a disaster? This is a bummer!
Disney Dave
Adding the metal detectors has added some time to the lines. Waiting for people to empty their pockets when they could have done it ahead of time reminds me of the TSA lines at the airports. We always have our phones and other items in our backpack until we get through security so it goes faster.
Fatima N
Well safety first!
Disneydreamer74
I totally like this idea of extra security, even if it means waiting a little longer. I know Disney tries what it can to keeps the parks secured and this is one of those times when they need to do what they've got to do. I ones went into the park carrying my son's backpack he takes to Scouts and in the park I realized I was carrying his hunters knife! I couldn't believe I went through security with it in the bag and they didn't see it. I quickly turned it in to a cast member. I'm glad they added metal ditectors.
Mickey Bound
Does any one know if your coming from GH how long it takes to get through security?
ZipADeeDoDah
So, every person goes through a metal detector now, or is it still random?
Disneydreamer74
I don't know. After they caught that man with a gun, may be they are.
Mickey Bound
Did not know that caught a guy with a gun. When did that happen
Disneydreamer74
A few months ago.
Mickey Bound
So sad the world we live in. Kids today will never have a world when you did not have to worrie about this stuff.
Amanda :-)
Today and yesterday everyone went thru metal detectors. I did not notice anymore of a delay to get thru than before. It was definitely more convenient to have bags checked before shopping in downtown Disney vs trying to get to the parks after
NapaJane
Good to know Amanda! thank you...
MB Disney Girl
I would think having multiple new checkpoints would make the process go quicker...? Instead of having just 3 checkpoint locations (each end of the esplanade & the Grand California entrance into CA).
ZipADeeDoDah
I didn't notice it being any faster, as they were never all open.
Thanks for keeping us safe Mickey!
DisneyNana
Being able to walk into downtown Disney and back to parks without having to go through security again was awesome. It was kind of a weird feeling.
NapaJane
I am very happy the security encompasses Downtown Disney now, much easier when we went last weekend.
Disneyisland
Does anyone know if with the new security change including downtown disney into the checked area, do they now allow rented strollers into downtown disney?
grandmadizny
Disneyisland - They do not let you take the rented strollers, wheelchairs, or scooters into DTD.
Finding disney
I think the change is so nice, I hates waiting in the long line to get back to Disneyland.

Login to Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login with Facebook to Reply
Follow us on: