• facebook
  • twitter
  • contact us

What is the best thing to do here?

Forums > Downtown Disney > What is the best thing to do here?

Sarahblue98
We will be here in less than a week and have never been to downtown Disney. What is it? What is the best things to do there?
Disney Messiah
It has shops and restaurants. The best things to do is eat at rainforest cafe and build a ridemakerz
Susan
There are so many awesome places to eat! And great shops! The Lego store is the best!
DisneyMom
World of Disney is an amazing Disney store
Sarahblue98
What is ridemakerz?
DisneyDreamer
Ridemakerz is kinda like build a bear for boys. You pick a car body, wheels & other accessories and then put it all together with tools that they provide. You can even add remote control features to your car. My son loves that place. It is pricey but what isn't pricey at Disney?!
Susan
I am taking my daughter to Ridemakerz next week! I showed her puctures, she can't wait! Of course, we are also going to Build a Bear and the Lego store!
Askpiper
be prepared for sticker shock at ridemakerz, like build a bear the process gets spend in a hurry. it was certainly fun, and my son loved it, but we left feeling like we paid way more than the car was worth. if budget is an issue be sure to communicate this with the kids first, you save a lot just by not adding RC to your car, but the older kids would likely not be interested as much if that's the case. my son also really enjoyed the Lego store, and the shop with the star wars stuff in it, I forget the name. even though we didn't have a big budget he liked looking so he had ideas of things to save for when we go back.
Sarahblue98
How much is this place? Like an estimate.
DesertDisney
The Star Wars stuff is at D Street. They also have Marvel stuff. The WonderGround Gallery is my favorite. New art every couple of weeks.
Disneyfreak001
Down town disney has shops and dinning. And access to the grand California hotel and access to the monorail! Have fun!
Mr Marvel
The best shop is the Lego store
Kristi
can u buy legos loosely or do they all come in sets. my son is creative and would like to buy some just to build whatever he wants.
Disney Messiah
You can buy them loosely
Diz mom
everything! but definitely plan on having good viewing spots for the parades#
EverythingDisney
We went to Ridemakerz and spend $70 when our son made his car. The experience was incredible!
wingman
We like going to see live bands at House of Blues and movies at AMC.
Auntycici123
If you are taking kids, Rainforest Cafe, the Lego store, and build-a-bear are always extremely fun.
Michelle
I like walking around the shops (especially world of Disney). Plus, there's always a ton of live entertainment, so if you grab a drink and sit somewhere you can always people watch!
Diz mom
love Rainforest
Diz mom
and the blues Cafe Black and Blue burger! yum?????
Diz mom
!!!
'Ello Poppet
Pin trade ! ESPN , tortilla Joe's! Get a churro and listen to the love music ! Take a walk around the hotels
Cinderella's Guest
I love the atmosphere there.
Sylvia
The House of Blues, World of Disney, Ralph Brennan's. . . the list goes on and on.
Barbara - MPT Agent
We love to sit outside at Ralph Brennen's Jazz Kitchen and people watch while we have lunch. We also always stop in Ridemakerz, one of these days my hubby will make himself a car!
DisneyGrandmaX3
downtown disney is a nice place to relax take a stroll and enjoy the scents and the atmosphere. especially if you want to get out of the crowds for a while.
ZipADeeDoDah
I highly recommend the bananas foster at Ralph Brennan's. It's quite an experience, and delicious as well. I would go there again just to have this dessert!
Fagoo
dtd is great for window shopping, the Disney store is magical, and build a bear is a must if you have kids, boys or girls. stuffed animals are less likely to break, compared to the cars, and you can personalize them more, imo. if you're price aware you can easily get out of there with a $40 bear, but you also could end up with a $100 bear if you go crazy, lol! we tend to spend about 60 per bear.
Nat's DaD
Rainforest cafe and stroll through World of Disney and try not to buy something : )
Cheshire
You have to at least walk through the world of disney store
PirateQueenRaval
Do as much as you can. It's a great way to get in the Disney Spirit before you go into the parks. I like to get dinner somewhere with my friends, stroll through all the shops, and have a nice drink at Trader Sams on their patio since the bar is a bit cramped. It is a great area to explore and there is usually some kind of live band or performance to listen to as well.
PirateQueenRaval
I just realized how old this post is haha. Silly me. Oh well if others want advice they can read all this.
Tattoo Mom
I was just reading through it ;)
Cass
I love people watching in downtown Disney. We always head there after checking in to our hotel. I love going in the evening and watching the people heading back to their hotels after a long day in the park- all the parents carrying their sleeping kiddos is too adorable. We like to sit and count the number of people doing the Disneyland zombie walk;) it always gets us really excited for our first day in the park.
Disnerd55
I always have to eat at the House of Blues and the UVA bar and defiantly have to hit Sephora and world of disney. I love their starbucks too
Chance
We like to go to Marcelene's and get a candy apple for my wife & I, and let each of the kids pick out their favorite goody. We also like to shop at World of Disney!
Jasmine A.K.
We really love rainforest cafe, the ice cream shop, Lego store, downtown Disney and the monorail!
PirateQueenRaval
All great places Jasmine :) I also second UVA bar because it was lovely!
Disneyland Dog 8-9-69
Downtown disney is an area down a path in between the two parks filled with shops and restaurants. Rainforest cafe is a really fun restaurant, and the world of Disney store is a must visit for any Disney fan. Also earl of sandwich and ESPN zone are cool.
GhostHost55
World of Disney is an amazing place to look around. There is also frequently live music, and it's fun to just chill out and watch for a bit!

Login to Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login with Facebook to Reply
Follow us on: