• facebook
  • twitter
  • contact us

Honest answers welcomed

Forums > Disneyland > Honest answers welcomed
Jennifer Wright
Be honest...how terrible is Disneyland the last week of June? Is it worse than thanksgiving week or during spring break?
I never go in the summer, but last year the only time for my mommy son trip was end of June, weather was good, and a ghost town when we walked in on a Sunday. you just never know anymore.
Disney go girl
I don't think it will be terrible. I went for the summer a couple of times. It wasn't too bad. It's hot and yes it's busy but not unbearable. It depends on your outlook. be prepared for it to be busy, take a break mid day while the crowds are at their busiest. get max pass to ensure you get the rides you want with short waits.
personally I prefer spring break to summer. the crowds aren't bad (I think because so many people are trying to avoid spring break crowds and closures- a trip in early March is wildly different then a trip in late march). last year we went march 15th and stayed five days, and the longest line we ever stood in was a little over an hour for space mountain. honestly, as long as you plan well, and utilize fast passes (or I guess max pass? I'm not sure how that works, and I'm kind of terrified to learn tbh.) as much as possible, it doesn't matter what time of year you come. California doesn't really get that hot, and it's hottest months are the late summer ones. so unless you're from a place where 80 degrees is considered hot, you're probably okay. the only reason I can think the last week of June specifically might be worse is because it's the week before the 4th of July, and since it's a summer holiday it is probably the easiest date to work with for familes- most people have it off from work, kids are out of school...
honest answer here. I had the exact same fear last summer (I actually posted basically the same question) and we went in july. it turned out wonderful. busy yes, hot yes, however no more so than our normal trips in September in recent years. park is running at full capacity so lines were not much longer in wait than during the off season (if there is such a thing anymore). one thing I highly recommend is the max pass. looking back on our experience with a 4 year old it probably is what it so much more relaxed with the large crowds.
Little Chef
They also have alot of Grad Night Student events in June, definitely check the schedule
The last week of June is great. I prefer that week when I go in the summer. The weather is good, refurbishments are done, the new rides and shows are open, people generally are waiting for the July 4th weekend so not as heavily crowded as you would think. The closer you get to the 4th, the busier it gets. Also, all grad nights are done by Father's Day. So go after Father's Day and the have a great time!

Login to Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login with Facebook to Reply
Follow us on: