• facebook
  • twitter
  • contact us

max pass questions

Forums > Disneyland > max pass questions

how far outside of Disneyland can you be and get a fastpass? can you be in line waiting to get in or do you have to step in the park??
heffurtink
When we went December 1 it didn't work until we were thru the gate in the park
Disney2017
you have to go thru the entrance gates before you can get a fast pass. but you can enter thru DL gates and get a FP for a ride in DCA
Jenni
It’s once your ticket is activated for the day right? Although I don’t think you can leave and be in say downtown and get a FP.
I've never used it before. I wonder if once your ticket is activated you can be close to the park and still get one?? I will test it out when I get there.
Fatima N
One your ticket is scanned you can get the max pass
DisneyDarcy
Once your ticket is scanned you can get FPs even if you leave the parks for lunch or breaks. I got one from my hotel room while taking an afternoon break. Definitely works from DTD.
Thank you DisneyDarcy that's what I was hoping for. I'm pregnant and have an ap for my whole family and I know I'm gonna take a lot of breaks so I was wanting to get them for my family during those breaks so when we get back we are good to go. staying across the street so hopefully it works.
Sophiet1
It won't work from across the street, it's too far away
Dlfanshl
Has anyone had success with Max Pass from DLH?
DisneyDarcy
I've heard of people booking MPs from miles away after leaving the parks for the day just to see if they could. They did cancel the MP since they were home and not going back, so not sure why you couldn't book them from across the street.
allabouthemouse
Can I add MaxPass to my ticket now even though my trip is 5 weeks away? Or do I have to wait until I'm through the gate?
Mickey Bound
You have to wait till you get in park. And it is a day at a time.
allabouthemouse
Is it easy to figure out?
Mickey Bound
Yes very. If your doing the max pass you either buy when you buy your park tickets or can go to the official Disney app and go to get max pass. Once your their it will show all rides that have max passes available and time you pick the ones you want confirm then show up when it is time.
allabouthemouse
Thanks Mickey Bound
Rae
Max pass has to be activated after going through gates. After that, you can book fast passes even when you aren’t in the park. We stayed at a hotel across the street and I booked a max pass while in the hotel room taking a mid day break. : )
Disney go girl
DisneyDarcy is correct. once you have been in the park you can book max pass from anywhere. I always book them while we are taking a break in the hotel in the afternoon. that way when we go back in the evening we have some lined up. It is easy to use. set up an account on the Disneyland website, download the app and scan in your tickets. easy peasy.
allabouthemouse
How many can you have lined up at once?
Disney2017
you can only have 1 FP at a time thats hasnt changed
allabouthemouse
Thanks Disney2017
Disney2017
but as soon as you scan it to use you can get anotherone in line it saves so much time
NapaJane
but if you get one for a much later time, there will be a time at the bottom of the ticket to get a new one. not sure about the notation on maxpass, but I assume it should be the same.
JiminyCricket
After spending the morning in the park, I drove over 200 miles home then tried and was able to get a Fastpass using Maxpass??
Disney go girl
allabouthemouse. you can get one every hour and a half. I usually start collecting fast passes for the evening around noon. so when I go back to the park later I have 3 or 4 to use.
Disney2017
you can only do 1 fast pass at a time how did you collect 3 or 4
Tami Suggs- Kosciuk
You can get a new one about every 2 hours. For instance if a noon I get a fastpast for a popular ride with a return time I’d 11pm I can get another one about 2 if I use that on a popular ride for a ride time I’d 8pm I can get another one around 4
Disney go girl
Tami is correct. except with max pass it seems to be every 1.5hrs as opposed to the 2hr wait for the regular fast passes. Around noon I start looking to book ones for the evening. so I can book one at noon, another at about 1:30, another around 3 and so on an so forth. until I have a few built up for evening use.
CinderFellaDisney
You have to have a credit card to purchase maxpass, right? Or can you use a gift card on the app?
Tami Suggs- Kosciuk
For me I used the Disneyland app but already had my credit card saved due to a dining reservation
Jenni
You can’t add a gift card to the app unfortunately. I hope they change that! Why not use a gift card for a maxpass? But I get dinner reservations I guess because they want a name attached too, a way to charge if you don’t show.
NapaJane
I have tried to buy a ticket on the app, hate that you can't use GC on the app.

Login to Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login with Facebook to Reply
Follow us on: