• facebook
  • twitter
  • contact us

Thunder Mountain smells like Cigarette smoke.

Forums > Disneyland > Thunder Mountain smells like Cigarette smoke.

DisneySmithFam
Has anyone else been grossed out by the smell of cigarette smoke around Big Thunder Mountain ever since the smoking area opened on the Big Thunder Mountain Trail? We’re not a big fan of the new “smoking” area. We seriously avoid going that direction because of how potent smelling the smoke gets over there. It’s too bad that you have to smell that while riding Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Really hope Disney changes things. Thoughts?
Tami Suggs- Kosciuk
I was on it yesterday couldn’t tell
Mickey Bound
Can’t smell it myself and I have a pretty good nose.
Jenni
I believe anywhere meant for kids should be completely smoke free. Leave the park if you need to smoke.
Mamaof12
For some reason the smoke smell is strong , and it's outside.
Pixie dust
I didn’t notice it in November
Kabrina
cigarettes have absolutely no business at a park where kids go
Df4ever
thete is a smoking area near the ride my guess is its from that.
Mickey Bound
They will never take smoking out completely they would loose money. If they moved it outside park wear would they put it? Down town Disney? Kids walk through it. Don’t get me wrong I hate smoking and am allergic to it I can’t breath well. Disneyland is not just for kids we are in our late 50s have no kids should we be banned.
Sophiet1
I agree that there should be no smoking allowed at Disneyland but we rode it today and didn't smell anything.
Mickey Bound
I guess in the end we can debate all we want weather or not smoking should be their. All we can do is avoid it as much as possible. Their was a Time you could smoke anywhere. In fact they used to sell it. If every thing got eliminated that someone else does not like they would have no guests.
Jenni
I highly doubt they would lose customers, a lot of places are smoke free. And would it really be that bad to lose a few given the high crowds these days? Just saying. Times have changed, let’s keep it healthy and happy. From a parent with a kid with heart and lung issues, I’d really like to see it changed so we can all enjoy the happy smells and breathe easier.
Sophiet1
Agree, I seriously doubt they would lose guests. Times have changed and smoking isn't permitted in most places now which is a great thing!
Mickey Bound
Not to ignite a argument but if we get rid of that completely i think we should get rid of. Back packs no one really needs them and they are hazardous to my face. I try to avoid the a best I can but have had earrings torn out and a scratch on my face from them not paying attention to any thing but themselves.
Disney-fanatic
Maybe a perspective from the other side. My mother in law smokes and comes with us on our annual trip to Disneyland every year. There is one smoking area in Disneyland and one smoking area in California Adventure. So to be able to have a cigarette is very limited. Now we know Disneyland is huge on housekeeping and they will keep those areas vey clean. it's not realistic to ban smoking from the parks cause it would require someone to walk completely off property which could take at least 30 minutes if not more.Places that ban smoking are indoor places, not huge venues such as Disneyland. Also the places that are allowed to smoke are out of the way places that do not require people to walk by there.
DisneySmithFam
I don’t think anybody should be comparing the dangers of cigarettes to backpacks...seriously though, come on...
Schultzez4
Yes most places do not permit smoking anymore in or around buildings but large venues such as sporting events, concerts still do. Times have changed, people smoke less. But one smoking area per park I think is acceptable. Disney does a good job at keeping things clean. People would have to walk out of the park and still would be smoking near people no matter where they are. I think rather than people sneaking a smoke in and trying to find a spot to hide and smoke Disney has opted to have a designated area they can manage.
Smithfamwifey
My mother smokes and my mother in law smokes, I am a former smoker. And as such there should be better ventilation or a completely designated part of the park not just an outdoor area. And when you are on the ride Thunder mountain you can absolutely smell the smoke on the ride. I’m not walking by out of the way I’m on the ride. On the ride and smelling it.... I’m sorry but if I can go into a building where half is smoking and the other half is non smoking and I don’t smell smoke I think it’s somehow possible to make the outdoors smell fresh and smoke free.... :-)
DisneyNana
Schultzez4, well said! I’m not a fan of smoke but I do feel Disney does it’s best to pick an area so as not to affect many people. Would I like to see it banned? Yes! But that’s just not realistic!!
Mickey Bound
So agree Disney-fanatic. As for the back pack if you have ever had a earring torn and bleeding earlobe come and tell me if you feel the same. As for smoke does everyone realize the that the smog in la is very bad and dangerous to you health.
Mickey Bound
Does everyone realize when you start banning stuff then they can have anyone banned for clothing, color, age or anything.
Kristine
I hope they ban smoking at both parks. I can't stand that gross smell.
Mickey Bound
I will ask again if they banned it were would you put it? Everyone still has to go through down town disney
SnowQueen
They already have banned items and it hasn't turned into banning races or age groups. That's a bit extreme of a jump to make.
Mickey Bound
I’m not saying they would just that one thing can lead to another.
Mickey Bound
Like I said I think smoking is a horrible smelly habit but I also think that they try to keep it as contained. If you give smokers no place to smoke they will just light up when and were they want to. And when caught will put it out and walk awhile and light up again. They will risk getting thrown out. I would rather have it contained.
Carla Coder
Banning smoking completely would be a good thing as far as I am concerned. I don't enjoy breathing in smoke that's in the air from other people!

Login to Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login with Facebook to Reply
Follow us on: