• facebook
  • twitter
  • contact us

halloween party rundown

Forums > Disneyland > halloween party rundown

Taylor
I'm attending my first halloween party this year and i was wondering if someone would give me the rundown of how it works, when is the best time to arrive, when should we start waiting for the parade and fireworks. thanks!
Twizzy
Not sure if this helps, but I was at the party a few years ago, and I'm going again this October. You can enter at 4pm, so we usually tried to get there about 3:30 to line up to get our wrist bands. After that is really about what is important to you... if that's rides or treat lines or the parade or some combination of all 3. We were able to do all the rides we wanted, plus fill our treat bags up, and enjoy the fireworks last time... it was Halloween day and we still were able to go on all the rides multiple times! That's the awesome thing about the party ticket... less people! :)
Jenni
There are lots of videos and articles (Pinterest is great) and other feeds on here, lots of tips! When are you going?
Tattoo Mom
I haven't been but here's what I plan to do. We can get in at 3 so going to catch the sounds atop all parade at 330. Then head to toon town for preparty. Then head to the villian square to see the Villians. Then parade and fireworks. Meals and rides and trick or treating in there along the way as well. My goal is to hit the stuff that isn't there on a regular day. We are there all week so I'm not worried about usual stuff cause we will have other days to do that if needed.
Disneygal
take larger totes to dump ur candy in when the small bags get full. when i went with my daughter and the grandbabies we had a stroller, so that helped with carrying all the candy.
Taylor
Thanks guys so much! Super helpful!!! Yeah i figured we'd do all the things that don't go on during normal hours bc we can always do that another day. I'll be there on October 10th :)...I wanted a Friday date but by the time i went to buy my tickets they were sold out on fridays :( thanks guys!
Shyleestar*
Yes definitely do the villains meet and greets and fireworks and parade. They are amazing! Also getting to dress up and trick or treat at Disneyland is the most fun thing! My family is also going to be at the party on the 10th. We are dressing as pirates. Are you planning on dressing up?
Taylor
Yes! I'm so excited about the villain meet and greet and the parade! Oh nice, pirates will be cool. I realllly want to dress up, I'm just not sure what to dress up as.
Shyleestar*
Anything! Lol! My family usually just goes as whatever we come up with, but this year I coordinated everyone. You can disneybound or go full on costume. I've been going for the last few years and I really think seeing everyone in costume is part of the fun. I love how creative people can get. 2 years ago I dressed as a girl version of sully from monsters inc.
Tattoo Mom
Half of us are doing Star Wars. Then Peter Pan and tinker bell. I didn't want a full in costume so I'm just doing Green pants and shirt with some etsy Peter Pan ears. You should totally dress up, check Pinterest for ideas!
Little Chef
This will be my first time at Disneyland for Halloween too. I splurged for the Halloween party ticket as well and I'm super excited. Thanks for all the tips and tricks ; )
Evangeline_5
We are doing full costumes, my husband makes a pretty good Maui, my youngest will be his Moana, my son is Captain Jack Sparrow and my oldest is Maleficent. I found an amazing plus size Belle dress that's mid calf and we CANNOT WAIT! :D
Shyleestar*
What party dates is everyone going to be at? My family is going to the October 10th and 13th parties! I would love to try and spot people in their costumes.
Little Chef
I'll be at the September 20th party. I can't believe I was able to get a ticket. I only just called Disney last Friday and not only were tickets still available for the night I wanted to go, it arrived in the mail yesterday. So Fast! Disney is the Best!
Chipper314
Going September 27! Sold out. Daughter is going to be Alice, I'm mad hatter and the wife is going to be the evil queen of hearts lol
Jenni
We are going to the Oct 17 party. I am Minnie and my son will be Harry Potter :)
Jenni
A weird thought, forgive me. A lot of people suggest bringing a larger bag for treats...would it be weird to grab a pillow case from the hotel room and using that?
Kjoy524
Jenni - I would. You'll fill it up. It won't get dirty cause all the candy is wrapped.
Tattoo Mom
So I know there are costume guidelines but still not sure on one thing. Peter Pan had a dagger, does anyone know if I got a toy dagger that would be allowed?
M&M=Love
I'm going to say no, since they got rid of all the toy guns in the park. You could call and ask but you could get to the gate and they say no, even if you got a yes from guest relations.
Poisoned Apple
The costume guidelines from the Disneyland site "For Guests Ages 14 and Older Capes may be worn if the length does not go below the waist. Themed T-shirts, blouses, sweatshirts and hats are acceptable. Acceptable accessories include: transparent wings, plastic light sabers, toy swords and tutus. Headwear may be worn as long as it does not cover the face. Masks of any kind may not be worn, except for medical purposes. Guests who do not adhere to these guidelines may be refused entry into, and/or removed from, the event, unless his or her costume can be modified to meet the above standards"
DisneyNana
We took an empty backpack last year and kept added our candy to that.
Little Chef
just curious, what kind of candy do they give out? Is it Disney candy?
Chipper314
The one year we went, regular fun size candy like you get knocking door to door haha
Shyleestar*
Usually they give out fun size snickers, kit Kat, milky way, m&me, starburst, Skittles, etc. They also have another "healthier"option you can ask for which is usually apples, carrots, Graham crackers, pirate booty, etc. Its all good stuff and you get a ton! I'm not even kidding I didn't have to buy candy to pass out on Halloween.
Leanne
I've seen YouTube videos that there are special mystery pin packs for the mnsshp in Disney world. does anyone know if Disneyland has the same thing?
Alisha Scheidemantel
Following
Menehune
When I went to the party a couple years ago, Disneyland had special event Halloween pins. I usually go to the Westward Ho Trading Company that sells pins.
Little Chef
I went to my first Halloween party on the 20th and I'm so glad I did it was great. I did a little bit of everything Trick or treating which I haven't done since I was a kid & I forgot how fun it is! I filled the little bag they provided up which was more than enough candy for me, but I saw people leave with pillowcases full. They passed out a good mix of all the favorite Halloween goodies as well as healthy options too. None of the rides had more than a 10min wait and most of them were walk on. I even got a picture of myself on splash Mountain with the whole log to myself.
Jenni
Yay Little Chef! Any tips to share?
Vonnie
definitely do meet and greets and pics with the giant pumpkin first. trick or treat lines are shirt towards the end and they won't run out of candy.
Disneybear
so is the parks closed for people without party tickets on those days.
Poisoned Apple
Yes Disneybear but only after 6(I think it is 6) and CA Adventure has its normal hours. You can still go to both parks during the day but only people who purchased the special event ticket will get to stay.
Disneybear
thank you. we arrive on the 13th of October. have 5 day hopper so we are good. can't wait.
Mel_dizzle
What time does the fireworks start on party nights?
Jenni
9:30 is the fireworks. Headless Horseman rides at 8:40 and 10:20 (parade starts 10 min later)
Mel_dizzle
I hope it's not windy and they get cancelled. Even though I will be thankful to be there.
Little Chef
I do have an accidental tip... my plan was to watch the second parade, I figured it would be a little less crowded. However I came out of a trick or treat line near small world and found myself trapped with the start of the parade (I was not paying attention to the time) I decided to jump on the train with the plan to drop my candy loot in my locker then head back towards tomorrow land to avoid the 1st parade. (I was still planning on watching the 2nd) well it didn't work out that way and my luck couldn't have been better. the train landed me on main Street just before the parade made it over. I ended up getting a great standing spot just behind on of the main Street benches. Best view I've ever had of the parade. I don't know if that's something that can actually be planned but if your on the wrong side of the jump on the train and make your way to the other end. Best view I've ever had of a Disney Parade, it was pure Di
Little Chef
pure Disney magic is what I trying to say
NapaJane
That is excellent little chef. so many times we have not sat and waited, but decide to leave the parks. we find a standing spot also near the Disneyana side behind a bench, and when it's over we turn and leave. even when there is 3-4 of us.
Jenni
Great tip!
Jenni
For the fireworks, definitely be in front of the castle but to the right when you’re facing it. Great projections and the main one you want to see is on the left. Where we were (to the left), it was blocked by the tree. You can also watch the parade go by! We got there about an hour before.

Login to Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login with Facebook to Reply
Follow us on: