• facebook
  • twitter
  • contact us

Halloween Party

Forums > Disneyland > Halloween Party

Vonnie
Does anyone know if they will kick you out of California adventure during the Halloween party? or will they just kick you out of disneyland during the party? I ask because I noticed they added the hopper to the party ticket. I'm panicking now lol
Paul
That's what I was wondering about. Imange how even more busy California is going to be. Yikes
Chipper314
That's a good question now that you can get into both parks. I would think a perk of buying the party ticket is to have an excluding access to the parks and now you can get into both but the party is only at Disneyland so idk haha
Tattoo Mom
I've heard that they will only kick you out of Disneyland
Chipper314
Yeah I just read that California adventure will be open it's regular hours to all. Only Disneyland closes early for regular day tickets.
I?Disney
Trick or treating is also only at Disneyland, correct?
Mickey Bound
Disney web sight says California adventure part of pre party what ever that means
Vonnie
pre party is where they let you in up to 3 hours before party starts either in disneyland or California adventure. so confusing this year lol I'm happy they added souvenir photos!
Paul
Isn't the pre party in toon town. They close early and let only people with the bracelets in.
Vonnie
hmmmm I don't know!! this will be my first year! anyone else know??
Tattoo Mom
There is a PRE party in toon town but I don't know with DCA now included in preparty how that will work and what they will do.
Mickey Bound
Will just have to wait and find out.
Shyleestar*
I called Disney to get more info and this is what they told me. This year is like last year. Everything that you get with Mickeys Halloween party - trick or treating, parade, fireworks, and villain experiences are all at Disneyland. Your party ticket allows you to enter Disneyland 3 hours before the party and is also a park hopper ticket so you can go to California adventure and experience the decor overlays there.
Shyleestar*
It also includes a photopass. So any photos you get are included. So if you go to Disneyland you will be kicked out at 6 or 7, but if you don't have a party ticket and you do have a hopper pass you can still go over to California adventure.
Shyleestar*
Oh and also there is a pre party in toon town, but nothing in CA.
Mickey Bound
Thank you for calling. Their web sight on the matter is slightly confusing. It says it is part of the pre party fun. To me it means it is going to be like toon town.
Shyleestar*
I told the lady I spoke to that it was confusing the way they put it. She said they are calling it a preparty because it is before the actual party but there isn't anything special like the toon town thing. It just means they are letting you see what decor and stuff they are having in CA.
Jenni
Hopefully I already know the answer to this but can you buy your party tickets with a Disney gift card? And is there a reason to call vs online?
Vonnie
thank you guys for the info!! Jenni I had to call because I purchased early with my disney visa card, there isn't an online purchase option unless you're an annual passholder. And I'm sure you can use a gift card, I would call though.
Vonnie
and can someone please explain the pre party in toon town??
Paul
They close toon town early and let the people with bracelets in. I believe there is candy. it's mostly picture time with mickey Minnie and friends.
Shyleestar*
Yes, just like Paul said Toon Town closes to the general public and people with a party ticket/ wrist band can go there an hour before the party. They have trick or treat lines and some of the main characters are there in costume (like Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, etc) for photo ops.
Shyleestar*
Also in my experience the little bag they give you for trick or treating will get pretty much full just by going to toon town so if you plan on trick or treating the rest of the night I suggest bringing your own larger bags. No lie between myself, hubby, and 2 kids we had almost 7-10 lbs of candy. I didn't have to buy any to pass out at Halloween lol
Sami23
Does anyone know if tickets the same as a normal day I will have a 9 month old and want to make sure I don't have to buy him a ticket.
Paul
it's still the same as regular disney ticket under 2 no ticket needed
Shyleestar*
I read that all guests 3 and older need a ticket. So I'm pretty sure they will be free??
Tattoo Mom
Tickets on sale Tomorrow!! Can't wait! Eeeek
Jenni
I'm excited too Tattoo Mom!
Disneymaniac
GOT MINE ON THURSDAY, BY CALLING AND PAYING WITH MY DISNEY VISA CARD.
Shyleestar*
I am so excited to get my tickets too! What day/days are everyone going? My family is planning on the party on the 10th and 13th.
Vonnie
Soooooo cool! do they sell souvenir trick or treat buckets?? how are the lines for trick or treating? also how packed is it for the party? I know it's only a certain amount of tickets they sell but wondering how long lines will be for rides. like how are the wait times?
Shyleestar*
I haven't ever seen souvenir trick or treat buckets:( So at first lines for trick or treating will seem really long so if you wait till later in the night there usually isn't a line. Its pretty packed but lines are usually walk on. I think the longest we waited was 10 minutes and that was for space mountain. Also another tip is they usually have two parade showings so if you want to see it (I highly recommend it) pick one and ride rides during the other
Shyleestar*
I wasn't finished lol...My family has gone the last few years and we have gotten like 7-10 lbs of candy - and that is only going through lines once. We always go to the preparty in toon town. Then we ride some rides, go to meet the villains, trick or treat some more. Then either watch the parade and fireworks. Then ride more rides and if we happen to be near a trick or treat line we do that.
Shera
They hand you treat bags at the beginning. they handed our group like 10 extra. we told them we already had some and he goes oh you're going to need some more and he sure was right! another little tip if you're wanting to see any of the Star Wars characters like Chewbacca that the lines are crazy long in the day do them during the party in there very short.
Jenni
Thanks for the tips Shyleestar! And very good to know Shera! Taking notes on all of this...
Shyleestar*
You are so welcome Jenni!
Jenni
Forgot to ask...where do you meet the villains? Or are they scattered? My son got excited to meet Captain Hook LOL
NapaJane
they definitely have usually 3-4, can't remember, stationed in front of the main St train station, you line up and meet them in a row. pretty nice, and they are constantly rotating.
Jenni
Awesome
Tattoo Mom
I'm excited about the Villians and the headless horseman!
Tattoo Mom
Oh and we are getting tickets for the 17th!!
Jenni
Tattoo Mom, Oct 17? Us too!
Tattoo Mom
Yep!! That's awesome!
Mickey Bound
We're their September 20th
JennyD
Jenni, Captain Hook is not with the villains in Main Street. He's always with Peter and Wendy in Mark Twain entrance.
Jenni
Let's stay in touch Tattoo Mom! Thanks JennyD!
Vonnie
Awesome thanks so much!!! just got my tickets in the mail today for the party! they shipped them in 4 days! They were in an unmarked plain envelope so they look like junk mail!
Chipper314
@vonnie I got ours in the mail and also thought it was junk mail. They almost went straight into the trash! Haha looked just like a credit card offer. We are going the 27th! Can't wait.
Vonnie
so are we the 27th!!!
Jenni
Good to know about looking like junk...that would suck to throw them out!!
Amazonprn4
Woohoo. Got our tickets this morning. Going October 27th. I am tooo excited
Jenni
Just bought my tickets! Yay!!
Mel_dizzle
Woo hoo Jenni! Just ordered mine too. So excited!
Vonnie
Awesome guys!!! 2 months can't come fast enough!!
Disney Princess
Just got my tickets for oct 17th and the 20th. Was so excited 1 day just wasn't enough had to get 2 days so I get to experience all of it
Mel_dizzle
Looks like a few of us got tickets for Oct 17!!
Shyleestar*
My family is going to 2 parties also! They are so much fun!
Abigail
they only kick you out of Disneyland. we are booking WOC dessert party for one of those nights.
Jenni
Looks like we will need to do a meet up on the 17th! At least ride a ride together :)
Mel_dizzle
That would be fun Jenni.
Mel_dizzle
I was able to print my tickets tonight. Wow makes it seem more real now. I still feel like it's a dream.
Paul
I am pretty sure what the answer is but can you buy tickets to Halloween party the day of at the park. as long as they are not sold out?
Camby
I got tickets for the 17th of Oct too. Yay!!!!
Mike
I think it is only Disneyland not sure
Shyleestar*
As long as there are tickets available you can get them the day of. However, the parties are so popular that they usually sell out before they even begin. So if you can I'd buy tickets way before.
Mel_dizzle
Woo hoo Camby! So how many if you are going in costume. I can't decide yet.
Tattoo Mom
We are dressing up! It's going to be so fun!
Jenni
The kid is I'm sure and we may be in simple "costumes" Is it weird to dress up as Harry Potter?
DisneyHolly
No, dress up as anyone you like and have fun! We aren't going to a party this year as we are going over Christmas but we love the parties and seeing everyone dressed up! Have a great time!!
Mel_dizzle
Harry Potter is awesome Jenni!
Jenni
Ok, wasn't sure if people stayed with the Disney theme or if it was anything goes. He got a great Hogwarts sweater from Hot Topic!
Mel_dizzle
That will be cute. He is going to have so much fun! I want a Hogwarts sweater!! ??
Vonnie
we will be a family of pirates! it's our favorite ride and my husband looks just like jack sparrow in costume it's pretty crazy lol
Mickey Bound
We do pirates.
Mel_dizzle
Very cool Vonnie. It's going to be so much fun for everyone!!
Jenni
So cool Vonnie! I found a cute set of pirate Mickey ears on Pinterest!
Vonnie
I have mini pirate ears that I bought in the park a few years ago!
Jenni
You're so cool. Hope we get to meet :D
Evangeline_5
Does anyone know the likelihood of Pocahontas, Captain Jack Sparrow and Maleficent being in the park for the Halloween parties?
Vonnie
maleficent and jack sparrow probably because they are villains. not sure about pocahontas
Evangeline_5
Thanks Vonnie!
Wildflour14
We are going for the first time in September! Can you tell me where/how we pick up our wrist bands?
Pocahontas was at the parties last year. she was with the princess meets.
Paul
wildflour if you are in the park before they let everyone in there are stations through out the park. I know one of them is by the entrance to frontier land. if you are just going to the party they let you in 3 hours before party starts they give you the wristband there.
Wildflour14
Thank you Paul!
Vonnie
48 more days........ eeeeeek!!!
Vonnie
40 more days for me!!! how many for you???
Chipper314
42 to go. 44 til our party night!
Tattoo Mom
61!!! Eeek
Jenni
Ditto Tattoo Mom, woot woot!!
Mel_dizzle
I think 60 now! Finally getting closer!
Vonnie
2 dates are sold out!
Poisoned Apple
We're going in September since there was also an AP hotel discount. This is our first party and we are all dressing up!
Vonnie
we are so close that the schedule is showing for our whole trip!!! so excited!
Vonnie
23 more daysssssss!!!!
Tattoo Mom
Yay!!!
Disneygirl1212
Tinkerbell1212 30 more days!!!!! wooooohooooo can't wait.First time at the Halloween Party.
We have tickets for Oct 17th too! My daughter will be dressed as a gender-bent Jack Sparrow. Excited to go to the pre party in Toon Town as we've never gone to it in the past. Definitely bring your own bag for candy as the bags they hand out are very small. And I know someone else answered but I will second that Pocahontas was available for meet and greet last year during the Party. She was paired with Snow White (my daughter's two absolute favorite Princesses!)and you chose between meeting the two of them or meeting two different Princesses that had been paired together. If you wanted to meet all of them you had to stand in line twice and the line was pretty long. Wishing everyone the best time when they attend!
ImAWendyBird
So that was weird, that post above^ by the nameless faceless individual was actually supposed to be mine. haha
Tattoo Mom
Where was the princess pair meet and greet? We will also be there the 17th!
Jenni
Ditto on the 17th! It's a true party!
Evangeline_5
We'll be there the 17th, too!!
Camby
I'm gonna be there on the 17th as well.
Jenni
We should have our own little meetup before the party
Jenni
Just found my costume! Put together a Minnie Mouse outfit from a thrift store.
Vonnie
I love thrift store finds! we just found a super cute legit pirate captain costume for my 3 yr old today for $4 bucks!! We are a pirate family this year since it's our favorite right :)
Jenni
That's so great! I wish my DH was more into it...we are putting the pressure on him...next is my dad :-/
Vonnie
I meant ride not right lol dh loves halloween and it's super fun for the kids if we all dress up!
Evangeline_5
Does anyone know if the Sanderson sisters is at Disneyland? Or are they exclusive to DWD?
Just WDW.
Little Chef
awwww bummer about the Sanderson sisters :(
Evangeline_5
Dang! Oh well!
Vonnie
all parties are sold out!! does anyone know if they still sell tickets on the same day of the parties?? I ask because my sister decided to go last minute but needs 4 tickets
Leanne
people posted on my other topic to call and ask cause apparently they might still have some.
Shyleestar*
I would call asap because my sister decided she wanted to go to the party my family is. She called yesterday and told them what day and they were able to get her a ticket to the October 13th party. They also said that they are running really low on tickets so it was good she called when she did.
Mel_dizzle
I can't remember.....do you get photo pass with the Halloween party tickets?
Tattoo Mom
Yes!!
Vonnie
yes! I'm so anxious to get a photo in front of that Giant mickey pumpkin!
Little Chef
I'm going to Wednesday Nights Halloween Party! It's my first one and I am so excited!!!!
Tattoo Mom
Oh you'll have to let us know how it was!
Jenni
Awesome Little Chef, tell us all about it and share any tips! Exciting!
Vonnie
yes share please! we leave in 6 days!!!
Jenni
Did anyone do the park hotel package? Curious what all you get in the mail with tickets...(not so) patiently waiting for ours, arriving next week!
Little Chef
I will, I will. I am so excited! this time tomorrow and I'll be at Disney!!!!!!
Tattoo Mom
The parks seem crazy busy this week. Hopefully it's just cause it was the official launch of Halloween time therez
Princess22
Any one know if the park is a little less busy days when there is a Halloween parade that evening?
Mickey Bound
After 3 busier you have regular ticket holders opening to 6 and party people 3 to close
Princess22
Someone mentioned it wasn't as busy during the day of a parade night.
Vonnie
did anyone go to Wednesday nights party??
Mickey Bound
I did. Was surprised it was not as busy as usual.
Princess22
Which villains did you meet? I really want meet Malificant.
Mickey Bound
Did not see her. Saw jack skellington and sally. She used to be up by Main Street train station. Last year their was three of them their and they rotated was only 2. Can't remember witch ones. Sorry can not be more help but left early as I was not feeling well.
Alisha Scheidemantel
We are flying in on 10/30 and I'm trying to decide if we should go to the Halloween party that night or on actual Halloween. Anyone been on 10/31? Is it nuts?
Leanne
Halloween party is on the 31st not the 30th. and is sold out already
Poisoned Apple
We are also flying in on the 30th and attending Halloween night. I've never been but it would still be the same or close to the same crowds as other sold out nights.

Login to Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login with Facebook to Reply
Follow us on: