• facebook
  • twitter
  • contact us

halloween tickets worth it?

Forums > Disneyland > halloween tickets worth it?

Sami23
Are the Halloween tickets worth it. We are going to park for 3 days but 2 of them they are doing Halloween so we would have to leave early 2 out of 3 days.
Jenni
The Halloween party is only on Tuesdays and Fridays, are you sure it's 2 out of 3 of your days? And I would say yes it is, it's like getting a whole extra day at the park with different experiences, a special parade and fireworks! Now, I haven't been yet but from I hear and read, this is my opinion.
Vonnie
No its on Wednesdays too
Alaura
Definitely!! It is such a different experience and so much fun. And because they only sell a limited amount of tickets, there are no wait times for the rides. The longest we waited was 15 minutes for space mountain and everything was walk on. And the floating ocapello ghosts in my opinion make it worth it just to see them! You won't regret it.
Alaura
I just seen that the floaty ghost guys are called the Cadaver Dans! Loved those guys
Sami23
Thank you all so much. When I saw it was for 2 of our days I thought I would ask and hopefully be able to get the tickets
Shyleestar*
I definitely say it's worth it. I have never had so much fun at Disneyland than at the parties. I love that as an adult I get to dress up and trick or treat, plus it's at the happiest place inn earth. The rides are pretty much walk on. There are villains out that you don't normally see. The fireworks and parade are amazing! I can't say enough about it!
Disney Princess
It will be my first time for the Halloween party and will be there 2 nights of the party. Should I get tickets for both nights? Is it worth it just in case I don't get to see and do everything the first night?
Shyleestar*
My family is planning on attending 2 of the parties during our stay. Which is a Tuesday and a Friday. Last year we went to 2 and felt like we were able to do and see everything we wanted to. Also if you get a Halloween party ticket I wouldn't get a regular day pass because you can get in to the parks 3 hours early.
Alaura
I agree with Shyleestar, you can skip the regular day ticket and sleep in and do a pool day.
DisneyDreamer
It is pricey to do two parties, but there are photo ops that you can't get any other time of the year with villains. We go every year and miss things since we spend time trick or treating and riding rides. We also get pictures at the launch bay since we often dress as a Star Wars family. The parade is unique to the party too. Also this year you'll be able to visit both parks and both will be decorated. Wow there's more to consider than I thought! Lol
Jenni
I was hesitant at first but now really excited to experience this unique Disney magic! Any tips to enjoy the parade? And are the fireworks right after or is there a different spot to view them?
MariaC
I've only done it once. What I liked from a Tuesday that I went was that the lines for the rides won't long and they gave a lot of Candy. I was bummed that I really didn't see any Villains walking around. You have to go to certain sections to take pictures with them. I loved watching entire families dress up. So cool! The only complain I've heard is that even though they close the park early, sometimes if the other park is rented out to a company they let them in too and it gets crowded. I wouldn't go on Fridays.
Does anyone know if you can come in costume for the entire day
M&M=Love
No, only for the party tickets.
bummer thanks for the info
M&M=Love
welcome. :-)
Firefly
Is it hard to view the Parade at the Halloween Party? Do you recommend the Parade viewing Dinner Package at Blue Bayou?
Paul
Last year the parade was really short. I believe was about 10 minutes if that. the headless horseman was at the star of the parade but was 10 minutes before the parade. hopefully it's better this year.
Vonnie
I just called disney and they said you most certainly can come dressed in costume the entire day, NOT just for party :)
I'm so excited to go on Halloween night. Trying to figure out what my husband and I should dress up as.
Pirate Wills
Yes it is. There is nothing like it.
Evangeline_5
Is it true that the parade runs twice during the evening?
Jenni
I looked at the week before we were going and it listed an 8:50 and 10:30 parade, headless horseman rides 10 min before. Fireworks at 9:30
Baylee17
The night for which we purchased tickets is now sold out. In your experiences, will it be too overcrowded to enjoy, or will it be cram packed and frustrating?
Vonnie
I've heard since there's only a certain amount of people it's usually not packed, like the wait times are 5 min or walk on!
DisneyNana
It's Not packed at all. Some areas get a little congested but completely manageable.
Pirate Wills
I agree with @DisneyNana. There are some parts that tend to be a little more populated but they limit the amount of tickets. It's not like regular days at all each time we've gone we don't wait long for rides. Plus trick or treating in the park is super cool
Shyleestar*
My family has been going the last few years and its definitely "crowded" but in all honesty we were able to do everything we wanted - including trick or treating, villains meet and greets, fireworks, parade, and rides. In fact we rode space mountain 3 times and only waited a total of 5 minutes. Rides are pretty much walk on.
Baylee17
Thanks, all! I appreciate your experience and perspectives. We thought if we got tickets earlier in the season, it would be less crowded. We have tickets for the second party and are surprised that it is sold out already.
Mike
ok here's a question I have tickets for disneyland Halloween party do I still need a park ticket to get into the park on top of the party ticket or no just the party ticket to get in?
Vonnie
just the party ticket will allow you in 3 hours before the party into either park. if you want to go earlier than 3 hours before then you'll need a regular ticket on top of the party ticket.
Jenni
We are using that morning before the party for a character breakfast and pool time! Maybe a little shopping in downtown :)
NapaJane
We did that too Jenni, slept in one day, did Ridemakerz, went to the parks at 3.
EvilQueen36
Surprised there are still dates in September that are still available
Rusteze
How bad is parking before the Halloween party?
Vinny+Sandy=Lucas
Very very worth it!
Leanne
I'm so excited to go to the Halloween party on Halloween night. I just got pieces for our costumes. I'm making them instead of spending a bunch of money on cheap costumes.
Sophiet1
If you have a park hopper and don't want to do the party you can go over to DCA when Disneyland closes.
Tattoo Mom
That's correct!
Tdakmom
yessssss, well worth it. they clear the park out and it is less crowded.
Mickey Bound
Halloween night going to be really busy.

Login to Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login with Facebook to Reply
Follow us on: