• facebook
  • twitter
  • contact us

Annual Pass discount

Forums > Disney Hotels > Annual Pass discount

Disneydreamer74
Is there always a reservation discount of at least 10% for annual pass holders to stay at a property hotel? I'm considering purchasing the cheapest pass in hopes of getting a hotel discount at the Grand Californian.
Mickey Bound
Have not actually seen discount for hotel lately. Just the specials they run for everyone. Pass holders generally get first shot at stuff and get discounts on food stuff you buy and discounts on Halloween party.
Disneydreamer74
The times that we stayed at the Disneyland Hotel and P. Pier I had an annual pass so I always got a discount, but the last time we stayed on property was like 4 yrs ago and never in December. I have a 5 hopper ticket already and was thinking of turning it into a pass, paying the difference, but only if I know I'm going to get at least a 10% discount, because this time we're finally staying at the Grand. This would save us at least $400 in my reservation only. If I add the discounts in food at the parks and merchandise purchases, I can potentially save $500!
Disneydreamer74
If the discount is of 20%, it would be $800 discount!
Mickey Bound
That's on stuff you buy. They used to have 10% on hotel 3 or 4 years ago. Have not seen that for awhile.
Disneydreamer74
Wow, there goes that plan. I will skip the whole pass idea.
Barbara - MPT Agent
Disneydreamer74, there are different Annual Passholder offers for discounted room rates throughout the year. The best discounts are for Sun-Thurs night stays and the higher category of room types. The Great Late Summer Package offer is available 8/6/17-9/28/17 at Grand Californian and the Disneyland Hotel.
Mickey Bound
But that is now available for general public. The benefit of pass holder is that you get the offer 5-10 days earlier than the general public. And sometimes you get extra stuff like fast passes or dining certificates.
Disneydreamer74
Sounds like I'm out of luck, because we arrive at the Grand on Dec 18 :( I don't see a discount.
Mickey Bound
Won't post discounts till maybe 2-3 months ahead of time. If you buy package or make reservations at standard price if it goes down and you call they are usually great about adjusting price.
Disneydreamer74
Thanks Mickey Bound. I will keep my eye open for the price change.

Login to Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login with Facebook to Reply
Follow us on: