• facebook
  • twitter
  • contact us

Which hotel?? Lol

Forums > Disney Hotels > Which hotel?? Lol

Phthomas10
Hi everyone! I've been browsing here for a while but never posted. Anyway. My wife and I are going to Disneyland this summer! We're huge Disney fans, and this is the first we will be there just the two of us. I'm having trouble choosing which hotel we should stay at. We've never stayed at the Grand, but I like the idea of its proximity to the parks. But...the theme and whimsy and decor of the Disneyland hotel is just so...Disney! Any suggestions and input is much appreciated! :)
Belle
I suggest splitting your stay. They will even transfer your bags for you. This way you could experience them both
M&M=Love
You can never go wrong with the original. DLH is so enveloping from the moment you get there till you leave. it is truely Disney for every moment. It is our favorite of the three properties on resort. Plus they have Trader Sam's, which has awesome food, great drinks and fantastic live authentic hawiian music in the evenings.
Minnie
Phthomas10....we have stayed at all 3 hotels and while they are all wonderful my favorite is the Grand! LOVE the proximity to the parks and Downtown Disney and our favorite was sitting out on the balcony that had a view of Calif Adventures and just relaxing! Just being at Disneyland is "magical" and I don't think you can go wrong with any of the resort hotels! Good luck with your decision and have a fun trip!!!
Deathbythebay
I think it will come down to how close you want to be. If you can afford the price pick the grand as you get a special entrance to the DCA. If you want straight disneybthemed stay go to Disneyland Hotel. If you want perks of getting in early a little cheaper without the over the top disney theme stay at Paradise Pier
Jenni
We picked DLH for the sheer history. Plus a middle ground on price and convenience.
Senior Micky
after two straight years at the Grand, we are headed back to DLH. we like both and my reason for switching this time is Trader Sam's and the Rum Dole Whip at the coffee shop. I know, kind of silly. we plan to hop the monorail to get to DL instead of walking through DTD. we have also stayed PP, but crossing the street to get to the parks makes it a no for someone that needs a cane.
Racetopia
Just got back from 3 nights at the dlh. Got put in the frontier tower so I never really went into the main tower except to check out. I think the pool is amazing, and having dole whip with in a stones throw was great. The walk to the park was a bit much for a 5yo, but the monorail was a life saver. The only issue is the line to ride it in the early afternoon was easily 40 minutes.
Phthomas10
Thank you all for your replies! Please keep 'em coming! Just the info and your own experiences are priceless information in helping us choose! :)
Deathbythebay
We just stayed at the Paradise Pier the dirst 3 nights then moved to the Grand Californian for our last night. You will do the most walking when staying at Paradise Pier as they make you go around to DLH to go through downtown Disney but you can still exit through Grand Cal when leaving which saves some time. The elevators can be rough as thir arent enough but staying on the tip floor made it easy in the morning.
Deathbythebay
The Grand California was the moat convenient with location but it was louder as our room looked out of DTD and Im a light sleeper and didnt sleep well. Changing hotels was super easy. They brought us and out bags over in the morning to check in. It was nice not doing the longer walks to the parks our last day there.

Login to Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login with Facebook to Reply
Follow us on: