• facebook
  • twitter
  • contact us

DCA Closing at 5:00

Forums > Disney California Adventure > DCA Closing at 5:00

Mickeyswife
Does anyone know why DCA is closing at 5:00 on November 21st??
ZipADeeDoDah
We went once around that time and they closed early for an employee only event. I wonder if that’s why? Now I’m curious. Lol.
Vonnie
hmmmm there's usually a Christmas special on TV every year. There's performances so maybe they will be filming for that???
Whoever
I can’t find anything online at this point. I would assume a private event of some sort. I will keep my ears open for any more news.
Mickeyswife
So I found out there’s a private event but have no clue what that may mean for crowds?? Are private events usually a big deal that cause massive crowds?
Whoever
In general, I have found that a park closing early will mean lower crowds in that park that day since people don’t want to waste a 1-day 1-park ticket on a park with short hours. However, the other park is often busier because people go to that park instead. If you have APs or park hopper tickets, I would spend that day at DCA, but make sure to hop over to DL at least an hour before DCA closes, because at 5:00 everyone is going to be park hopping. If it is just a private event like a company Christmas party, it shouldn’t have much of an impact on overall park visitors, but the early close will make the parks uneven and will make that evening busy at DL.
Mickeyswife
Thanks Whoever. Hopefully it’s just a company Christmas party and won’t be too bad.
Whoever
Susan - In general, it helps to ask questions on a related thread or a new thread. I believe that the only pass that needs reservations is the new Flex Pass.
Mickeyswife
Whoever have you been able to find out anything else about the “ private event” on November 21st? Wondering if it’s someone’s company Christmas party vs a Visa card event or Annual pass holder thing. TIA
Whoever
I wasn’t able to find anything out on my recent trip. I will be back again 11/8-10, so maybe closer to the date, there will be more info available.
Mickeyswife
Ok please let me know what you can find out.

Login to Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login with Facebook to Reply
Follow us on: