• facebook
  • twitter
  • contact us

Disney Magic

Forums > Disney California Adventure > Disney Magic

Whoever
My favorite part of this Disney trip: As my son and I were getting off the Guardians of the Galaxy (formerly Tower of Terror), I saw a boy who was crying. He was about 5-6 years old and had obviously been scared by the ride. I offered him his choice of Mickey Mouse or Star Wars stickers. He immediately stopped crying and reached out to give me a hug. Some people might think that I was the one to share some Disney magic, but I think that boy shared more with me. ??
Whoever
I bought some small booklets of Disney stickers in the birthday favor aisle at Walmart before our trip. So, each sheet of stickers costs maybe a quarter, but can be priceless for bringing a smile to a child’s face. I have shared some while waiting for meals. Another favorite was at the Orlando airport after a WDW trip. One little girl didn’t want to put her brand new Minnie doll in the bin to be scanned by security. She was crying and her mom was trying to figure out how to make this happen. I offered her some Minnie stickers if she would let Minnie go for a ride. Instantly, Minnie was in a bin and the girl was happy. The Mom was relieved. My kids are now 15 and 17, so I can’t solve their problems with stickers anymore, but they can work some serious magic with little kids.
DisneyNana
Whoever, you are the BEST! We’ll be at Disneyland in one week and I’m getting some stickers before our trip. I love paying it forward.
Marc
We were sitting outside waiting for my wife to finish changing the little boys diaper when I saw a lady with a buzz and woody light up ballon. I mention to my older boy that I know what his brother is going to want. And he told me a buzz ballon like that one. Then the lady started reaching into her stroller and I thought she was getting a diaper. But she untie the ballon and gave us that buzz ballon. I told her she didn’t have to do that. And she said that they have a few of them and her daughter won’t miss it. Didn’t magic at it best. I thanked her and the little boy was excited when he came out. If she reads this thank you again.
Marc
Should say Disney magic
Whoever
I ???????? spreading Disney magic. It is my favorite part of many trips. On a recent trip to WDW, we went on the Pirates and Pals Fireworks Cruise. I got a pirate sword for answering a Disney trivia question correctly. My 15-year-old suggested that we give the sword to a little boy on the boat. At the end, all of the kids were given loot and the boy got a sword, so we kept mine. But, I watched for a child who seemed to need some Disney magic. On the way back to our room, I saw a boy and Mom sitting on a bench. The boy was crying. It sounded a lot like my autistic son’s meltdowns. So, I approached and quietly asked the Mom if the boy could have the sword. She nodded. I knelt down and showed the boy the sword and told him that it was a pirate sword and that I was looking for a young pirate who needed a sword. He immediately stopped crying and started pointing out details about the sword. The Mom was so relieved and she gave me a hug. I have had my kids have meltdowns at Disney. I have had amazing cast members who stepped in to try to help. So many other places I get nasty looks when my kids meltdown. So, I know how amazing it is when another parent “gets it” and manages to help. My kids are older teens. We didn’t need the plastic sword. It would just be clutter at home. But, it was magic for that little boy.
Whoever
Those ??? should be hearts.
disneybound
Such thoughtful gestures! I love hearing about people sharing their magic and enriching the community.
ZipADeeDoDah
Awww you guys are making me tear up!!! It’s so nice to hear these stories, it reminds why the Disney community is so special!! We all just want to share the magic with our families, and strangers as well! Patience and compassion are an amazing thing to share with another person. I feel like some groups tend to focus on negative energy towards kids in the parks, but we were all kids once. Those kids are tomorrow’s “grown up” Disney fans. :)
Pixie dust
I absolutely love reading stories like this. I was on the Disneyland railroad and a little girl about ten came aboard. While she stepped on her shoe caught and she fell hard. She started to cry. I felt so bad I gave her a few minutes then gave her a princess pin and told her she would make her feel better. She stopped crying and hugged her pin. I love spreading Disney Magic
Whoever
That is awesome Pixie Dust.

Login to Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login with Facebook to Reply
Follow us on: