• facebook
  • twitter
  • contact us

Mickey bday& StarWars opening

Forums > Disney California Adventure > Mickey bday& StarWars opening

52mouse
I'm courious, anyone else think next summer is going to be crazy with Micky turning 90 and Star Wars opening? I want to go for both reasons, but I think the crowds will be awful. Thoughts.....
Evil Queen
I'm skipping next year all together! it will most definitely be crazy crowded.
Mamaof12
Skipping it too. Don’t even want to deal with the madness lol
Disney Mom
Isn’t Mickey turning 90 this Nov? Online says he turns 90 this year. Is it supposed to be busy because of that next year? I knew star wars would be.
heffurtink
I have also read numerous places that Mickey turns 90 this year and ABC is doing a special about him. We too are taking 2019 off. I'm bumbed but with my adult son who lives with Autism it would be just too much. We are excited to read and watch all about it. I have never been a die hard Star Wars fan so the wait wont be the end of the world for me. We are thinking of trying to go someplace else where we can incorporate Disney in.
Mamaof12
Heffurtink. If you come up with some ideas I bet we’d all like to hear them. We are trying to find some alternatives too. We have a son who deals with autism also.
52mouse
Don't quote me but I've heard Star Wars doesn't open until the end of June. So if you go before that, and say that's your summer visit. That might work.
Fatima N
I’m gonna try it out guys! see if I can handle it!
Disney Mom
We already planned our trip for next year. Turns out it may be the exact week Star Wars opens
NapaJane
Sounds like I'm with the majority, letting our APs expire this year and taking a break next year. I will miss it, but not sure I can deal with Star Wars.
DisneyNana
We are big Star Wars fans and are so looking forward to the new section. That being said I’m not sure we’ll go to the park those first few months. I want to but I can’t even handle week after Christmas crowds.
SassySue
Doing the same, letting AP expire and will do something else next year. Plus, I haven’t taken the time to figure out which pass will be best with the blocking of parks, etc. Who knows what changes will be in store for 2020 when Marvel opens?
PirateQueenRaval
I'd do it. If next year is my only or most recent chance to get back to Disneyland then I would deal with it. Gotta do crazy things while I am young.
Sophiet1
We will be battling the crowds end of Dec 2019/early Jan 2020. I know it will be insane being Christmas as well as Galaxy's Edge opening but I still can't wait!!
Abigail
We are going to do a 4 night Disney cruise, starting on March 20. Then we are going to spend a couple of days exploring San Diego instead od heading to Disneyland. I guess we are going to skip 2019, too.
DisNerd Girl
We are skipping 2019, and talking a WDW trip in spring of 2020. Our AP’s will expire in February 2019- they only way I am going is if it’s before SWGE opens. Any word on if they are going to charge a separate admission to Galaxy’s Edge?
Nano
If you all are not going it might not be that crowded !!!
Sophiet1
Haha, I was thinking the same thing!
heffurtink
Interesting thought Nano. Maybe I should rethink 2019
~Disneyfan~
Let’s just say I’m not going to renew my AP for next year. Save some $$ and try another time.
NapaJane
Ours expire 12/13, we aren't renewing either. That being said, I know I will jump down there for a weekend and some point next year, maybe spring before it opens.
MrBaub
Not sure if we’ll renew our APs either. It’s going to be an absolute mess. Especially if they close Tomorrowland for the rumored makeover.
NapaJane
Oh yikes, that would be awful. I'm sad, but the AP I get has so many block out dates now, I think I will pick 3 days to go down and it would costs less. haha
Mickey Bound
Talked to cast member he says all employee passes and such are blocked out starting May next year so he thinks they are shooting for May 4
NapaJane
I better make some plans for April then. LOL
DisNerd Girl
I was thinking that they would shoot to open it May the 4th! Can you imagine the lines tho! still it’s going to be so cool once the crowds go down.
Senior Mickey
Does anyone know exactly when Star Wars will be opening? Trying to decide if going March 24 to 29 (after my birthday cruise on the Disney Wonder) would be too crazy there.
Sophiet1
Definately won't be open in March
Mickey Bound
No march but talked to CM that said their passes blocked out starting right around beginning of May. Wonder if they might be trying to get it open by May 5th
Disney Dave
Back to Mickey's 90th. His 90th birthday is November 18th. Disney will spend a year celebrating it so that is why most of the celebration will occur in 2019.
Senior Mickey
We couldn't find anything with Mickey's 90th on it. Usually the crystal places will have mugs that you can get engraved...We have so many, dating back years. I was a little disappointed, even though I do not need one more mug in my cabinet!
'Ello Poppet
Im going in 2020 plus it gives me time to save !! Im skipping 2019 all together lol
DisNerd Girl
Sounds like Star Wars opens sometime in June. Turns out I get to use my AP one more time, bust before the pixie dust fades! So I will be there in 2019 (February and again in December for my birthday!). Excited to see the park done up for Mickey’s Birthday! Annnnnd I will get to see SWGE. Still waiting to hear if they will charge a separate admission for Star Wars....

Login to Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login with Facebook to Reply
Follow us on: