• facebook
  • twitter
  • contact us

World of Color

Forums > Disney California Adventure > World of Color

ropedroptofireworks
Has there been an update on World of Color starting again? Last I read was "later in the year".
52mouse
All I've hear is fall.
Pixie dust
Whatever broke I guess was a really big problem. A friend of my daughter just came back from Disneyland and was told it may not come back at all this year. This is just hearsay I do not know if it’s correct
Diane - DIO Moderator
I’m going to move this to the Disney California Adventure forum.
ropedroptofireworks
ok thank you Diane
Amanda :-)
I had heard “late 2018”
SassySue
I would imagine they would try to get it up and running for Christmas/Holidays opening November 9th. If that’s not possible they would wait until after the first of the year?? What a nightmare for Disney & planning their schedules.
Lombardo7
Any update on world of color? Will it be there for Christmas?
DisneyPrincess
Any update?
Dismom
It still says opening late 2018 as far as I can find
Minniemouse
My mom just tried to make a reservation for a dining package for WOC for Dec 29th and they told her it’s not up until next year. So at least for now they aren’t saying it’s open yet. I’m hoping that will change as we get closer to the holidays. Ya never know...
Pixie dust
I missed it so much my last visit. I think it’s one of my very favorite things to see
XyroNight
I’m hoping when I go in May it will be back up and running!!
Dismom
I have a friend who runs world of color there. It’s going to be at least late spring before it’s up and running again.
Senior Mickey
Dismom, I guess March 15 to 20 is out of the question to see WOC.
Tink
What’s wrong? Why is it taking so long?
Dismom
There is a control room that sits underwater and it was completely flooded and ruined the equipment which is big BIG $$$ down the drain
DisNerd Girl
Oh wow!!! That is horrible Dismom! I have been to the parks so many times and still haven’t seen it from up close. We did view it from the Grand Californian once but it wasn’t anything special from that far away.
Dismom
It really is very unfortunate. So many people are missing it!!
Dismom
I’m sure people have seen by now but I did see they finally posted an opening date of 4/13/19
Lauren McCarthy
Thank you Dismom!
XyroNight
Where do you go to see that info about the WOC opening?
Dismom
The vlogers “Life Disney and Beyond” posted it on their most recent video on YouTube. I have not yet confirmed with my friend that runs the show yet.
Dismom
Now that I’ve done a little more looking around I wonder if they got some info wrong cause I see it CLOSED 4/13/18
XyroNight
On their vlog in the description they edited and said the information about WOC opening in April was not correct and that it’s supposed to open in the spring sometime.
Dismom
Ahhh ok. Glad they cleared that up.
Tattoo Mom
It looks like end of February there are dates available now for the dining package and desert party.
Dismom
Oooo! Thanks Tattoo Mom!
DisneyDarcy
I saw that it’s rumored to be coming back 2/22/19.
Dismom
Cool!

Login to Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login with Facebook to Reply
Follow us on: