• facebook
  • twitter
  • contact us

Monsters after dark

Forums > Disney California Adventure > Monsters after dark

Pixie dust
Has anyone been to this last year. I’ve heard it’s fantastic and that they close guardians every night between 5-6 to swap it to monsters. Is it every night or just during the Halloween party times. Also how does it change. Is it the entire story or just a little and how did you like it. I’m super excited to experience this version of the ride. Thank you
SassySue
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/attractions/disney-california-adventure/guardians-galaxy-mission-breakout-after-dark/. Here’s a blurb a found on Disney’s site. I believe it opens the entire Halloween Time Sept 7-Oct 31
heffurtink
Oh Wow!! How cool! I was excited to try out Guardians since it changed from Tower Of Terror but now we get a two for....
Pixie dust
It’s supposed to be fantastic I can’t wait lol
Evil Queen
me too, I'm excited!
disney.mom
i never even went on tower of terror but my daughter wants to go on this ride i just cant let her do it alone lol this trip is to spend time together in our favorite place so im going to have to man up lol but im so scared
Pixie dust
Disney Mom it’s soooooo fun. I was scared to death my first time now I adore it
PirateQueenRaval
I am sure you'll have a great time disney.mom!
disney.mom
thanks yall we will see haha
Menehune
We experienced both last year and we loved it! I highly recommend it. I wish it would change every night.
disneybonnie
I agree with Menehune. I wish it would change every night too! It’s so fun!
DisNerd Girl
I cannot wait! I didn’t know it changed at all until this thread! Thanks for the intel!
Evil Queen
does anyone know what time the fast passes change over to monsters after dark this year?
Mamaof12
I think 5 cuz they were closed til 5 to switch. Not sure if it’s the same everyday tho
Evil Queen
im trying to figure out when i can get a fast pass for it. I read some where that last year the fast passes started at 3pm and were gone by 4pm but I cant find any info on this year.
Evil Queen
thank you mamaof12
Mamaof12
You’re welcome ! The ride isn’t really a lot different after dark. They pretend monsters are loose and the story line is changed and so is the music. I was just afraid something was going to jump out at us in the dark. It’s a fun ride st any time. Enjoy !!
Evil Queen
lol...mamaof12 thats funny!
Mamaof12
I was nervous through the whole cue !
Pixie dust
I’m so excited for this ride. My son and his wife did it last year and said it was fantastic
Evil Queen
me too pixie dust, I'm so ready!
heffurtink
OMStars!!! This ride day and night is my new favorite. It is soooo much fun. We went on it 3 times during the day and once after dark.
Senior Mickey
heffurthink, glad to hear I'm not the only one who will go on 3x every day!
Evil Queen
it was fun but I prefer the day time version
Evil Queen
also I found that the best time to get a max pass to get the after dark version was around 2pm each day
Pixie dust
Thank you for that great information
Evil Queen
I hope you have too much fun!
Pixie dust
Thank you are you home yet
Evil Queen
yes unfortunately we got home Saturday...time to start planning our next trip.
NapaJane
me too, home Saturday, booked hotel for end of November today.
Pixie dust
Start saving Evil Queen it will be here before you know it I’m glad you had a great time
Evil Queen
:)
MrBaub
Yeah it’s pretty awesome. Gotta do it.

Login to Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login with Facebook to Reply
Follow us on: