• facebook
  • twitter
  • contact us

Rapids Ride

Forums > Disney California Adventure > Rapids Ride

Disneydreamer74
Is the Rapids Ride open in December? We'll be there Dec 17-21 and my son doesn't mind getting wet in the cold weather. It would be a bummer if it's closed.
Disney Dave
We go the first week in December and we have only seen it running a couple times the past 10 years. I know if it is cold it is definitely not running.
Disneydreamer74
Thanks Disney Dave. Hopefully it'll be running.
Disney Dave
It is strange because Splash Mountain is always running at that time. December might be it's refurbishment time.
Disneydreamer74
Thanks Disney Dave, at least now I know Splash Mountain will be open, I was wondering about that one.
Disney Dave
If you do not mind the cold, ride Splash Mountain late in the evening. Sometimes there is no line.
Disneydreamer74
Disney Dave, we used to live in CA now we've lived in ID for 3.5 yrs. Mid December it's about 10 to 2 degrees here, so getting a little wet in Cali in 50 to 40 degree weather isn't too bad:)
DisneyHolly
We always go from around Dec 26th till Jan 10th and it has always been open. I think it closes for refurb around the middle of January usually
Disneydreamer74
Good to hear DisneyHolly:)
Mr toad
We always go in December and it's always open
Disneydreamer74
Mr toad, that's awesome. I'm sure the lines are shorter too.
DisneyHolly
You also don't seem to get as wet as you do in the warmer months which is good.
Marc
A little secret. They can control the flow of water on the ride. And yes you will get less wet in the winter months than the summer months
Mr toad
The lines are short disneydreamer74 on splash mountain too last year they let us stay on and go again I suggest a poncho tho we get the disposable ones at Walmart for a dollar each
Disneydreamer74
Marc, nice to know, because the one that doesn't care about getting completely drenched in the cold, me not so much. Mr toad, I didn't know Wal-Mart sold these ponchos.
Mama Bear
We rode it last December, and two of us got drenched! Luckily, I had packed a change of clothes for all of us that day :) Don't forget they have free lockers to keep your stuff dry while you are riding!
Disneydreamer74
Mama Bear, the only reason I don't mind being drenched in the December coldness, is because we're staying at the Grand Californian :)
Disneyland Dog 8-9-69
Same Disneydreamer74, staying at the grand is just so convenient when you're planning on riding GRR. We typically ride it late afternoon and go back to our room to change and rest before the end of the day trip to the parks.
Disneydreamer74
Disneyland Dog 8-9-69, that's the plan. Usually when we go in the Spring we wear our wet clothes until they dry, now we'll just walk to our room at the Grand:)

Login to Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login with Facebook to Reply
Follow us on: