• facebook
  • twitter
  • contact us

HOW CAN I ENJOY THE NEW GUARDIANS?

Forums > Disney California Adventure > HOW CAN I ENJOY THE NEW GUARDIANS?

grandmadizny
I am trying to be positive about the new Guardians of the Galaxy, but I am not into Marvel and don't know anything about it's story lines, characters, nothing. How can I enjoy it? I'm worried I'll be feeling the same way when Star Wars Land opens.
I?Disney
My thoughts EXACTLY. I want to be positive but I'm just not into Guardians or Star Wars.
Racetopia
That's the wonderful think about Disneyland. There is something for everyone. You might not get it but others will. I personally couldn't care any less for gotg. But Star Wars is right up my alley.
Racetopia
Er thing
MariaC
Dear Grandmadizny, when the 1st movie came out, I was just like you that I didn't know the characters or story lines. All I knew that it was my brothers favorite comic. I don't see previews either. I saw the movie and I laughed out loud many times. I think you should watch part 1 first. No need to know about the characters or story lines. Didn't really know who Chris Pratt was, but I think he was perfect for the character. :)
MariaC
As for Star Wars, my favorite is return of the Jedi. I'm ok with Disney adding the Star Wars land and adding Marvel rides. Who better than Disney to bring the joy of the characters to life. I love Disneyland because Adults are like kids. And like Racetopia said, the parks have something for everyone. I hope you and others give it a chance. :)
Acceso
Well the first way to enjoy it is to have an open mind and give it a chance. Maybe watch the movie once, it's worth it. I had no idea who the Guardians Of The Galaxy were but the movie was much better than i expected. Not every ride is for everyone, but they can still be enjoyable if you let them. It's all about your attitude.
Mickey Bound
I have watched movie 2 times and it is funny. Looking forward to ride myself. Ride based on a twilight zone show is just outdated.
grandmadizny
MariaC, Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try to see the first one before I go. As for Star Wars, I didn't like the first one so never watch any others. Thanks everyone for responding, and letting me know I'm not alone.
Mickey Bound
Grandmasizny if you are talking about the one with darth Vader as a kid that is not a great movie. If that is the one I suggest you try watching the fourth movie. That is the original starwars movie.
DisneyNana
Love all the comments. MariaC, I completely agree with you. I knew nothing of The Guardians of the Galaxy but I am a fan of the movies and I am as excited about the 2nd movie coming out as I am when a new Star Wars movie premiers. Racetopia, love your comment "there is something for everyone at Disneyland". So true!!
DisneyNana
I hate to admit it but I never went on TOT. Too big a chicken!! Our last trip I was going to give it a try but lines were just so long. But being a fan of GOTG I'll have to give the new ride a try.
MariaC
DisneyNana, I'm taking my brother to Disneyland because his Favorite Comic growing up was Guardians Of The Galaxy. He to never rode TOT, but I can't for him to ride the new ride. So excited! I'm definitely buying the picture. :)
DisneyNana
MariaC, I hope you and your brother enjoy the ride and have a wonderful time.
Brian
Not a fan of Marvel or the newer movies definitely wish TOT was still there. Gonna be there in a few weeks I'll give it a shot though.
grandmadizny
Brian please post and let us know ow what you think. I'm very interested.
Queen B
The new promo Disney posted on instagram, I thought was GREAT, it made me get a excited for Guardians! I'm not a big marvel fan, but Guardians is an entertaining movie to me.
Alaura
The best thing about Disneyland is everything they do is amazing. I love the Mr Toads Wild Ride, Star Tours, and the original TOT and I have never seen any of those movies(tv episodes). I have a feeling that there will be something for everyone because that's what Disney is all about
Msnaye73
If you don't know anything about Guardians, get in line and talk to the nearest 10-14 year old kid in line. Tell them you want to learn what Guardians is about. You will be a master by the time you get to the front of the line. LOL
Pixie dust
I'm not at all into marvel or really sci fi stuff much at all but because of this ride I watched the first movie and it was pretty good. I went to the theater with my kids to see the new volume 2 and I absolutely loved it. I really can't wait to see the ride.
Brian
@grandmadizny.... will do!
grandmadizny
Have a great time Brian! Can't wait to hear back!
MrBaub
The Guardians ride is awesome

Login to Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login with Facebook to Reply
Follow us on: