• facebook
  • twitter
  • contact us

Disneyland Should Buy More Land?

Forums > Disney California Adventure > Disneyland Should Buy More Land?

CarsFan112
You Know why? for Toy story Land, Or More Star Wars Land???
Disneygal
toy story land would be AWESOME
Mary
I dont think there is a lot to buy due to location. But I think they need to revamp some of the space they have in tomorrow land and toon town. I think toy story would be awesome.
Finding disney
I think they should take out toon town and do something with that space.
Pixie dust
I agree Mary there is a lot of wasted space in tomorrow land and it would be great if they would update it
William Henry
Maybe if they put back the people mover that was great and some of the old that we saw when we were young
Disneygal
i agree william henry i have been saying they should bring back the people mover
Rae
Toon Town could be turned into Toy Story land and just start from scratch with Tomorrowland. Tomorrowland is suffering big time.
M&M=Love
Tomorrowland could be reimagined with other movies. Things like Wreck it Ralph, Meet the Robinson's, Wall-e, Big Hero 6. Lots of missed opportunity I think.
Disneygal
someone should contact Disney and pitch the toy story land idea
Finding disney
I would love a toy story land. I know a lot if people are excited for Star Wars land but I have never even seen one movie. I have no interest in it so some other disney related land would be really nice.
Acceso
They're making a Toy Story Land at Disney world. So the seeds have been planted. guarantee if it does well they'll find a way to implement it out here.
Disneyland Dog 8-9-69
Tomorrowland definitely needs an update. I get the feeling that they are planning something for after Star Wars land is completed. Toy story land would be awesome!
Senior Micky
we went on People Mover at WDW 2 years ago. it was so much fun to be on it again. they should bring it back, especially since it goes through Space Mountain.
Disneydreamer74
There's literally no land to buy around the entire park! It's surrounded by hotels, apartments, etc. It is what it is.
Marc
Everyone has a price!!
DisneyNana
If they only knew 50 years ago how popular Disneyland would become I'm sure Disney would own all of Anaheim.
Disneydreamer74
DisneyNana, you're right. This is it for Disneyland as far as land. All they can really do is keep changing what they already have.
GoldenMel
Actually, you might be surprised to find out how much land Disney owns in the area. They own a lot more than meets the eye.
Chipper314
What they possibly should have done, in my opinion, was to leave Disneyland/California Adventure alone. Build a brand new marvel/Star Wars park. Even if it's miles and miles away, another state, ANYWHERE, instead of transforming the original parks to fit what comic fans want.
M&M=Love
Chipper314, you hit the nail right on the head. That's all I'm going to say.
Disneyland Dog 8-9-69
So true.
Mom2aMinnie
chipper 34 you are exactly right. disney, star wars and marvel are three separate entities. however each has a large, I mean enormous following. I would like to know how disney even discussed crowd concerns when starting to think about making a star wars land.
Chipper314
I'm not a Star Wars fan whatsoever but I realize it's a HUGE drawing and has a ton of fans. I just would have liked If disney created a whole new park with Star Wars/marvel rides and characters there, instead of detroying Disney park favorites. That is all.
Twizzy
what's funny is I'm a huuuuuge Star Wars fan, but totally not a fan of it being at Disney... agree it should totally have its own park somewhere... to me it just somehow doesn't fit... literally and figuratively :)
William Henry
They should bring back the bear jamboree and people mover
DisneyNana
I completely agree they should bring back Bear Jamboree. It was a favorite. This is only MY opinion but I don't think Adventures of Pooh is worth losing Bears. That being said Pooh Corner needed a Pooh ride and it is pure Disney.
Brian
Buy more land where? Lol.
Queen B
I had the same exact opinion about the bear jamboree...until I recently went to WDW and watched it and realized how outdated it is. It made me feel like it's better as a memory than as an actually show... lol
Jw690
With the new Star Wars land, the crowds are going to be off the chart. So busy probably won't be able to get in after 10 o'clock
Walter Cruz
Toy story land is only for Disney world
Jenni
What happened to the rumors of another park somewhere in like Texas or something?
M&M=Love
There is still much speculation about Texas. Disney owns lots of land in Texas but it has been purchased under different entities. The weather is predominately nice in the San Antonio area and Texas would besplitting the difference from California to Florida.
Brian
Yeah,Texas isn't happening.
Camby
They need to use the giant parking lot next to Paradise Pier Hotel. Maybe even knock it down. And get rid of the whole Paradise Pier section of DCA. Such a waste of space. Except for Toy Story Mania you can get all that other stuff at any carnival that comes through your town. Come on, this is Disney. I want to see some better theming. All that water? For what? World of Color? Boring!! We already have Fantasmic. And it's waaaaaaay better. Disney needs to trim the dead wood.
Disneyland Dog 8-9-69
Camby I get where you're coming from about not needing paradise pier, but I mostly disagree. Not only does Disney not need to get rid of it, but if they did then California adventure as a whole would lose too much of its charm and personality to be as enjoyable as it is right now. Paradise pier is probably the signature area of that park, and one of the most picturesque spots in the entire resort. California Screamin' is also one of the best and smoothest roller coasters in all of California. Then there's mickeys funwheel and the silly symphony swings which provide and awesome Disney spin on classic boardwalk rides. Goofys sky school is one of my favorite rides in the park too. Also, that area of the park is excellently themed and a great area to enjoy California adventure, but it also helps to soak up crowds. And you can't get rid of the little mermaid ride or the cove bar/ Ariels grotto!! World of color is also DCAs only nighttime show, even though I personally don't enjoy it at all. Overall, I don't see why Disney would get rid of paradise pier, even though I guess it would be fine to expand DCA behind it.

Login to Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login with Facebook to Reply
Follow us on: