• facebook
  • twitter
  • contact us

Soarin: California vs World

Forums > Disney California Adventure > Soarin: California vs World

"E" Ticket
Which one is better and why? Soarin California or World?
MrBaub
Haven't seen world yet except for on YouTube but it's gonna be hard to beat SOC.
Bossy22
I prefer California. I found it fit together better. I also preferred the scents. Both are amazing though!!!
7 Disney Nuts
I look forward to seeing world in Dec. can't imagine it beating Cal though
Disneyland Dog 8-9-69
Honestly I liked them about the same.maybe world was a bit better. The destinations in world were far better than California, an those transitions in world were amazing!!! But the scents in California were much better. (You literally smelled African elephants in world.) also I think the music was a little better in California but in world it kinda changed for each area which was good for feeling more immersive but it made the destinations feel a lot more disconnected and almost random.
Dionne:)
ive yet to decide..hopefully in Sep.but for sure in Nov. ill get back to u!
StacieP
California was good but we liked soaring over the world. The view of Paris was fantastic. The smells were neat too. It is a nice change.
Disneygirl303
I'm sure It will be amazing but you can never beat the original
MahiDefrancia N MelissaKane
Love the World. Rode it 3 times on our last day!
DisneyPrincess
I really liked soaring around the world
MariaC
I like them both, but I like the smells from Sourin over California.
PirateQueenRaval
I just watched the Soarin Over the World through YouTube and loved it. I agree the editing was choppier than California but the landmarks and animals were incredible. Both are amazing films but I think I like the world better a bit more. I am biased however since I live in CA and can explore my state whenever, whereas I can't travel outside of CA as easily. Also I loved that the pyramids were in it (I love Egyptology). I can't comment on the smells though as there were none when I went on Soarin Over CA and I don't know which scents are on the world version.
Finding disney
I just rode it yesterday and I liked the world but I prefer California.
Mamaof12
World was scary for me. More heights that I didn't like. It was cool tho when I opened my eyes
Pixie dust
I'm a huge fan of the original version but I must admit I was really impressed with the new version. I got to see things I will never in my life experience and very close up. I thought it was pretty cool.
Mith38
I am with Pixie dust. We enjoyed the original but really like the new world version.
Angel
World is beautiful but I missed the smells of California. They seemed to be more prominent than the new ones. But the screen and video upgrades are very nice. You can't see the individual squares of the screens anymore so it feels more real. Since they have two screens, I hope they will offer both in the future.
WishWaltWasHere
I loved both. The only thing I noticed was that California was mostly actual filmed shots, but World was Computer Imaging. Also, we were in section C, and when they showed the Eiffel Tower, it was really curved because of the angle we were seeing it from. Even though, we really enjoyed it.
Sprint21
Yes we love both as well. But it is true the section c Eiffle tower is really curved as well as the flag pole in disneyland. Rode sectiin b it was awsome! Didn't ride section a.
~Disneyfan~
The "C" in DCA is for CALIFORNIA, why not keep to the theme park of D"C"A?
Senior Micky
like California better. rode World two or three times, just to be sure I wasn't being a stick in the mud about not liking it. waiting in line music is now the best thing about it. wish they had redone California, but with different areas. maybe the could do Soaring over the United States.
D1sn3yl0v3
I think the world one is boring and I miss the California version it was much better! Hoping they decide to change it back somewhere down the line
THE3LINGS
California is better
Finding disney
I prefer the California one
Mickey Bound
Guess I am in minority I like seeing the world one. Will never get to places it shows so I like it.
NapaJane
I really like the World too Mickey Bound. just think the ride itself is pretty cool!
DisneyNana
I'm with Mickey Bound and NapaJane. I like the World. The first time we went on it we immediately got FastPass to ride it again. And as you said, it shows so many places I'll never see.
Megan
I liked the California one. I think the smells are better too.
Janessa Jean Chrisp
I personally like World better. We had always heard about the smells for California but never noticed anything different. World just gives you so much more. The one thing I don't like about World is that it could be a straight route instead of jumping all over the place. That's the one qualm I have. One reason I didn't like World is because it always ended at Christmas time. While that's fine during the holidays, I don't want to think about Christmas in March or Middle of summer.
Jw690
California, by far!!
ZipADeeDoDah
I preferred the world version. I know, I'm way in the minority.
Mickey Bound
I vote for world
I like seeing the world but enjoy soaring over California
Disney2017
I loved them both equally
Pirate Family
We enjoyed the original better. It fits with the theme of the park.
Disneygirl1212
I love them both, BUT. They should have World on one side and California on the other. And they need to be a bit longer.
Mickey Bound
I think they have long term plans for changing it a lot.
Sunbear
California
DisneyNana
Rode Soaring again today and I Love World. Just so many wonderful places that I'll never see. And I love the smells.
Pam
I really like World but unless you sit in the middle everything leans. And I really miss the river rafting
disney121826
I love them both but prefer California a little more. So true. Depending on where you're sitting, some scenes in World do lean.
THE3LINGS
California
Bganjifard
California made me cry
DisneyDreamer
California version was like a visit to the spa. I miss it dearly. The World version is good but I don't like the smell of grass. They should switch it up once in a while like bringing back the electric light parade with the paint the night.
Pixie dust
I liked the smells of California better but I like the pictures of world better either way it's a fantastic ride
LaKe'sha
i think DCA should have kept SOC while WDW did SOW. California is to big to give one place to do it justice. thats why its called Disney California Adventure, and not worlds adventure
Disneygirl1212
Disneygir1212... I think they should have SOC on one side and SOW on the other so you can pick which one you want to go on..is that a good idea ?? .
GrumpyCurtis
Both are good, just thought the world should have had the Grand Canyon in it.
rukkus
enjoyed both of them. it would be wonderful if the could split the theatre and show both
THE3LINGS
Soarin California
Bec
I loved Souring CA and love the new Souring. Keeps us guessing, and I love Disney for that
Phthomas10
I enjoyed both...I think the only thing I missed was the smell of the oranges as you flew over the groves lol
Priscilla
We have never seen the California one but we did have the chance for the first time to see The World one and my Husband and I and our 6 year old Daughter were blown away!!!!! It was amazing. So thrilled we could give our daughter that experience.
Disneygal
i miss california but enjoy world the one thing about world is i will never go to most of the places in world so it's one way to see them
DisneyHolly
I loved the California version but can't wait to ride the World version so I can see Sydney my home city :)
I prefer Soarin over California. They could always update by adding some new destinations.
Lu
don't remember being wow'd at WDW. it I love the California version. Rode it twice so far. it's so peaceful and they have added scents.
In my opinion they are both great versions. To me its the ride that I love. Feeling like your flying, having the smells to make it seem more real.
Kristine
I prefer California. I miss the smells of the orange groves and ocean

Login to Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login with Facebook to Reply
Follow us on: