• facebook
  • twitter
  • contact us

Frustrations

Forums > DIO Guest Relations > Frustrations

SarahAnne
I find it very frustrating that people post things quite often with terrible grammar, go off on rants, or have borderline arguments on these feeds but aren't edited and I post a paragraph that isn't in the exact form a moderator likes so she edits it. Also I tried to ask about this on the post and she deleted my question. Thanks for the disappointment in this app and community. Especially considering I always try to edit my posts and provide good information. I have quite a lot of it and in no way am trying to step on anyone's toes or toot my own horn. It really makes you not want to converse with anyone or try to help anyone else. That's what most of my comments are nowadays, answering questions.
E's Mom
Wow SarahAnne! I'm so surprised bcuz you DO have great info and with a lot of Disney spirit. Hang in there! Even if we just will learn more through your comments/answers; we will benefit. I believe the large percentage of the DIO visitors are the 1st timers who benefit from your knowledge. I make a lot of errors and am corrected by other DIOers. But it's just my view/experience/opinion. C'est la vie. One of my favorite replies is, "I stand corrected." I think I learned that phrase in 3rd grade. It serves me well. You've got a friend in me, SarahAnne. I'm sorry you were slighted.
SarahAnne
I completely understand wanting to keep things neat and tidy. There's a difference between that and editing someone's post because you don't like how it was formatted. She didn't move it to a different place just edited it and deleted my question. I posted in feedback too but maybe you can tell me. How do I unblock someone? I just blocked her and looking back I'd rather post. Often I figure it's not worth my time but an admin chasing me off just really isn't my style. Thank you for the response, I appreciate it as well as how quickly you did so.
SarahAnne
Haha thank you E's Mom! Much appreciated! I don't like being wrong but I know I can be just like anyone else. We all have our moments. I am not one for unnecessary confrontation but I will say something if I think it should be said. I just thought that that situation was distasteful.
E's Mom
I hear ya, sister. I'm sorry tho. I didn't mean that you were ever wrong. I was striving to mean it was probably a DIO error. I hope it all can be remedied.
Disney Jenn - DIO
SarahAnne, I am sorry to hear of your frustration. As I started at the beginning of that thread I would be editing it as it went along. There are a few threads on the board that can be harder to read. First and foremost we are a planning board. The characters thread is one of those planning tools. I by no means meant to make you feel frustrated. As for the question you asked, my thread above yours was not directed toward you, it was just a reminder for everyone. I didn't mean to make you feel unwelcome or targeted. I hope you can read this post since you have blocked me. Feel free to email me directly at Jennifer.ann.matuska@gmail.com
SarahAnne
Thank you Diane, I was happy for your response and effort you took to move it along. E's Mom, I didn't take it that way. Just meant that I'm not perfect either! In this case I don't believe I misstepped.
SarahAnne
Thank you! I haven't been able to locate a way to search for someone I have already blocked though. Maybe this is easier on a computer.
SarahAnne
No, when I block someone I can't see any of the posts, comments, or anything.
Disney Jenn - DIO
I tried to message her to see if that helps. Diane, please ask her to check her messages.
SarahAnne
Thank you again! Appreciate the help. Feels kind of petty but it was important to me this time.
SarahAnne
That is true! Would be hard to respond to the original post from there though so I think I'll wait for now.

Login to Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login with Facebook to Reply
Follow us on: