• facebook
  • twitter
  • contact us

will bars serve you with the temporary paper license?

Forums > Dining at Disney > will bars serve you with the temporary paper license?

Evil Queen
im freaking out! I just found out my husbands license expires on tuesday and he is just renewing it today. they issue you a temporary paper one and mail the actual one, unfortunately it can take 2 weeks for the actual one to come in the mail and our trip is in 9 days. luckily the airlines except the paper one but we were looking forward to trader sams and enjoying drinks at lamplight. has this ever happened to anyone else?
heffurtink
This isnt exactly the same but we renewed my sons license just before we headed to Seattle for Special Olympics USA games where he competed this summer. We brought his passport and his temporary license. He had no problem getting on the plane. Although he doesnt drink he was able to show his temporary license everywhere we went to get into places where there was drinking and an ID required. Our friend who does drink had no problem using his temporary ID. He did bring another form of ID that showed his face and name just to be safe.
Poisoned Apple
It’s a toss up I think depending largely on where you are and who is serving. We came up against this a couple years ago with my older son. He was 25 but his wallet was lost a week before the trip and he had a paper temporary. Airport no issue, airport bar no issue, Carthay Circle Lounge would not serve him. Storyteller did, as did Whitewater snacks. Wine Country Trattoria would not. Our experience was pretty hit and miss with it. If he has a second photo ID(military) it should not be a problem but it’s up to the individual place I think.
Evil Queen
thank you guys, he also has the expired license so hopefully that works.
Fatima N
Maybe take this passport too?? If he has one !
Evil Queen
he doesn't have one and it's too late to get one. its so frustrating this was the one aspect of the trip that I didnt have control over and it is the one aspect that is all messed up. husbands...lol
Poisoned Apple
Lol! I feel ya! My husband’s license expired this February but since he had moved here in December after retiring(we lived 3hrs one way from his job so we kept an apartment in that area and his license had that address) and never received the renewal notice from DMV and when he went in to update his address they told him his license was expired. Lol. 64yrs old and the first time it has ever happened. Lol
Evil Queen
its crazy and the dmv is torture. they told him it would come in 5-7 days so fingers crossed it will be here in time. they didnt even give him a temporary one just a piece of paper with his info not even his picture. now im worried about the flight too.
Poisoned Apple
I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you on that flight issue! DMV, ugh I’d rather get a root canal and I am terrified of dentists! Lol
Evil Queen
lol...thank you poisoned apple and im with ya on both the dmv and the dentist!
Fatima N
They said that to me and mine came on day four! I hope yours comes fast. Please let us know if he gets it. I think if he takes he paper and the OLD ID with his picture they can match them.
Evil Queen
thanks fatima Ill definitely let you know

Login to Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login with Facebook to Reply
Follow us on: