• facebook
  • twitter
  • contact us

I need your opinions!!

Forums > Dining at Disney > I need your opinions!!

Fatima N
I am planning a trip in November for six of us. And I want to do a dining package. I’m leaning towards the plaza in or the mini and Mickey friends buffet. Do you guys have any suggestions? Which one has better food? Overall what do you guys think I should do and what’s worth paying for. I want the food to be good also. Thanks guys
NapaJane
My favorites are Cafe Orleans, and Wine Country Trattoria. Carnation Cafe is a fun one too.
Fatima N
Thanks NapaJane!
NapaJane
Also have to mention the festival of holidays will start mid November, always fun tasty foods throughout.
Pixie dust
Wine country and blue bayou are our favorite restaurants for dining packages
Tattoo Mom
Either of those places will be good and food would be similar so it would depend on which characters you want to see. If characters don’t matter I suggest a blue bayou with or without the fantasmic dining package. The food was great. And so was the view for the show.
Captain Arrow
If you are not worried about the character part of it, my favorite is the Carthay Circle/World of Color package. It is the best, in my opinion. Amazing food and atmosphere with reserved viewing area for World of Color.
Senior Mickey
NapaJane listed our favorites, plus fried chicken at Plaza Inn. I've actually never had anything else at PI besides the fried chicken.
Mickey Bound
Had roast dinner once it was pretty good.
Evil Queen
we always do dinner at goofys kitchen and my kids say its their favorite meal in the whole resort.
Fatima N
Thanks guys!! I appreciate all your ideas!! I’m still lost on what to do. I want the kids to have a experience also.
Evil Queen
what ever you choose will be fun but with kids I would probably go with one of the character dining options.
Bumblbtuna
It all depends on the kids. Do they like meeting characters? I know when I was little I was petrified of anyone getting close to me in the costumes. That being said I loved watching them in shows ala Fantasmic(I was an odd child).
Fatima N
Bumblbtuna. They do like meeting characters. I just want to make sure the food is worth it. I don’t think they are CRAZY about it but I know they would enjoy it if it was there
Jenni
It is a safe bet that food from Disney will not disappoint. Goofys had a great buffet with lots of choices.
Evil Queen
I have never had breakfast at goofys but dinner was great with tons of choices for both adults and kids and more desserts than you can imagine.
Fatima N
Thanks guys!!! I read yelp and ppl always say the buffet foods are “mediocre”
Pixie dust
My kids adorable breakfast at Goofys Kitchen. It’s wonderful food and a great variety. We’ve made it a tradition to go to breakfast there on our last day. It’s a fun way to end our vacation
Fatima N
Thanks pixie dust. I am thinking maybe that’s what I’ll do for the kids!
Pixie dust
No problem I hope you enjoy it. Have a great vacation
Mike Morris
I’ve gone to all 4 breakfast character meals, food wise I think Goofy’s is the best, but it’s a little more expensive, Character wise my fav is 1. Plaza Inn- Minnie and friends buffet, has the most characters 2. Surf’s up with Mickey- has Stitch 3. Goofy’s Kitchen 4. Storytellers cafe- can see some rare animal characters
Fatima N
Thanks mike!! I think goofys kitchen is what I’m gonna go for!
Pixie dust
You won’t regret it. Good choice let us know what you think. My family has never been to Storytellers. I think we are going to try in next vacation.
Evil Queen
my family has actually convinced me to do goofys kitchen twice next trip. once for dinner and once for breakfast, thats how much they love it. :)
Pixie dust
I agree Evil Queen if we didn’t go there for breakfast on our last day my family would definitely think something wasn’t right lol. We love it lots too
Fatima N
Which one should I take the kids guys??? Dinner or breakfast????
Evil Queen
we love dinner. we always do it our first night there because we dont go into the park until the next day. Its a great way to start the vacation and get everyone in the disney spirit. plus the food is super yummy.
Tattoo Mom
And goofys kitchen is the only one who has characters for dinner right?
Mike Morris
Correct
Pixie dust
I say go to either one that fits into your vacation schedule. You really can’t go wrong going to breakfast or dinner. It’s just fun to be there and a great food choice
Tattoo Mom
Just made dinner reservations at Goofy’s the night we arrive! Can’t wait, thanks for the idea evil queen!
Fatima N
Maybe I’ll do dinner Thursday night also!
Evil Queen
hope you guys both have too much fun! we will be there September 16th
Pixie dust
Woohoo enjoy your vacations. Let us know how you liked it. I’m going in October I can’t wait too
Fatima N
Thanks guys. I’m going in Nov!!
DisneyNana
We’ll be there in 3 1/2 weeks for dinner. Everyone is so excited.
Fatima N
This post is making me want fried chicken!! Lol

Login to Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login with Facebook to Reply
Follow us on: