• facebook
  • twitter
  • contact us

Trader Sams is Soooooo fun

Forums > Dining at Disney > Trader Sams is Soooooo fun

Pirate Family
We had supper and cocktails last night and that has got to be the coolest bar I have ever been in. We had the pu pu platter and shrunken zombie head, and karatoka punch. I highly recommend the karatoka punch. two of those and life is good :`)
Disneydarling
That's awesome! So excited to try it in a couple of weeks!
Mamaof12
Disneydarling ! You look just like my niece !
Disneydarling
Oh that's funny! They say everyone has a doppelgänger somewhere!
Mamaof12
I had to look real close to see if it was her. Even the same hsirstyle !
M&M=Love
Love, love, love, ?? and did mention that I love Trader Sam's?
Fatima N
I really wanna try this place! We are going to dinner on Thursday night and I was gonna come here after!! How are the prices? We have to wake up early for the parks on Friday so how late does it stay open?
DesertDisney
It's open until 1:30 am, according to the Disneyland app.
M&M=Love
prices are very reasonable, you could get a drink and something to eat for about $20.
Disney Jenn - DIO
Moving this to Disney dining
Michelle
Where do you suggest someone park to get here? Is it inside the actual Disney hotel? Thanks in advance!
DesertDisney
Park in Downtown Disney. It's actually on the grounds within the 3 towers. I recommend using the Disneyland app. The map on it is great and you will get a good perspective of the area.
808 NikkiMouseClub
If you park in the Downtown Disney parking lot, keep in mind that Trader Sam's will not validate so you only have the initial two hours of free parking. After that you have to pay $6 per half hour.
Michelle
Thank you for the info!
DisneyCanuck
My brother and I loved Trader Sam's. Went for a late lunch arpund 2 on friday and barely had to wait. Pirana Pool was really good. And the food was very well priced! Definitely a must!
Disneyland's pirate
I can't wait to go for the first in June
DTD
We had three adults go a few nights ago. It was a Tuesday night at 10:30 and it was packed and full outside as well. Great ambiance, good food, creative drinks, and terrific service. Definitely a little "Disney Magic" involved!!
Disneyland's pirate
sweet
'Ello Poppet
Drank the virgin drinks there outside with the live music it was great ! I forgot I was at Disney for a while and thought I was at a tropical island .
Whoever
We tried going there for lunch on Wednesday, but the inside was too small for a wheelchair and ECV and there wasn't anything my kids were interested in eating.
Disneyland's pirate
so you just wander in / by the Disneyland hotel and get to walk in to trader Sam's well if there is no line
PirateQueenRaval
Trader Sam's is one of my favorite places to go to the night before we hit the park. Krakatoa Punch was delicious and my friend got the zombie one. It can be small and crowded sometimes but their patio is lovely at night!
Disneyland's pirate
I can't wait I want to try the shrinking head one
Amanda :-)
I love the pulled pork pizza, lettuce wraps, and Rosita's margarita! we went today around 2pm and there was lots of seating outside.
Disneyland's pirate
sweet
WickedWitch
Sooo excited to go "for the first time in forever"....but really first time ever. End of March can't come soon enough. Until then I am reading DIO threads to fill the gap! :)
Pirate Family
I wish it was larger in size for such a fun watering hole.
if I go during the day in where do I go if I'm leaving disneyland
M&M=Love
walk straight thru DTD, just as you see the blue and silver magic hat at DLH, go just past that. It is kinda on the edge of the pool area but not inside it.
Rob Goo
Would love to check it out on out next trip in a couple weeks ! Thinking maybe afternoon happy hour sort of time, will it be ok to go here with our toddler ... She's an easy going girl not worried about her being bored there etc. just wondering if she is allowed in ?
M&M=Love
yes she is. You just can not sit at the bar with her. Have fun
Rob Goo
Thanks m&m !!
M&M=Love
You're very welcome, have a great time! Trader Sam's is always so fun, you'll love it.
Mickey*Bugs
Can anyone give drink updates, like what drink comes in a take home mug, or makes the drummers wake up. Or is that secret stuff??
Disneyland's pirate
I hear they are always sold out of the mugs
DesertDisney
I bought 4 different mugs yesterday. They had the 60th anniversary, Zombie, rum barrel, and lava mugs.
Briarrose
I have never had a problem getting a mug....
Disneyland's pirate
sweet
I've never had a problem getting a mug either. We usually get a mug every trip. Love Trader Sam's!!!!!!
M&M=Love
bump
PirateQueenRaval
I love the new mugs. I have one from two year ago and one from last weekend. My friends and I had the best bartender as well. We wish we had a door that could take us to Trader Sams whenever we want. Such a great place :)
'Ello Poppet
I remember taking a stroll in downtown Disney and trying out trader Sams at the hotel . I loved the non alcoholic drinks and the live music , next time I'll sit inside, it wS too crowded last time
Rae
Sounds fabulous. We only walked past on our last trip. Now we may have to indulge this trip!! Thanks for the info.
M&M=Love
Rae, you have to go here. Food is really good and reasonably priced. The drinks are really good, made well and are a little pricey but so worth it.
PirateQueenRaval
The alcoholic drinks are nice and strong. Good little buzz. To Answer the previous questions here: The menu will tell you which drinks have a souvenir mug you can keep. Each drink has its own special announcement too. The Krakatoa punch sounds the alarm and the volanco painting errupts, the shipwreck one you can watch the model ship in a glass bottle sink, etc. They all have a little show. Also you can ask the bartender for a clean mug so you won't have to take the dirty one you drank out of back to your room. The only mug I didn't see on the menu was the 60th anniversary one. It's gorgeous and I wish I knew about it because I would have gotten it.
thatgrljme
We want to visit on our honeymoon, will be staying at DLH. My fiancé drinks, I don't. Are there any non alcoholic drinks besides sodas?
M&M=Love
lots of things, plus you can ask.
Mamaof12
I always get pina colada with no alcohol so I'm sure you can get any drink without it.
WickedWitch
I still have yet to make it over to Trader Sams! If at 1st you don't succeed, try again on the next trip :) Come on September and get here already!
Minniemouse
I was thinking of going here right when we fly in, arriving at Trader Sam's around 11pm. Any idea if it's crowded late night on a Wednesday? And do they stop serving food at a certain time?
Jeff
Does anyone know if minors are allowed inside? I know my kid would love all the effects.
Evil Queen
yes they can sit inside until I think 8pm
Abigail
trader sam's, my favorite bar. best music. best drinks. best atmosphere.
M&M=Love
inside till 8pm but never at the bar itself, has to be a table.
Alina ornelas
i went last tine and it was packed
Fermat
Is Trader Sam's ok to take your kids with for dinner? Ages1, 12, 16?
Evil Queen
yes until 8pm
Msnaye73
What virgin drinks set off the special effects?
Finding disney
Do hey have a kid's menu?
M&M=Love
they do but it is very limited with 4-5 choices I believe.
Finding disney
Thank you
disneybound
Oh my goodness, this place is a blast! My family popped in for a late lunch after arriving in town. Crowded, but worth the wait to score inside seats!!
PirateQueenRaval
I was at a Tiki Bar in SF recently and it was amazing but it also made me really miss Traders Sam's lol
Deathbythebay
I dont think anything beats the Trader Sams with regards to entertainment while drinking. Tonga room in SF is fun with the rain over the pool butcould do with some silly things when specialty drinks are ordered
Jenni
What kind of entertainment is provided? I keep hearing its great but thought it was just the drinks and atmosphere!
M&M=Love
Live authentic Hawaiian music. The gentlemen that play are wonderful.
Deathbythebay
The live band is outside correct? Inside certain drinks trigger effects by the staff...lights flashing, the picture/window animated and the bartenders spray water or participate in another way
M&M=Love
Yes, the band is outside. They are really good.
Jenni
How fun!
Tami Johnson
We love sitting outside and listening to the Polynesian music with some cocktails in the evening
NapaJane
No reservations here I am assuming, even if you had a party of 7? never tried it and my daughter picked Disneyland of all places for her 21st. I won't complain.
M&M=Love
nope, no reservations needed. Might be a little wait for a table but totally worth it. We really love Trader Sam's/ Tangaroo Terrace.
NapaJane
thank you very much! on our list this time.

Login to Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login with Facebook to Reply
Follow us on: