• facebook
  • twitter
  • contact us

Top 5 food items is Disneyland

Forums > Dining at Disney > Top 5 food items is Disneyland

Flaminxo
What are your top 5 food items you would get at Disneyland, California adventure, and downtown Disney.
Jen - DIO
Churro, churro, churro, churro and churro. Oh, wait... Seriously though, my "must haves" are: 1) churro 2) cream cheese pretzel 3) dole whip or float 4) beignets & coffee 5) mint julep I also like the Monte Cristo sandwich and Mac n cheese hot dog but my day isn't ruined if I miss these. I still need to try the cheese stick from Corn Dog Castle in DCA.
Jen - DIO
Oh, I need to add that the churro must be a DL churro. The ones in DTD are NOT the same!!
JenJen
1- fried pickles at carnation cafe 2- tri tip sliders at the cove bar 3- beignets from the mint julep bar or jazz kitchen express in DTD 4- Mickey Mouse pretzel 5- turkey sandwich from jolly holiday.
Flaminxo
My mouth is watering profusely now.
cinderemma
Churro, dole whip, monte cristo, Mickey pretzel, and a turkey leg for fun!
DisneyLuv
What is this cream cheese pretzel u speak of and where can I find it?!
Jen - DIO
It is a wonderment wrapped in deliciousness. It is available at the refreshment corner at the end of Main Street, and you should be able to get it at any of the pretzel carts. I know the one in tomorrow land has it.
Crystal
Froze banana, DL churro,frozen pink lemonade, Minnie chocolate dipped apple (so cute), popcorn.
wingman
Dole Whip, Chile lime corn on the cob, gingerbread beignets, clam chowder, chocolate covered pineapple.
Bigkid59
fried chicken at plaza inn
Dzny Collector
Where do you find the frozen pink lemonade?
Briarrose
1. Dole whip 2. Churro 3. Mickey Mouse ice cream 4. Bengal barbecue 4. Cheeses ticks at the Golden Horseshoe
Anut75
WHAT?! this is my 2nd year as a passport holder, I never knew there were "Cheese sticks" in DCA, I'm going for SuperBowl sunday and I def getting one, are these like the ones from Hot Dog on a Srick?
Briarrose
They are in disneyland at the Golden Horseshoe they are like mozzarella sticks you get at a restaurant and they are huge. They are not on the menu but you ask and they have them :)
forum
where do you get the mac n cheese hot dog
JenJen
Mac and cheese hot dog is at Coke Corner.
AshleeJean
1. DL churro 2. Naples pepperoni pizza in DTD 3. Cream cheese pretzel 4. Mac n cheese (kids menu) 5. Italian wedding soup from wine country trattoria in DCA
Arayah Teuscher
turkey leg, dole whip, asparagus spears, frozen bananas
Snow White
1. Monte Cristo at Blue Bayou 2. Filet Mignon at Catal with Catal fries (garlic & parmesan fries) 3. Chile con Carne at Cozy cone motel 4. Chimichanga 5. Funnel cake
BullerMomma
Popcorn, beignets, churro, flatbread pizza from Pinnochio's rest, ice cream with Carmel sauce in the cone from Gibson girl, corn dog from red wagon, the big chocolate chip cookies from Poohs Bakery and make your own ice cream bar at DCA.
Tooey
1.frozen lemonade 2.caramel apple 3.beignets 4.mexican food from Tortilla Joes 5.french bread warm off the ovens in Cal. Adv.
The Wallpaper
1. Mac-N-Cheese Hot Dog at Coke Corner 2. Chicken Nuggets at Stage Door 3. Caramel Popcorn in Condor Flats 4. Beignets at Jazz Kitchen 5. Root Beer Float at Cozy Cone
Cara
1. Dole whip 2. The burritos at the Mexican food place in DCA. 3. The hot link corndog at corn dog castle. 4. Anything at ghiradelli. 5. Tomato soup sourdough bowl in DCA.
Disneystorm
1. Dole whip! 2. Churro 3. Mickey pretzel 4. Fried pickles at carnation cafe 5. Popcorn
DisneyLuv
Just added the fried pickles to my list of things to eat during our trip!
Tink
Love the fried pickles at Carnation Cafe! Next time we go I want to try the Dole whip! Never had it.
Disneystorm
Definitely a must have! they've ruined me for all other fried pickles. Lol
DisneyLuv
I need a day at Disneyland just to eat all the food on my list lol!
'Ello Poppet
1. Carmel apple freeze w/marshmallow topping at the cozy cone motel 2. Hot link at corn dog castle 3. Lobster nachos at pacific wharf 4. Dole whip 5. Caramel apples
Berta1214
I didn't see where the frozen lemonade is. Help please:)
Disneyholic
You can usually get the frozen lemonade at the carts where they sell the ice cream bars and frozen bananas. :)
Tinker Wallace
1) dole whip 2) pickle and pineapple in plastic baggies 3) monte cristo 4) mint julep 5) corn dog at corn dog castle or the little red trolley on Main Street.
Ashley
thank you so much for the original post and to everyone who posted! I had no idea about the cream cheese pretzels and just tried one, it'll be a new must!
Nanette
1. Dole whip 2. Shrimp po' boy from jazz kitchen express 3. Beignets 4. Mickey chocolate/oreo parfait 5. Flo's caramel French Toast
Nanette
I need to add a 6th item, 6. Quiche from jolly holiday.
DesertDisney
Fried Green Tomato Sandwich at the Hungry Bear in Critter Country Corn Chowder Bread Bowl in New Orleans Square Lobster Nachos at Paradise Pier
MamaJo
5. Ghiradelli brownie sundae 4. Churros 3. Monte crisco sandwich 2. Frozen apple cider 1. Chili in pretzel cone
Disneykitten
Oooh, where is the Mickey chocolate Oreo parfait at that Nanette mentioned?
Princess33
1. Dole whip 2.beignets 3. Pickle 4.carmal apple 5. Everything else lol
Disneystorm
Yum where is the corn chowder in a bread bowl in new orleans?
DesertDisney
Corn Chowder is at the French Market.
Premium4life
1. Clam chowder bread bowl 2. Dole whip 3. Frozen banana 4. The fried chicken at the Plaza Inn 5. Corn dog
Premium4life
Oh wait the caramel apples from the penny arcade are soooo good! The only bummer is they don't cut it for you anymore so it's kinda messy to eat :/
Diane Divine
Read this post a few months ago & wanted to try the pretzel Stuft with cream cheese. Well- thanks for the rec! It was DELISH! So not what I was expecting. Even a lil sweet. This ap is such a great info reference. Yum yum.
Abigail
1. churros 2. mint julip 3. beignets 4. dole whip 5. shrimp po boy at the Jazz Kitchen Express
disneybonnie
I just got home and tried Maurice's Treat Cart in the Fantasy Faire area for the first time. We ate a cheddar/garlic twist and a boysen apple freeze. So good! It will be a new must for us!
Zoehwalker
Pb and j soda at carnations!
FrozenBell
Frozen banana, dole whip, chimichanga, corndog, churro!
DaisyMom
Peanut butter fudge Popcorn Corn dog Grilled cheese with tomato bisque soup from Jolly Holiday
DisneyBo
churro cinnamon roll mickey ice cream sandwich another churro another cinnamon roll
rukkus
fried chicken at the plaza gumbo bread bowl pommes frites monte Cristo oatmeal raisin cookies YUM!
PrincessLala
Mine are absolute must-haves but there's just three - Churro, Chicken skewers from Bengal BBQ (w/ a coke), and Bbq Ranch Crispy Chicken Salad from ESPN Zone DTD. Yum!
Macmommyx2
1.Dole Whip 2.Road Gravel milkshake@Flo's 3.Minnie Mouse Caramel Apple 4.Sweet Potato fries@Trader Sam's 5.Popcorn
ZipADeeDoDah
Dole Whip Pommes frites Gumbo Mint julep Monte cristo
Mybabesindisneyland
yumm someone please explain what this pb& j soda is
Michelle
I don't believe they have the pb&j soda anymore.
Berta1214
In no particular order: 1. Dole whip 2. Cheese and Broccoli soup. 3. Mickey Mouse icecream bar 4. Turkey and Provolone sandwich from Hungry Bear 5. Mickey Mouse pretzel
Shanl5
What are beignets?
Berta1214
Are they like a dessert coissant?
I?Disney
A beignet is like a puffed up donut covered in powdered sugar.
McCarthay
Churro at Disneyland Dole Whip Fried Chicken at Plaza Inn Corn Dog at Corn Dog Castle DCA And for dessert... Salted Carmel Sundae at Ghirardelli DCA My new most favorite!
Berta1214
Thanks I?Disney. I looked up the beignet. It's on my list of treats now!!
SarahAnne
1. Beignets 2. Dole Whip 3. Chowder in a Sourdough Breadbowl
I?Disney
You're welcome Berta1214! Hope you love them! :)
Shanl5
Oh cool, I'm definitely going to try
Mickey*Bugs
Bacon Mac & cheese in a dough cone from the Cozy Cone in Cars Land!!
Disney77
1. corn dogs main street 2. turkey leg just out side main street 3. the cheese pretzel between tomorrow land and its the small world 4. Dole whip 5.apple fritters
Diane Divine
@disney77-- where do you get apple fritters?
Tinkerkelle
can someone please tell me about the mint julep
DesertDisney
Tinkerkelle - The Mint Julep Bar is adjacent to the French Market, kinda tucked in on the back side. They also serve beignets. If you Google mint julep Disneyland, you can find the recipe with a list of the ingredients.
Tinkerkelle
ooohhhh thank you :)
Amanda :-)
1. corn dog 2. smore bar from Ariel's grotto 3. churro 4. the chocolate Mickey head from blue bayou 5. clam chowder bread bowls :)
Disney77
the apple Fritters are located Royal Street Veranda out by the exit of pirates and the new Orleans train station in the area
Diane Divine
Thank you Disney 77!!!
NapaJane
Can you get the beignets anywhere else besides cafe Orleans?? Isn't that just a table service restaurant?
DesertDisney
The Mint Julep Bar next to the French Market sells beignets.
NapaJane
thank you!! loved them but not a fan of the julep so I never went there!
Haley
1. Dill popcorn-cars land 2.frozen lemonade-Ice cream carts 3.Italian hot dog- award wieners
Cmoon57
Disneykitten - I believe it is sold at the Tomorrowland Terrace.
Megcol
does anyone know if there is a place in Disneyland that sells milk shakes?? used to get the best shakes at the Tomorrowland stage eating area. I know that new grizzly peak area will have shakes.
Youngfamily
First timer to Disneyland. Where do you get the churros, beignets , and dole whip?
Cmoon57
Churros - pretty much every snack cart. Beignets - got some at the Jazz Kitchen in Downtown disney. Dole whip - tiki juice bar in Adventureland.
Whoever
This is a GREAT list. I can tell that I am going to gain weight on this trip. I want to try so many of these.
Diz mom
Lobster nachos in California Adv!!
PixieShells
Any of the cookies from Pooh's bakery but esp white chocolate raspberry and snicker doodle Beignets!!!! Corn dog Dole whip Jolly Holiday grilled cheese and tomato bisque
DesertDisney
Fried Green Tomato Sandwich at the Hungry Bear.
Lilboogie319
1. Dole whip 2. Big thunder ranch BBQ 3. Napolini pepperoni pizza in dtd 4. Churros 5. Chilli con queso in cars land at the cozy cone yummy!
Koalaman1957
Hot Link Corn Dog, Popcorn, Clam Chowder in the Bread Bowl, Turkey Leg, & Dole Whip.
Nanette
Mickey mouse parfait, raspberry macaron, beignets, shrimp po boy, quiche, Dole whip.
RIL€¥
1. Monte Cristo Sandwich 2. Dole Whip 3. Mint Julep 4. DL Churro 5. Lobster Roll from Harbour Galley So many more options, but these are tops.
M&M=Love
1. Corn Dog from DCA 2. Dole Whip or Float 3. Mint Julip 4. Mickey CC filled Pretzel 5. Starbucks to get me thru my day of fun!
Sylvia
1. Dole Whip 2. Monte Cristo at Blue Bayou 3. Big Thunder BBQ (get it now before it disappears with the building of the new Star Wars Land) 4. Bacon wrapped asparagus skewers at BengaL BBQ 5. Yogurt parfait at Carnation Cafe
Menehune
Is the monte cristom soggy, I've had soggy ones before.
Nanette
Not the one I had.
Fatima N
Corn Dog is my fav. Haven't really got the chance to try anything else!
Mr toad
Monte Cristo, dole whip, churo, beignets and turkey leg
firefly
1. Gumbo bread bowl 2. pommes frites with remoulaude 3. Beignets 4. Naples Margarita Pizza 5. Big Thunder BBQ.
Cmoon57
1-Beignets 2-Churro 3-BBQ ribs at Flo's V8 cafe 4-Ice cream at Ghirardelli 5-Another churro
Evil Queen
1. garlic cheesy bagel twist 2. fried chicken 3. hot link corn dog 4. fried pickles 5. clam chowder bread bowl
Evil Queen
oh and jalapeño cheese pretzel
Ahopety
the cream cheese pretzel I had was horrible it tasted sweet not what I was expecting
Erica
The chocolate covered peanut butter sandwich.
Cass
Erica, where do you find that sandwich? Sounds amazing! 1. Popcorn 2. Pickles 3. Turkey leg 4. Corn on the cob 5. Macaroon cookie in the shape of the Matterhorn.
Pixie dust
1) goofy gummy candies 2) caramel apples 3) beignets 4) dole whips 5) English toffee candies
Ahopety
1. Matterhorn Macaroons 2. Turkey Sandwiche(boudin bakery) 3. Chili cheese fries(stagecoach) 4. Chocolate and Carmel wands 5. Churo with Carmel sauce
Danielle Parker
Lobster Nachos from the Cove Bar, Corndog, Churro from Disneyland, French Toast from Minnie and Friends breakfast in the park, Popcorn.
jays.mom
cream cheese pretzel lobster nachos dole whip Beignets corn dog
Cheshire
1. churros 2. cinnamon buns 3. Dole whip 4. Corn Dogs 5. Bacon wrapped asparagus
R2d2
Churro. Montecristo cafe orleans Pomme frites cafe orleans Ceviche at carthay lounge Frozen lemonade at tomorrow land
Goofy Fan
1. Popcorn 2. Fried chicken 3. Monte Cristo 4. Churro 5. Watching my daughter eat cotton candy!!!
Winnie Torres
Luv the twisted garlic cheese bread! Luv the Monte Cristo and pomme frites!!!! Dole Whip of course! Never had the fried pickles but getting them tomorrow for the first time and I know I'm going to love them lol The chili cone in cars land. The chili is to die for. the cone, not so much. Also if anybody reads this can someone tell me what the mint julep taste like?
ZipADeeDoDah
The mint julep is amazing! But not everyone is a fan. It's lime, with a hint of mint. One of my favorites! Try it at least once :)
MrBaub
1. Dole Whip 2. Garlic Cheese Twist 3. Red Cart Corn Dog 4. Cinnamon Rolls by HM 5. Lobster Nachos at Cove Bar
Yuiop0
my mouth is watering reading all of these lol I can't wait to go back for dole whip, beignets,tiger tails,macroon,Corn dogs of course
Daisygirl1023
This list is fantastic!!! Can't wait to try some of these !
disneybound
Most of the recommendations are on this link with pictures!! http://www.imhungry247.com/home/2016/5/13/25-best-things-to-eat-at-disneyland
WickedWitch
#1 & #2 Fried Pickles for appetizer and then Meatloaf from Carnation Cafe. Normally I never choose meatloaf but after trying it at Carnation Cafe, I now eat it every trip!!! #3 & #4Pomme Frites and then Beingnets for dessert at Cafe Orleans #5 Surf & Turf with Gumbo app at The Blue Bayou
GrimGrinningGhost
1)dole whip 2)cream cheese pretzel 3)corn dog 4)Monte Cristo 5)Funnel cake
Vince
Dole Whip Monte Cristo New Orleans Gumbo Banyan Beef Skewer Dole Whip (yes, twice!)
Vince
Mint Julep tastes like mint gum water. You do have to try it once, but once is enough for me!
Mamaof12
Ha ha Vince. I'm with you but I think it's like toothpaste. My whole family loves it. Guess I'm odd man odd even tho I'm a woman
Evil Queen
Im allergic to mint so I haven't been able to try it but my husband was not a fan, him and my daughter said it was just alright.
Gail Krezelak
Corn dogs yummy
Gail Krezelak
And I don't like the mint julep...
Berta1214
Where is Coke Corner?? I looked it up and don't see it on dining on the Disney website.
NapaJane
If you are walking down main Street towards the castle, it is last building on the left, before Jolly Holiday Bakery.
Berta1214
Thanks NapaJane!
Berta1214
I totally know where it is, I found on the website they call it Refreshment Corner(by Coke) Mac and Cheese Dog, here I come!!
Jen
1. Garlic Cheddar Bagel Twist - Cozy Cone DCA or Maurice's Treats DL 2. Dill Pickle Popcorn - Cozy Cone DCA 3. Fresh English Toffee - Candy Palace DL 4. Matterhorn Macaroon - Jolly Holiday Bakery DL 5. Hot link corndog - Corndog Castle DCA
Mom2aMinnie
1. churros 2. dark chocolate peanut cluster 3. tostada salad 4. cherry (red) sour balls 5. fried chicken Plaza Inn
Berta1214
In 2 years I've changed a little: 1. Dole Whip 2. Mickey Mouse pretzel 3. Mac and Cheese 4. Mickey icecream 5. Garlic cheddar bagel twist But I could add 10 more must have treats!!
Evil Queen
bump

Login to Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login with Facebook to Reply
Follow us on: