• facebook
  • twitter
  • contact us

Neverland 5K 2014

Forums > Carthay Lounge > Neverland 5K 2014

Gregoria
I'm soooo excited! I've heard of the Tinkerbell 5K, but it was already booked. Then, I learned of this one where all ages can participate, The Neverland 5k with Peter Pan, Tinkerbell, and the lost boys! So my kids and I will be running our first 5k in Disneyland. We're soooo stoked. Has anyone else participated in the Tinkerbell Marathons? Can't wait! Anyone else coming?
Disney Jenn - DIO
I did this one last January as my first 5k! It was so much fun! You will have a blast! I am going to sign up for the tinker bell 10k that same weekend.
JenJen
I did my first ever 5k this past weekend. I loved it!! It was a ton if fun!! I cannot wait for the Neverland 5k!
Disney Jenn - DIO
Jenjen, was it the Disney one? I was there doing the 10k! Disney runs are addicting! I recommend them even if you are just gonna walk the entire thing! So much fun!
JenJen
It was the Disney one. We should have met up! Next time! Disney runs are very addicting! I can't wait for the Neverland 5k.
Gregoria
I have a question.... on the site it says you have almost as a goal of 16 min a mile. But Somewhere else it states you have 3 1/2 hours to complete the run. So which is it, for the 5k? I want to make sure because I saw some pics of some characters dressed in 5k gear n would love to take a pic or two ;-)
Disney Jenn - DIO
16 minute mile is for 10k and half. The 5k is recommended 16 minutes because if you are lagging and won't finish before the park opens they will pick you up
Gregoria
Thank you for letting me know Disney Jenn :-)
Gracie'smom
So we have to run the whole 5k in 16 min?? That's a 5 minute mile!
Disney Jenn - DIO
No it's 16 minutes per mile. 5k is 3.1 miles
Disney Jenn - DIO
It should take you about 45 minutes to complete
Gracie'smom
Whew!!!!! That's what I thought but didn't get what you said about 5k being 16 minutes. Thanks Jenn!!
Jen - DIO
No, 16 minutes per mile is the cut off pace. So you have something like 48 minutes to finish the 5k. And, also, the time limit doesn't start until the last person crosses the start line so if you're in a front corral then you have that much more "extra" time. Although I do believe Disney requires proof of time to be in the front corrals so you can't fib to start sooner just to get more time. Which has its plusses and minuses but that's a discussion for another day ;)
JenJen
This past 5k at Disneyland, there were people that walked the whole thing. It started at 5:30am and people were still crossing the finish line at 6:30am and later. Didn't seem like times for the 5k mattered as much as the 10k and half.
Disney Jenn - DIO
No they don't Jen! As long as people finish before park opening. The last one was a bit different because the 10k was running until about 9 so people kinda mixed in
Gregoria
Wow, thank you guys for all the info! My kids and I are soooo excited. We've been taking our walk/jog and timing ourselves. I've seen on YouTube where people were over the 1 hr mark. We're barely making it under 1 hr (but we're going alittle over the 5k just to make sure) but I keep telling them our goal is 15 minutes a mile so we have time to take pictures. I'm a picture person =P But having fun working on our goal.
Disney Jenn - DIO
Yeah if you can keep it around an hour walking/jogging you'll be fine and have time to take pics. We stopped for a few pics and our 5k time was 56 minutes. We were in corral c starting for the 5k and my time was 2 hours for the 10k and I was in corral g
Jen - DIO
So the time limit is enforced for the 10k and half but not the 5k? I guess that's nice for the 5k-ers. Do they actually enforce the pacing requirements? I've been to some where they don't,even though its published, and some where the sag wagon is chasing people to the finish line...
Disney Jenn - DIO
It's not really enforced at the 5k but you are required to finish before parks open if not earlier. At the 10k they were chasing the stragglers. I saw them coming a couple times when I stopped for pics and got scared and ran away lol
AngelaJ
My goal is to be able to one of the 10k's . Training for a 10k right now but I don't think I will be able to do one next year because of timing. So bummed!
Gracie'smom
My sister and I are training for the TBelle 5k and my niece and step-daughter are training for the TBelle 1/2 marathon-but they're young and athletic!
Gregoria
@Angela... that's why I decided to start with this 5k and my kids. But eventually with practice and Disney motivation, my first 10k goal will b late 2014 or tinkerbell 2015. I know, thinking way in advance. But that's because I need time to work at it. One day though ;-)
AngelaJ
Yep! 2015 is my goal. I ran 5 miles today! And do my first official 5k in October . By the time 2015 is here, I will probably sign up for the half marathon. Looks like a blast!
Jen - DIO
Well done ladies in training!! I can tell you that, barring true injuries, the ONLY thing stopping you is your brain. Finishing 1/2s and fulls is 95% mental!! Of course you have to train but your brain can't get in the way. You CAN do this! No matter how slow you need to go on those long runs, just keep moving forward and know that you are faster than all the people still sitting on the couch!!
HELP!! Does anyone know where I can sign my husband and I up for the Neverland 5k? It's sold out on the website, I contacted Disney and they said that I would have to go through a charity or a travel company, but we already have tickets for the Half and have booked our trip, and the sites I've looked at are all sold out for the 5K. It's my birthday weekend and we are making it a big trip!
Jen - DIO
Since Disney does not allow for the sale of race bibs, your best bet is to do what they recommend & find a charity or travel company. These races sell out fast, its best not to wait if you're planning to do one.
Disney Jenn - DIO
I second what Jen said. They usually sell out in days or even minutes. I think there is an area on the runDisney site that has charities listed that may have spots left. If you are already have tickets for the Half then maybe just relax the day before.
Gracie'smom
Anyone know what the winning time was for the TBelle 5k last yr-or really this year.

Login to Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login with Facebook to Reply
Follow us on: