• facebook
  • twitter
  • contact us

Motion Sickness Remedies

Forums > Carthay Lounge > Motion Sickness Remedies

heffurtink
I would love to hear about your remedies that help you or your family with motion sickness. My hubby cant do Space Mtn, the tea cups, or anything that spins round and round. We want to do everything we can to make sure he has as good as time as possible. Thank you
Evil Queen
we use the bracelets and the prescription patches that go behind your ear. my whole family gets motion sickness really bad and this works great for us. the patches are in short supply so if you want them get your prescription way early and call around to find a pharmacy that has them in stock.
Jenni
We stock up on Dramamine and take them before we start on any rides that would cause it (which is most!). Worked well enough for us. The quick dissolve ones are what we bought.
DisneyDarcy
I do Bonine but even with it still can’t do the spinning rides like Tea Cups or Astrobitor. I can do Grizzly River and Maters though, as well as all of the roller coasters.
disneybound
I’m convinced there is no amount of medication that will make the tea cups bearable! I use the 24 hour Dramamine pills. One in the morning with breakfast and I’m set for the day.
heffurtink
Jenni does the Dramamine make you tired? Thank you everyone for the great ideas. We already have a prescription from our doctor waiting at the pharmacy. I'm getting the braclets and Bonine tomorrow. We are headed to Silverwood Theme park in Northern Idaho over Labor Day and will see how it all works. We head to Disneyland on the 10th. Has anyone sucked on peppermint or ginger candies and if so did that help for queeziness?
Jenni
Nope, didn’t make us tired at all
heffurtink
Awesome Jenni.
Senior Mickey
We are from Hawaii. I carry ginger candy with me all the time, and it works wonders! I keep it in our backpack. The last time we were in the Park, one of the security guards saw it in there, and said, "Oh, you have the good stuff!"
heffurtink
Senior Mickey do you get a certain brand of ginger candy? I have never seen any and wondering where to get it.
Senior Mickey
heffurthink, I buy local made ginger candy. It's actually candied ginger slices...that's why the security guard said it was the good stuff.
heffurtink
Thanks Senior Mickey. I looked up candied ginger on line and looks like my local Trader Joe's carries them.
PirateQueenRaval
Ginger and ginger ale are good for upset stomachs but if you're sensitive to motion sickness,it might help to get some stronger stuff. I don't get motion sickness from rides but when I was on a cruise I had a scopolamine patch behind my ear. My family and I put them on just before we boarded and never once felt nauseous on the ship for the whole 7 day we were on it.

Login to Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login with Facebook to Reply
Follow us on: