• facebook
  • twitter
  • contact us

Has anyone ever retrieved a lost item?

Forums > Carthay Lounge > Has anyone ever retrieved a lost item?

DisneyNana
We have found the lost and found to be a wonderful thing. My husband has retrieved 2 baseball caps but here's a very magical story... Two nights ago my granddaughter left her brand new pressed penny album (still in the Disney Parks bag) at our WOC dessert party table. The next day we were able to retrieve from lost and found. When she opened the bag and looked inside there was about 12 pressed pennies inside and we all said "oh no, this isn't yours". Then my husband noticed a note that read "just a few pennies to get your collection started, have a magical day, Lost and Found". We Love Disneyland!!!
Jenni
Wow!
disneybound
This is great! How wonderful to have a vacation hiccup turned into a wonderful memory.
Evil Queen
I love stories like this! Disney really does go above and beyond to make a vacation magical.
DisneyNana
I love reading these magical stories also and that's why I had to post this one. Their CS is just outstanding. disneybound...she was so disappointed mainly because her sister just bought her that album not 2 hours before.
M&M=Love
So sweet. Gotta love the magic.
NapaJane
Disney magic at its best!
DisneyHolly
What a great story!
Amanda :-)
So sweet! I have left my Minnie ears on big thunder mountain and they were actually mailed home to me. And one morning I dropped my phone, which had a wallet case attached to it. So it had my ID, AP, cash and debit card. I gave it about 15 minutes then went to see if it was turned in and THANKFULLY it was!
THE3LINGS
My hat flew off on Thunder Mountain. We ask a CM and they said they walk the track at night and turn things in to lost and found. We filled out the form at lost and found and a week later they mailed it back to our home. Great people
Rae
I lost my adidas visor and retrieved it from the lost and found the next day. I showed the CM a picture of me wearing it and he said, "Oh that makes it so much easier to find!" He went to the back and a few seconds later I had my visor. : )
Princess Marvel
My daughter left her very first pair of ears in the pocket on Indiana Jones and they stopped the ride, checked all the pockets and they were nowhere to be found. She was hysterical as they were her first pair and it was her 8th bday & she loved them. We left our info with CS and called for months but they were never found or turned in. She got a new set of ears on our trip last year but was bummed they didn't have the same style as her first hat. We leave for our trip this Friday and she's still hoping to find the style so she can get a replacement for the ears she lost.
Minnie
DisneyNana......What an AWESOME story! I just LOVE happy and magical endings! Thank you for sharing!
Mike Morris
My son lost a camera one trip and his cell phone on another and both times we got the stuff back within 2 days, both times I reported them missing at City hall, once they called me and the other item we got back by just checking at the lost and found between the parks
GeoffWii
A friend of ours’ son was in the park late February and lost his wallet, Disney sent it back to him. Fast forward a month and same friend goes back and loses his wallet AGAIN this time his mom called lost and found and they tell her that they have it and that it looked very familiar.
Senior Mickey
We found someone's credit card in the desk drawer of our room last September at DLH. We ran it right down to the front desk. While we were standing at the desk, they looked up the guest and called him on the spot to let him know his card was found. He had checked out early in the morning, and didn't realize he had left it behind. The CM said they would overnight it to him!
Pixie dust
Wow that is so great. Thank you for sharing that’s what Disneyland is all about
twinklebell
my sister lost her glasses on space mountain during her first trip. a cm found them a few days later, and while we were waiting in city hall for them to be brought up we mentioned how she hadn't been able to see on a lot of the rides, and we got fastpasses for each of the big rides for all four of us! we weren't even expecting to get the glasses back, much less a redo of our first two days in the parks!! whenever people badmouth Disneyland customer service I tell this story, because any other place and just getting the glasses back would have been a miracle!
Camby
My partner lost his wallet on a very busy October night last year. It was really dark, there was no way he was gonna find it. We headed for the front of the park. I went outside to Lost and Found. He went to City Hall. They had it at City Hall. Everything was still inside. Our whole vacation could have been ruined. There are good people in this world.
DisneyNana
It shows you the kind of people that visit and work at Disneyland.

Login to Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login with Facebook to Reply
Follow us on: