• facebook
  • twitter
  • contact us

How did you get your love for Disneyland?

Forums > Carthay Lounge > How did you get your love for Disneyland?

Finding disney
My mom was raised going to Disneyland, her first visit was 1965. My grandparents were disney obsessed, they loved all things disney. I always had a close relationship with them and I took on their love for disney. I went for the first time at 4 and I have not stopped in 30 years. For me there is nothing else like it in the world, the magic just consumes you. It is a place that takes you away from reality and makes you happy no matter what may be going on in your life. I go every year and now I get to share my love for disney with my daughter. Disney has been a huge part of my family for generations, and it will continue to be as long as I have a say about it. Lol
NapaJane
I have just always loved the Disney culture per se, the cleanliness, the respect. And like you said Hendrix, I walk in and the real world goes away. I escape reality for awhile, and who doesn't need that occasionally? Unfortunately my husband and son do not share this, but my older daughters tend to be obsessed like me. All that being said, I am not sure where it started, I believe I am the one starting the tradition in my family! :)
Finding disney
NapaJane my husband also does not share my love unfortunately. I can only manage to get him to go once a year. I am glad my daughter loves it so when she is older we can keep him at home and go more often. Lol
DisneyNana
Luckily my husband enjoys Disney almost as much as I do. During our last trip (4th within the year) I thought he had enough but by the end of the trip the magic was back. :) I'm not sure where the Love of Disney came from. I did go my first time as a young teenager and several times until the age of 27 but then we didn't start going again until I was 55. And now I can't get enough. It just transforms you into a happy human.
Disney Dave
Watching the Wonderful World of Color on Sunday nights when I was growing up.
Christy
It has always been a dream to take my kids. However I was hesitant due to my son's special needs. He is constantly rushing through exhibits and zoos at his own speed which usually left me way ahead and the rest of the family way behind. In 2013 I bit the bullet and took them. It was the best. My son put on his ear protection and had no sensory issues due to noise; the DAS allowed my son to ride all the rides he would ride without being stressed in lines; and a bonus...my kids never fought the whole time we were there. It's my go to destination, but due to money issues can't make it every year. It's been four years now but I'm heading back in 67 days.
Disneyland Dog 8-9-69
I went the first time when I was 2, and have barely missed a year since. Growing up, I was always fascinated by the Disneyland landmarks and their history. I would always study the park map, and I loved the design of the park with the Main Street, hub and spokes. I loved to draw landmarks like the castle, Matterhorn, the moon liner rocket, and the haunted mansion. And when I actually got to go there each year and experience everything I had envisioned, it was just such an amazing feeling. Like seeing a legend in person. There's just such a magical feeling in Disneyland that can't be replicated anywhere else. I remember how I would literally plan my entire year around my trip to Disneyland, and I would get soooo excited when it came within a few months. Then I started learning about the history and facts about it, and it made me even more loving of every little thing in the park. Even now as I go and walk down Main Street, see all of the iconic buildings with the castle at the end, smell the candy and hear the horses and train, it makes me so excited and amazed and happy it's impossible to describe, and it really helps me escape reality and makes me feel like a kid again! :)
DisneyHolly
I am from Australia and first visited in 1992. I loved it so much and now try and take my own kids every 1-2 years. I feel like crying with happiness every time I walk in the park the first time each visit!
Finding disney
Thank you all for sharing your stories. It is nice to have this group and to be able to share our love for Disneyland.
Ron Munster
Growing up with the Disney Channel when it was awesome created my love for Disneyland.I remember fondly getting ready for school and watching "Good morning Mickey" religiously,and also being parked in front of thee ole tube tv watching "Donald Duck Presents".It paved the way for my love when entering Disneyland :)
Snowbird
Singing along with the original Mickey Mouse in the 50's when I was 4. With my ears on of course!
Crystal
My parents Honeymooned at the Disney hotel back in the day and 9 months later I came along! I loved it from the start! We went there EVERY summer my siblings and I would beg to go as our summer vacation
Minemouse
Such great stories! My mom loved disney and would sneak off as often as she could with me in tow. In the 70's my brother got a job as the city manager of orange. And that meant free tickets! I remember planning visits with her and planning our use of the old ticket booklets. How sad I was that we had so few E tickets! My favorite memory with my mom was riding the storybook canal at night and seeing all the sparkling stars/lights and how quiet it seemed. My mom has been gone 20 years this year but when I go I still feel her right there with me.
Disneyland 4-Life
My parents started taking my sisters and I when we were young back in the 80's. It began to be our family transition. We would go every summer. Now I'm all grown up and have my own family, I'm keeping that tradition going with them. We love Disneyland way more than any other them parks
Mickey Bound
I admit did not get love of Disney till later in life. Went couple of times when I was young but so to stuff had bad time. Got kidney problems when I was 17 or so. My husband is big kid so Disney was his choice. As got sicker traveling and thinking about it was what kept me going now with my husband would like to live inside gates.
Minnie
My parents were total Disney fanatics so growing up we went several times a year. We lived about 8 hours away and my Dad would come home from work on a Friday night and tell us to pack - we were going to Disneyland for the weekend. As a family we also watched The Wonderful World of Color every Sunday night! °o°
Chipper314
My grandparents always took me, once a year until I was about 15. Went when I got older, got engaged at Disneyland. Had our honeymoon at Disneyland Now I have a daughter and take her as much as we possibly can.
Mel_dizzle
Watching The wonderful world of Disney with my Dad on Sunday nights when I was little. With peanut butter toast and hot chocolate. I finally got to go my 1st time with my Dad when I was 15.
Senior Micky
Watching the Original Mickey Mouse Club back in the 1950s. Two of my aunts worked in a small toy store in New Haven, Connecticut and got me my first Mouse Ears, which I still have (I'm 65). My Dad got me a "Mousegeetar" like Jimmy's.
As a kid I didn't go on vacations with my mom. But when I was 6 or 7 (so late 70's) we went to LA to see her boyfriends children and they took us to Disneyland. It was the one "vacation" I did with my mom. I didn't have a very good childhood. It was my most happy childhood memory, and now as an adult it's my escape to let my inner child out!

Login to Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login with Facebook to Reply
Follow us on: