• facebook
  • twitter
  • contact us

Legoland?

Forums > Carthay Lounge > Legoland?

Princess Marvel
We have a 5 day stay at Disney (9 days at our hotel) and we were exploring options to fill our other days. One day we are for sure going to the beach but my daughter (9yrs and not into big rides/coasters except at Disneyland she will ride nearly everything) would like to go to legoland. We have never been but we would have to take the train and then an ├╝ber and we would have to take the train back that same day. Is legoland worth it? Our other options are another day at Disney but if anyone has any recommendations of closer "must do's/sees" I'm open to suggestions! We did Universal last time we went and probably didn't make the best of it since my daughter doesn't like the big rides and 3D makes me nauseous.
Princess Marvel
Oh and our trip is August 11-19! We get in at 7am and leave at midnight. So all full days!
Evil Queen
my 9yo son wants to go to legoland so bad! I've never been but I looked it up and was not at all impressed. if you do go please let me know what you think. Medieval times is really fun but it isn't an all day thing but I still highly recommend it.
Briarrose
Legoland is great for kids, but boring for adults. My kids absolutely love it, but I don't like it. Lots of kid rides. I don't like that there isn't nearly enough shade and it's not nearly clean enough. If you like the water, Six Flags Hurricane Harbour is lots of fun.
DisneyHolly
I took my sons when they were 12 & 9 and they didn't really enjoy it. They were bored and we left after a few hours.
Ron Munster
Knotts berry Farm and or Knotts soak city
Princess Marvel
Thanks for the suggestions! And yes my main concern for Legoland is that it will be a let down or end up being a waste of money that we could've done something else with... BUT my kiddo is pretty easy to please and might love it there. It's just a long journey since we won't have a rental car.
Chance
one year we went down & had the same thing going on, looking for other options other than just Disneyland. We got a buy one day, get a 2nd day free at lego land and it was such a let down for us, we never bothered going the 2nd day! We didn't even end up staying a full day our first day! I'd say go to universal studios, sea world or knotts berry if you are looking for somewhere to go in addition to Disney.
Princess Marvel
Sea world would be my number one choice but I'm not sure how doable it is since we won't have a car? Costwise to get there too for only one day seems hard...
disneybound
I would suggest your non-Disney stop being early or first in your trip. In May we did Universal Studios after 3 days in Disney. It was so lack luster by comparison (minus Harry Potter land) that we almost wished we hadn't. Our visit to Legoland was combined with the SD Zoo. While my son had a blast (5 at the time), the park hasn't been updated much since opening.
Christy
My son hated Legoland. Loved Sea world and Universal. We're renting a car from Alamo in Downtown Disney for the one day we're going to Universal. Price is pretty reasonable.
Holly
Highly suggest Knotts Berry Farm & Soak City is directly across the street also
Princess Marvel
We ended up all deciding on 2 extra days at Disney - she's dancing in California Adventure 3 of our 5 days there and we decided extra days would be best so we can be sure to do everything we want. And I don't think anyone ever regrets more Disney time! We figured if we did something else and it wasn't as fun then we would wish we had done more Disney so this just saves us from that! Lol. We are still going to the beach one day and the last day we are going to hang with some Cali friends!
DisneyHolly
Good choice! You can never have too many days at Disneyland!
PirateQueenRaval
I hope you all have a great time Princess Marvel. That sounds like an amazing trip!
during one of our 5 day stays, our package had a midweek excursion option. we chose to take the provided bus and rode to LA and saw Beauty & the Beast on stage at the Shubert Theater. Thoroughly enjoyed that extra. We were staying at the Paradise Pier on that trip. The bus picked us up in front of tbe hotel.
Minnie253
How far is Legoland from Disney? I have a two year old (and a husband that loves legos LoL), would it be worth it?
disneybound
Google says 64 miles. The length of time will depend on the time of day and how nice LA traffic decides to be. :)
Ron Munster
it's A 2 hour drive to San Diego from Los Angeles so what should be about the same from Anaheim, give or take a little bit more

Login to Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login with Facebook to Reply
Follow us on: