• facebook
  • twitter
  • contact us

Disney tattoos

Forums > Carthay Lounge > Disney tattoos

Mickey Bound
I'm wondering how many have a Disney tattoo and because they a a licensed brand how hard was it to get tattoo done.
Evil Queen
I have a few tattoos but none are Disney however when you get a tattoo you just bring in a picture of what you want so I don't think it would be hard at all to get one, copyright wouldn't really be a problem.
Mamaof12
No Disney tattoos evil queen ??? I'm surprised lol.
Evil Queen
I know right! mine all pertain to my family members living and past. my mom did love tigger though so maybe that will be next...lol
Mickey Bound
Have never had a tattoo. Is 57 to old to start?
Evil Queen
you are never too old for a tattoo! but be aware they are addicting, I started out with a one for each of my 2 kids and now I have 6
Mickey Bound
Thanks evil queen.
Evil Queen
if you do it i wanna see pictures :)
Mickey Bound
Will show you. I need to cover a scar on my arm about 5 inches long. Don't know if I can think of Disney that long. So still thinking
Evil Queen
if you have an idea of what you want the artist can draw it up for you. but do your research on artists around you, maybe check yelp for reviews and look through their portfolios to make sure you like their work. tattoos are forever.
Mickey Bound
True have been scoping out a place in Bellevue got good reviews. Going to go their to get earring holes re done holes have closed so can't get some earrings in and check out tattoos then. Have you ever had a allergic reaction to ink.
Evil Queen
most shops are so sterile and take every precaution. I have heard of peoples skin rejecting the ink but its really rare, personally I've never had a problem. but feel free to ask the artists, in my experience they are happy to answer any questions or concerns you might have.
Evil Queen
how exciting for you!
Mickey Bound
Looking forward to it. Just need to take time to really decide what I want like you said they are for ever
PinkElephant
I have a Steamboat Willie tattoo that I'm really proud of. I love all things Disney and I figured Steamboat is such a classic. It was a criss between that or the scene in Plane Crazy where Mickey's looking in the mirror and ruffles his hair. No problem getting it done, Mickey Bound
GrimGrinningGhost
I have one tattoo of the glass slipper from Cinderella
Berta1214
I have Mickey ears on my back.
Pirate Family
my profile pic is small but my wife and I have pirate Mickeys
PirateQueenRaval
Pirate family I love them ( from what I can see in the small profile photo haha)
Pirate Family
Thank you pirate queen. getting ready to put a treasure chest right below mine. The coins will represent my wife, kids and grandkids. I'm very excited
PirateQueenRaval
That is a fantastic idea!
Mickey Bound
Pirate family If you don't mind me asking how much did tattoos cost.
Pirate Family
my wife's is small, about 3in it was 80 and mine is about 7in and it cost 150.00
Jeff
love my Disney Tattoo I got for my son!
PirateQueenRaval
Is that the tattoo in your photo Jeff? It's awesome!
Jeff
yes it is!
Evil Queen
did you ever get yours done mickey bound?
Mickey Bound
Not yet. Most tattoo people do skulls and stuff hard finding someone to do that. Also so much Disney stuff I could do I get overwhelmed.
Mickey Bound
Forgot to mention the pain. Nail person has tattoo on shoulder she had to have pain killers just to able to sit through it.
PinkElephants
I think a lot of artists would love doing a Disney piece. I would just get on the computer and start searching your local area for reputable shops/studios. Once you find a few shops, you can look at artist portfolios online on their websites and see which ones enjoy doing the style you prefer. Tattoo artists and shops have come a long way from just doing skulls and devils :)
PinkElephants
I agree though, it is very difficult to decide on a design or image because there would be so many Disney ones that would come to mind. I got my SteamBoat Willie because I figured it was a classic image and in my mind, I felt it covered all Disney bases. After all it, it all started with a mouse :)
PinkElephants
The pain will always be an issue but if you can go to you "happy place" while it's being done, it helps. I usually focus on my breathing and even count breaths. My artist does not play loud, screaming, metal music in his gallery. It's very soothing and mellow music. Helps so much! You can even bring your own music and use headphones. I also remind myself that although the pain is very real at the moment, when you are done, you will be left with a beautiful piece of art. Hope this helps!
Victoria
I started my disney sleeve last week
PinkElephants
Victoria, how fun!
Mickey Bound
Can't make up mind between tinker bell or Minnie Mouse.
PinkElephants
I vote for Minnie :)
Evil Queen
I like minnie too
Mickey Bound
Would you do whole body or just head with hat?
PinkElephants
Whole body might be cute so you could have her do a cute little pose. I sometimes check out Google Images of the idea I'm considering. Not to copy exactly what tattoo someone else has, of course. Just for inspiration. You could even choose your favorite picture of Minnie and request the artist do something like that. Or you could have just her head, with a meaningful Walt quote or something. Fireworks in the background might be cute. Or the castle in the background, so it's peeking out, over her head. Your artist will be able to give you some suggestions to go off of too!
Mickey Bound
If I have a fairy small wrist not sure how big I can get. Am going to find out when guy at piercing place is their. Can anyone tell me what healing time is?
Evil Queen
I think a cute little mickey and minnie kissing would be super cute
PinkElephants
or Minnie on one wrist and Mickey on the other. When you touch them together, they kiss! Haha, might be a bit more work than what you were thinking though. The healing time always seems to vary for each one of my pieces. Usually anywhere from 1-2 weeks. I have had some that seemed to take a tad longer though.
D1sn3yl0v3
It depends on the healing method you use and how big it is mine is on my arm and it's pretty big and I did the standard healing method and mine took 2 weeks but I know some people it takes a week and other it takes three so I would say between 1-3 weeks however most people it takes about 2 weeks for a tattoo to heal
Mickey Bound
Finally made appointment to do a consultation for mini tattoo. It's week after next.
Evil Queen
yay make sure to post a picture so we can see it
Mickey Bound
Where I need it to hide scar is on inside of wrist might not cover as much as I wanted it to. Can any one tell me how much sun will fade tattoo.
PinkElephants
the colors of the tattoo will fade a bit over time, no matter what. But you can wear long sleeves and or sunscreen (once it heals) to keep the color fresh for as long :)
D1sn3yl0v3
Keep it out of the sun until three weeks after you get it and then wear sunscreen on it when you will be in the sun and that will help slow down fading. Also Some people I know used a lotion with oatmeal in it on there tattoos and that caused it to fade as well.
Mickey Bound
Thank you. I go in next week to have consultation. Will see if it will cover
Mickey Bound
Went to tattoo person he is drawing up design going again next week to see art work.
Evil Queen
yay how exciting
Mickey Bound
Ok guys got tattoo. Will try to post picture. Maybe can do it with computer phone won't do it
PirateQueenRaval
Nice Mickey bound!
Mickey Bound
Can you post picture with computer can do from phone. Also decided to do Mickey on other side of wrist to balance out. So will try to do picture when all done.
PirateQueenRaval
I think if you start a new topic you can choose a photo straight from your phone. Although when I tried just now it said choose an avatar. Maybe a mod can help? I am not sure how to ppst a photo in a reply to a topic already created.
Holly
Mickey bound. Did you ever post a photo? I'm dying to see them.. :)
Mickey Bound
Got them but phone won't let me do picture. Anyone know if you can do it from computer? Have mini and Mickey on same wrist but still need to do a heart between them.
NapaJane
just got mine too! healing still, will post a pic. Can't wait to see Mickey Bound! Can you start a new topic, still won't let you post?
Mickey Bound
Tried that my IPhone won't let me do it.
Mickey Bound
Changed picture on account it is small but you can see it.
PirateQueenRaval
From what I can see in your profile pic, it's very cute!
Mickey Bound
Have had many compliments on them. Someone in line last trip actually stoped me and took picture
PinkElephants
Absolutely adorable!!
Evil Queen
I love it mickey bound! im so glad you found the perfect one.
Mickey Bound
Thank you evil queen. Thinking about doing tinker bell on upper thigh.
Evil Queen
I warned you mickey bound, they are addicting. lol
NapaJane
Glad you finally got your art Mickey Bound, I am ready for the next one too. Like Evil Queen, everyone said it would be addicting. My cousin has more Disney ones than I can count.
Mickey Bound
Getting it on 15th it is tinkerbell with attitude. It is called tinker tude. If you type it in on the internet you will get an idea.

Login to Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login with Facebook to Reply
Follow us on: